Together

You looked over at Dean in shock, as the music pounded through the speakers. The road jarred you, and you had to hold on to the arm rest as you looked ahead. And what you saw had your jaw tensing, ready to fight for Sam, no matter the consequences. Sam, or Lucifer who was wearing Sam, was standing with his legs spread wide. His hands were at his side as he watched Dean driving up, his gaze one of wonder and boredom. Michael, who had shown up in Adam's body, who you had found out was their brother, stood on the other side, staring at you also.

It looked like you had surprised them, stopping them before they had started. Dean shut the engine off, shrugging his shoulders at you. "What the hell." He said, before climbing out of the car. Closing your eyes, you took a deep breath, before opening your door and stepping out. Crossing to the front of the Impala, you stood  next to Dean as both Lucifer and Michael strode forward a little.

"Dean, you're too late. I chose your brother." Michael told him, but Dean's attention wasn't on him. His eyes were glued to Lucifer, who was looking at the two of you with cool indifference. It pained you to see that look of disdain, and nonchalance from Sam's face. 

"I'm not here for you." Dean spouted off at Michael. "I'm here for Sam."

"Me too." You interjected, letting them know you were ready and willing to fight too. 

"How sweet. Sammy's little slut and his loser of a brother came to say goodbye." Lucifer said, before looking you up and down. "Hmm, if we weren't getting ready to battle, I would take you out for a ride. I don't think Sam would mind."

"Shut up you humgruffin!" You yelled back, stopping everyone in their tracks.

"What the hell?" Dean whispered from the corner of his mouth. You shrugged. It was the best you could come up with, something you had heard a long time ago, an insult that had stuck with you through time.

"Listen, I'm sorry to stop this interesting conversation, but Lucifer and I have an appointment. Now please remove yourself, and let us finish this." Michael ordered, and Dean just glared at him.

"Not until I have a chance to talk to my brother. Sam, can you hear me?" Dean insisted, and you had to admit, he had some balls to argue with Archangels like that. 

"Can't you listen boy?" Michael sneered, becoming pretty angry with Dean. Before either of you could answer, a familiar voice yelled from across the cemetery.

"Hey, assbutt!" Cas yelled, and you watched as he threw a flaming bottle at Michael, who exploded in a furious yell.

"What's with you supernatural beings and your crappy insults?" Dean muttered, before turning his attention to Lucifer. But Lucifer's attention was on Cas, who seemed extremely nervous. 

"You just molotoved my brother." Lucifer growled, and with a snap of his fingers, Cas exploded in a million pieces, covering Bobby with blood. 

Satisfied that he had revenged his brother, Lucifer turned his attention to you and Dean. "You guys are really annoying. You knew this was going to happen. Sam's in here fighting, I can feel it. He's been fighting ever since I took residence, but it hasn't been this strong until he saw you two. Especially Y/N. And I can't have that."

He raised his hand to strike you, but a couple of shots rang out, Sam's body getting peppered with bullets. Even though it was Lucifer, it still was hard to see Sam getting shot. Lucifer glared at Bobby, before swinging his head and snapping his neck like it was a twig. 

Holding back a sob, you turned back to Lucifer, waiting for him to hit you, or snap your neck just like he did the man you looked up to. He was staring at you, a strange expression on his face. "Do it. I dare you. But when you snap my neck, it''s only going to piss Sam off, and he's going to fight even harder."

Dean took a step forward, trying to wedge himself in between you and Lucifer, wanting to protect you while trying to get through to his brother. It was a hard battle, and you stepped around him, not wanting him to fight your battle. "You are interesting, especially for a Reaper. I thought Death would have pushed that out of you by now."

"I'm not like most Reapers." You said. "Sam? Can you hear me? Dean and I, we're here for you. We aren't going to let you go alone. You can fight this."

Lucifer laughed. "I can see why you get along so well with the Winchesters. You are as hard headed as they are. Let's see what we can do to fix that."

"Y/N, go!" Dean yelled, but before you could do anything, Lucifer had you in his grasp, pulling you towards him. Dean rushed forward, but Lucifer snapped his hand forward, smashing it into Dean's jaw, knocking him to the ground.

"Wait your turn." He said, before snapping his fingers, and Dean couldn't move. Lucifer turned to you, running his hand down the side of your face. "What should we do? What can I do that will knock you off of that high pedestal you've put yourself on?"

"You can go back to hell! Sam, please fight him!" You pleaded, and Lucifer's grip tightened on yours.

He moved his hand from your shoulder, placing it around your neck, holding you a foot off of the ground. "You are aggravating." He growled, squeezing your neck.

"Y/N!" Dean yelled, just as Lucifer twisted Sam's face into a smile. 

"I know." He said, before chanting in Enochian. You might know most languages, but you did not know the Angel's language, and you could only wait, wondering how bad your punishment was going to be.

"Sam, if you can hear me, know this. I love you. More than I ever thought possible. You are so strong, so brave, I couldn't help but fall in love with you. No matter what happens here, don't blame yourself." You gasped, as you felt a burning warmth spread from your toes, getting hotter and hotter as it spread up your body. By the time it hit your chest, you couldn't breathe, feeling as if you were being burned from the inside out. You heard someone screaming, and it took seconds for you to realize it was you. 

"There, that should do the trick." He said, pleased with himself, before dropping you on the ground. You had no energy left in your body, and you could only watch as he began to pummel Dean. 

Dean refused to fight back, letting Lucifer use his brother to pound him into a pulp. All the time pleading with Sam, letting him know he wasn't alone. You were curled tight in a ball, your entire being tight and on fire. 

Panting, you were able to make it to your knees, just as Lucifer seemed to lose his balance. Dean fell to the ground, bloody and almost unrecognizable, as Lucifer held his hand. Through your tears, you could see his whole Demeanor change. He went from confident and assured, to fighting, his movements rough and uneven. But it was the voice that broke through your pain. "Dean, don't worry. I've got him." Sam assured his brother, before turning a guilty gaze your way.

"Y/N, I love you!" He yelled as he tossed the key behind him, chanting the Enochian code. He turned to jump in, just as Michael reappeared. 

"Sam, no!" He yelled, grabbing a hold of Sam as he fell backwards into the pit. You could only watched as he pulled them both down, before closing. The pain bearable, you crawled your way to Dean, scared he would be unconscious, or dead when you came to him. 

He had one eye swollen shut, but the other eye was open, staring at the hole his brother had just been swallowed up in. His face was a mash of bruises, probably more broken bones than you could count. 

"Dean, let me help you." You said, reaching out to try to heal him. While Angels could fully heal, a Reaper could only do a little, at great cost to themselves. But you had to help him. Pressing your hand against his cheek, he winced but stayed still. Concentrating hard, you tried to force some of your energy into his body. When nothing happened, you tried again, closing your eyes and concentrating.

Once again, the usual tingling didn't happen, and Dean didn't heal. "It's not working. Why's it not working?" You whispered, before the two of you just stared at the hole, your mind full of questions.