Break Out

Squinting his eyes, Cas glanced between the three of you. Not saying a word, you could tell he was processing what he had just heard, trying to make sense of it all.

"An Angel?" He reiterated. "I guess that makes sense, with my ability to heal, but I didn't feel Angelic."

"It's there. Buried deep down. All you have to do is concentrate on it, then your Angel mojo with come rushing back." Meg insisted, as Dean glared at her. You could easily see he was not happy with Meg and the way she was handling the situation.

"It might not work that way." He argued, but you were busy watching Cas. He had his hands clenched around his trench coat, his eyes tightly closed. You were hoping that he was reaching deep into his mind, finding his memories. Because you knew time was running out for Sam, and you hoped you weren't already too late.

"Dean, wait." You said, your hand on his shoulder, forcing him to look over at Cas.

"Well, would you look at that." Meg started to say, but a glance from you had her stopping.

Seconds ticked by, and finally Cas looked up, his eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "Dean, I'm so sorry." Was all he said, and you peered over at Dean, waiting to see how he was going to handle this.

"Sorry for what?" Dean asked, trying to brush it off as Meg walked over to the top of the hill, peering down at the hospital down below.

"I'm sorry for everything that happened. For messing with Sam's mind, and for dealing with those Leviathan to begin with. I don't ever expect you to forgive me." Cas said humbly, just as Meg came back.

"Um guys, I think we have a problem. There are at least four men down there, and they are all Demons." Meg started. "I can't take them all on! Cas, you need to use some of that mojo and take them out!"

"I don't remember how!" He argued, as you stepped up.

"Cas, you just need to think. Because Sam is in there, and if there's Demons that means he doesn't have much time!" You yelled, showing much more emotion than you wanted to. It was easy to see that Cas was still reeling, but you need him whole, and you needed him now.

"I will try. That's all I can do." He finally said, as Dean dug around in his car, getting out holy water, and anything else he could think of.

After spending the next five minutes going over a plan, you and Dean moved around the back as Meg and Cas went to take out the main group of Demons. Taking a deep breath, you glanced down, noticing your hands were shaking.

Dean must have noticed it too, as he reached over and grabbed one of them. "Y/N, everything is going to be fine. We're going to go in there, kill the rest of the Demon bastards and get Sam the hell out of there. Then Cas is going to save him."

"That's an unusual amount of hope, even for you Dean." You muttered as the two of you entered through a side door. Walking through the darkened hallway, you glanced curiously at Dean.

"This isn't right. Where are all the other patients? The doctors?" You whispered to Dean as you glanced around the corner.

"Demons must have gotten to them." Dean told you, and you wondered why you couldn't feel the lost souls. Wondering if a Reaper had already been here, or was in the process or reaping the souls.

Walking up to Sam's room, you could feel your heart beating fast, and you wondered if Dean could hear it. Peering around the door, your heart dropped when you saw it empty, with signs of a scuffle. Chairs were overturned, and the bed had been pushed to the side. "Dean." You whispered, unable to say anymore.

"He's okay. He has to be okay." Dean assured you, as much as he was assuring himself.

"Then, where is he?" You asked, as the two of you continued down the hallway. Listening carefully, you could just make out the sounds of a fight, and without another thought you raced down the hallway, a confused Dean following along.

"He's in here!" You threw over your shoulder before pushing open the double doors. What you saw in front of you had you stopped for a moment, your heart breaking for Sam. He was tied up on a table, looking even more exhausted and broken down than the last time you had seen him. His hair was greasy and dull, his nails ragged as he fought against the leather straps. He was strapped to some sort of machine, the Demon standing off to the side turning the leather. With a groan, Sam started jerking, as the electricity rushed through his body.

Without another thought you raced up to the Demon, your anger powering you up. Smashing against him, you rammed him into the wall. Placing your hands against his forehead, you concentrated, and soon he began flashing orange, before going limp and falling to the ground. Dizzy, you stood there, your body swaying before you slid to the floor. Dean was over Sam, ripping off the cuffs and helping Sam to his feet. "Y/N, you good?" Dean asked, just as Cas came barreling through the door.

"I will be." You told him, as Cas helped you to your feet. Killing the Demon wasn't something a Reaper could normally do, but your anger at what he had been doing had fueled your power. And now you were completely drained. With Dean holding Sam, and Cas holding you, the four of you made your way out of that room, and into Sam's old room.

"Cas, can you help him?" Dean asked as Cas gently placed you in a chair. Sam was sitting on the bed, not even looking at the three of you. It was like he didn't even recognize you, at all.

"Sam?" You asked, and his glazed eyes turned your way. "Lucifer is singing right now. I'm so tired." Was all he said before looking away.

"Oh Sam, I'm sorry I ever did this to you." Cas said solemnly. "I wish I could fix this."

"Cas, what do you mean? Isn't there something you can do?" Dean asked, frustrated.

Tilting his head, Cas stared at Sam for a moment, before nodding to himself. "There may be a way." He announced. Watching as Cas reached over to Sam. Sam pulled back, as if he feared Castiel's touch, but the Angel's grip was strong. With their arms intertwined, you noticed red veins traveling from Sam's arms, to Cas. Clenching his tightly closed, Cas seemed in pain as the veins throbbed before vanishing from sight.

It was over in the blink of an eye, Cas bracing himself against the wall as Sam's vision slowly cleared and he sat up a little straighter in bed. "Where...What...?" Sam muttered, before his gaze landed on you. "Y/N?"

"Hey ya Sammy." You whispered, wishing you could rush over and jump into his arms. But he was too weak, and so were you.

"Cas, is it done?" Dean asked, glancing between his best friend and his brother.

"Yes, I believe so." Cas said, as he slowly turned towards Dean, a soft smile on his face. "It's not too bad. I don't see Lucifer, which is a relief." Humming to himself, he began pacing the room, a shell of the powerful angel.

"What did he do?" You whispered, watching the Angel who just seemed a shell of the man he once was.

"I think he transferred it to himself." Sam explained, which made sense.

"Well, he might not be seeing Lucifer, but it's totally messing with his mind!" You exclaimed, saddened that this was the only way Cas had been able to save Sam. "What are we going to do?"

"You should keep him here. I'll keep an eye on him, wait until he heals." Meg suggested from the doorway. "There's no way he should be out there, this vulnerable."

The two of you had completely forgotten that Meg was still there, and you jumped at her voice.

"I don't know." Dean wondered out loud. "What's to say that you don't take him for your own personal use."

"Dean, I thought you knew me better than that. I care for the little tree topper, and want him better. I'll keep an eye on him, you can be assured of that." She insisted, and you could sense she was telling the truth.

"You'll keep in touch?" You asked her, and she nodded. "Then fine. But if we hear the slightest..."

"Don't you worry your little reaper mind. I won't let a thing happen to this little unicorn." She muttered.