Midnight Conversation

It was a couple of hours later you found yourself relaxed for the first time in a long time. After talking things out with Sam, you felt so much better, back to the old you that had fallen in love with him in the first place. Gone was the skittish, and wild Purgatory you. In its place was something new. You still had a little bit of the wildness, the killer instinct in you. But it was mixed in with the loving, caring side that had out casted you as a Reaper to begin with.

Dean was sitting at the table, hunched over his laptop, while you lounged on the bed. Actually, it wasn't the bed you were laying on. Sam was propped up against the headboard, his phone in his hand. You were laying in between his legs, your head resting on his chest, your hand splayed across his thigh. It was comfortable, and you continuously found yourself nodding off, comfortable and relaxed. It was a heady feeling, knowing you were where you belonged, with the man you loved. That everything seemed to be working out, even if only for a moment.

"It's nice." Dean announced, as he stood up and grabbed his jacket. "Not that I'm into the mushy stuff. But it's nice seeing the two of you like this. For a while there I was afraid the two of you were done. So, it's nice seeing you guys happy and together again."

"I couldn't agree more." Sam answered, staring down at you, a smile playing on his lips. "This is all I could think of when I was in that hospital. How I wanted to survive so I could be with Y/N once again."

"Well, I'm going to give the two of you some space. I'll be down at that bar a couple blocks away." Dean said as he shut the door behind him.

"That was nice." You mumbled, snuggling closer to Sam who sat his phone down on the nightstand.

"Yeah, uncharacteristically nice." He agreed. "How did it work when it was just the two of you looking for answers?"

"It went really well actually. We worked well as a team, and we did a decent job of calming each other down when we were about ready to give up." You told him, your hand running up under his shirt to run against the smooth skin of his belly.

"I'm glad. I knew things were rocky with the two of you at the beginning, and I was hoping things were good between you." He answered as his hand tightened on your hip.

"Yep. Everything is great. I'm here, in your arms, your brain isn't addled with Lucifer thoughts anymore. Dean's doing what he does best, drinking and flirting with the bar tender. I just wish that Cas was here, and not back at the hospital." You told him, before yawning.

You could feel his body tense up at the mention of Cas. "I hate that Cas took my place. That he's suffering because of me."

Turning your head so you could face him, you made sure he was looking at you. "It's not your fault. You didn't ask for the wall in your head to be broken. Cas did it, and he's trying to fix things. So, no matter how much we hate that he's back there, we have to respect his wishes."

Grumbling a response, Sam changed the subject, pulling your body tight against his, his hands cupping your butt. "Shall we change the subject? Dean gave us some time alone, and I can think of some fun ways to fill that time."

"Sounds great." You answered, before his lips captured yours, hungry and possessive.

__________________________________

You were nodding off when Dean finally let himself back into the hotel room. All the lights were off, and Sam was snoring lightly as he spooned you from behind. "Hey." You whispered, not wanting to wake up the man behind you.

"You're awake?" Dean was surprised, as he leaned down to take his boots off. "I expected Sam would have worn you out by now."

"He tried. But ever since coming back from Purgatory, I have my Reaper skills back, and that includes lack of sleep. I don't need that much sleep to function on." You explained, sliding out of Sam's embrace, and pulling his shirt farther down to cover your bare legs.

Sitting at the table across from Dean, you rested your head against your crossed arms. "I noticed you seemed fully charged after coming back. Is that why Death wants you?"

Shrugging, you looked back towards Sam. "I don't know. But I'm not going back. I'd gladly give up my powers, once again. Just so I can stay here, live a life with Sam. And you."

"I wouldn't be opposed to that. And you're so good for Sam. He's always wanted to get out of this life. Find a nice girl, settle down. At least he's found the girl. That's a start." Dean answered softly, staring fondly down at his brother.

"Do you think he still wants that? To leave hunting behind and start a family?" You thought out loud, wondering if you could give him that. It was rare for a Reaper to have a family, to give birth. Actually, you had never heard of it happening, so you weren't even sure it was a possibility.

"I think he wants you." Was all Dean said, leaving you wondering.

"So, what now? Do we go back to traveling across the country, hunting monsters?" You asked.

"We need to deal with the Leviathan that Cas unleashed upon this world. And also see what Death wants with you." Sam said groggily from the bed. Turning to the bed, you saw him sitting up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"I've heard tales of these Leviathan. They are powerful, and scary." You muttered, watching as both brothers nodded.

"Yeah, not exactly another walk in the park." Dean muttered. "But for now, we are just going to take it one day at a time. And that includes me passing out on that bed, sleeping until noon."

Patting you on the shoulder, Dean made his way into the bathroom, and Sam patted the bed next to him. Slipping under the covers, you let Sam maneuver you so you were pressed against his side, one hand splayed across his chest.

"Y/N, what were you and Dean talking about?" He asked softly, his hand absently running up and down your shoulder.

"Sam, is that truly what you want? An apple pie life away from hunting? With a family?" You asked him, his hand stilling.

"It's what I've always dreamed of. Leaving this life behind. Becoming something other than a hunter, maybe one day having a family." He answered you, your heart plummeting.

"What if I can't give you a family?" You asked him quietly.

"That does not matter to me. What matters is having you by my side. Be it hunting, or settling down in some town. As long as you're with me, that's what I want."