The Devil's in the Details

Detroit. It was a city you had never been to, and never really had thought about visiting. It housed some history, but now with the appending apocalypse it just seemed dark, dirty and sad. As Dean drove through the streets, you saw broken window after broken window, young kids huddling under street lamps, and thugs selling drugs on the corners. 

Dean pulled to a stop in an alley way, and you stayed inside the Impala, afraid to get out of the car. You were scared for more than one reason. You knew there were probably threats out there, like gangsters, and those down on their luck, but it was also the thought that this was it. You were here, and now Sam was going to say yes to Lucifer, and you would never see him again. The moment you stepped out of this car, your life would change, and you weren't ready for it. You might have lived thousands of years, but this moment scared you more than anything else you had ever seen or done.

"Y/N?" Sam said, and you turned to see he had already opened your door, and was holding his hand out. Taking a deep breath, trying to calm yourself down, you placed your hand in his, paying careful attention to how it dwarfed yours completely. He gently tugged on your hand, and you slid out of the car, and into his arms. He seemed stronger, bigger somehow, the Demon blood pumping through his veins, turning him into a dangerous killing machine. You laid your cheek on his chest, listening to the deep thud of his heart, wishing you could stay in this spot forever.

Seconds ticked by, and you knew you were being selfish. Prying yourself from his arms, you stepped back, wiping a stray tear away. You hadn't even realized you were crying. Sam's eyes showed his inner turmoil, but before he did something about it, he turned to Bobby. Bobby pulled him in tight for a hug, roughly patting his back. "Be careful, you hear me Boy? You were like my own son to me, remember that." You could hear Bobby say gruffly, and you closed your eyes for a second, trying to keep the fresh wave of tears from falling. 

Sam then turned to Cas, clasping his hand. "Keep an eye out for these guys. Please?" Sam begged him. 

"You know that's not possible right?" Cas said, being utterly clueless to what Sam was asking. Sam tilted his head, and it was then Cas realized his mistake. "Yeah, I'm sorry. Don't worry, everything will be fine." He tried saying, but the moment was broken. 

It was Dean's turn next, pulling Sam in for a tight hug. It broke your heart to think that these two brothers, closer than any other humans you had ever seen, would be broken up in a couple of minutes. It didn't seem right, and it didn't seem fair. Dean reached up, wrapping his hand around his little brother's neck, and you could see it was killing him, eating him alive. It went against everything he knew, to let his brother do this, and not step in and stop him.

Finally, it was your turn. As he came striding over your way, his gaze started at the tip of your toes, moving slowly up your body, as if trying to memorize every line, every curve, every single inch of your body. You let the tears fall freely, and he crushed you to his chest. "Why couldn't I have met you sooner?" He muttered into your hair as he held on for dear life. 

"I'm sorry I didn't show myself sooner. But I never thought that this would have happened. That I would have felt love for the first time. Thank you for that Sam." You told him, feeling his arms tighten around you even more at your words.

"I never thought I'd love again, after Jess. But you opened my heart, and I will gladly go into the pit with that as a reminder of what I'm saving." He said, tilting your head up, and claiming your mouth. It was a goodbye kiss. You felt him searching, as if he was mapping you out so he wouldn't forget your taste, or the way your lips felt against his. You let him take what he needed, but it felt like it was too soon when he was pulling away.

He cupped your cheek, a tear leaving his eye as he gazed down at you. "Please, remember my request. Stay safe, make sure Dean doesn't drink himself to Death. Take care of yourself too."

You nodded, your tears causing you to hiccup. He leaned down, pressing one more kiss to your lips before turning and walking over to Dean. He gave a slight tip of his head to his brother, and they both walked off. 

You stood there, tears streaming down your face, watching them until you could no longer see them. Once they disappeared from sight, all your energy left you, and you fell to your knees, letting the sobs and the sad emotions take over. Your shoulders shook, and you ignored the pebbles digging into your knees. You couldn't catch a breath, and you had never felt like this before. You never wanted to feel like this again. As a Reaper, maybe there was a switch inside you, a way to shut off these emotions. Emotions that hadn't been there until you had fallen for a certain hazel eyed hunter.

"Y/N, come on sweetie. Let's get you into the van." Bobby comforted you, wrapping an arm around your shoulder, helping you off the ground. You let the older man help you, but when he started to move towards his van, you froze. 

"No, the Impala." You muttered, needing the comfort of familiarity. He sighed, but moved you over, and you slid in the front seat. At your feet was a waddled up plaid, and you grabbed it, bringing it to your face. It was one of Sam's, one of your favorites. Maybe he left it by accident, maybe he left if for you, but it didn't matter. Cuddling it to your cheek, you leaned against the door, your eyes trained to the opening of the alley, watching and waiting. Waiting to see if he had succeeded, or if there was the slightest possibility that he might be coming back to you.

**I know it's short, but this is a really busy week, and I thought shorter was better than no update!!