Dragon's Blood

"I can't believe I beat you guys here!" Dean exclaimed, leaning against the side of the Impala as he waited for you. "Actually I can. The two of you probably had each other's clothes off as soon as I left the room." 

"Dean..." Sam started, but your hand placed gently on his shoulder stopped him from continuing his sentence.

"Dean, I'm sorry. We had a bit of a delay. Cas showed up." You answered, and you could see Dean's teasing turn to concern as he looked his brother's way.

"And? What did he want?" He asked carefully, trying to read you.

"Dean, why didn't you tell me?" Sam inquired, giving Dean his answer.

"Damn it Y/N, we promised we weren't going to say anything! Why couldn't you have stopped Cas?" He asked, blaming you.

"I wasn't in the room!" You argued. "By the time I came back it was too late, and Sam found out everything. But maybe it's better this way. We won't have to lie to him anymore."

"Yeah, no more lying is a good thing." Sam agreed.

Dean walked over, poking his taller brother in the chest. "Fine. But do not go digging for the memories of when you were soulless. Understood?"

"Dean, I..." Sam started, but the look on Dean's face booked no argument.

"No Sam. That is what Death said. If you even itch at the wall, the memories could come back, and turn your brain to mush. We can't risk it!" Dean ordered.

"Can we get back to the case at hand?" You interrupted, not wanting the two brothers to get into a fight while you had a dragon that needed taken care of. "There are damsels in distress, and a dragon that needs to be slayed."

"Can I be the knight in shining armor?" Dean asked, his attitude changing from frustrated and ticked off to amused and silly.

"Of course you can Dean. But to one of the girls you rescue. Sammy here can be my knight." You answered, earning a groan from Dean.

"None of that sickeningly sweet crap." He grumbled, before leaning into the Impala and pulling out what used to be a sword. Only now half of it was gone, leaving a jagged piece of steel sticking out of an ornate handle.

"What the hell happened to that sword?" Sam asked Dean, who looked a little sheepish.

"I might have blown it into bits." He muttered. "It was stuck in stone, and I used dynamite."

"Of course you did." Sam grinned.

"Shut up." Dean sputtered, holding the sword up. "At least there's some of it left."

You stayed a step behind Sam and Dean as they made their way to the old, closed off entrance to the Subway. With overgrown weeds and a rusted lock, it took some elbow grease before Sam had it open enough the three of you could go inside. As soon as you stepped inside the damp, dank and dark interior of the unused Subway, you could feel the greed and power of the Dragon, and shivers ran through your body. 

"You okay?" Sam asked, noticing your trepidation.

Taking a deep breath, you nodded, even though you truly weren't. Dragons scared you, and you could still vividly remember your last run in with one. And those memories made you want to tuck your tail between your legs and run back to the Impala.

Reaching out, Sam grasped your hand, letting the two of you walk behind Dean who held his flashlight out, illuminating the way. As you passed through the damp hallway, you saw something shiny in the corner of your eye. "Dean, wait!" You whispered, stopping and bending down. As soon as his flashlight hit it, you saw a huge pile of valuables. All made out of gold, there were watches, bracelets, and necklaces. A small fortune sat on the floor in front of you.

"We're in the right spot." You informed them.

"So it's true? Dragon's do hoard gold?" Dean asked, picking up a gold Rolex watch, slipping it into his pocket.

"Yes, it is true." You answered, before the three of you continued on. Soon you could hear the cries of women, and once you rounded the corner, you saw a long iron bridge, with cages underneath. Each cage held at least four women, all in various states of neglect. 

"Please, help us!" They exclaimed as soon as they noticed you. 

"I'll go help them. You find the Dragon." You told Sam and Dean, not wanting to get anywhere close to the scaly man. Kneeling down, you grabbed the lock, thinking fast on how you could break it.

"There is a key, over there!" One of the girls, a young brunette said, pointing to the far edge of the bridge. 

"Stay quiet." You ordered, rushing over and grabbing the set of keys. Frantically you slid back down to your knees, going through each one, your hands shaking as you tried to fit it into the first lock.

"Hurry!" Another girl, at least fifteen begged, her face bloody and terrified.

"We're going to get you out of here. Just stay calm." You told them, before they all quieted down, except for the first one. Her eyes got huge as she stared at something behind you, before frantically pointing.

"The dragon! He's back! Run!" She exclaimed, but before you could move, a large hand reached out, grabbing your shoulder and pulling you to your feet. In your frantic moves to get away from him, you dropped the keys, landing in the cage. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice deep and rough, from years of staying in his dragon form.

"Saving these girls!" You answered, looking for Sam or Dean to come and help you. Your fear of Dragons had you frozen to the spot, knowing if you moved wrong, his claws would rip into your skin, hurting you, or even killing you.

"Just one puny human against a Dragon?" He laughed, before leaning forward, and sniffing your neck. "Wait, you aren't human, are you?"

"Please, let these girls go." You pleaded, just as Sam and Dean came back, stopping when they noticed you were at the mercy of the Dragon. 

"Interesting. A Reaper who begs to save the life of humans?" He uttered as you looked Sam's way. Sam's hands were clenched at his sides, knowing one wrong move from him could end your life.

"Let her go." Dean ordered, holding the sword in front of him, his grip surprisingly true and accurate. 

The Dragon's hand reached out, grasping your chin and forcing you to look at him. His eyes were golden, his pupils reptile like slits. As he held you, his fingers digging into your face but not slicing, yet. "I heard rumors that a Reaper can die from a Dragon's cut. Shall we see?" He asked, before slicing one down your cheek.

The pain was worse than anything you had felt before. Your face burnt and your skin bubbled. Screaming, you felt yourself falling backwards, as the Dragon let go of you. 

"Y/N!" Sam's scream echoed through the small room, as you fell to the ground, your hand coming up to your face, your vision fading in and out as the Dragon's poison moved quickly into your bloodstream. 

Don't Fear the ReaperOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara