Sweet Sorrow

Letting Dean calm you down for a couple more minutes, you finally made your way back inside Bobby's house, trying to keep your emotion battened down. Sam glanced up immediately as you walked in, his eyes full of concern, directed completely at you. He stood up, leaving his empty plate behind him as he came striding forward, his long legs eating up the ground in between you. Without a word, he pulled you into his embrace, your body fitting tightly to his, exactly as it had been before he had gone to Hell."

"Shh, whatever it is, you can talk to me about it." He whispered against your hair as you heard Dean shuffling by. Just hearing Sam's comforting voice had the tears welling up again, the sense of hopelessness and despair overwhelming you enough you felt your knees start to buckle. "Y/N!" Sam exclaimed, before reaching down and picking you up in his arms. Without a word to anyone, he carried you up the narrow stairs, to the guest bedroom the two of you had spent so many wonderful times in. 

Laying you down on the bed, he quickly climbed up after you, pulling you back in his arms. You tried to control your breathing, not wanting to have a melt down when you had just gotten him back. Pressing your head tightly to his chest, you let him run his hand up and down your shoulder, the movement calming. 

He didn't press for words, he just laid there, letting you relax. It worked, just being in his arms, and you could feel your heart beat slowing, your hands weren't as shaky as they had been. Taking a deep breath, you kept your gaze focused on his chest as you talked to him. "Thank you Sam. I needed this."

"Of course." He answered, leaning down and kissing your forehead. "I don't know what went on while I was in hell, and I know it must have been emotional for you today."

There was your Sam, the one you had fallen in love with. Full of love and compassion for other people, always worrying about your feelings even when he was the one being tortured or resurrected. He had just gotten his soul back, or come back from hell like he thought, and yet he was here, comforting you.

"Sam, here I should be worrying about you..." You started, but his hand squeezed your shoulder, stopping you.

"Y/N, I'm back from being in the cage. I'm holding the girl I love in my arms, when I never thought it would happen again. So I'm good. Better than good in fact. So, I want to worry about you."

"It was just a lot. Never thinking I'd see you again, and then here you are. I never thought I'd know the feel of these arms around me, or those lips pressed against mine. When it did sink in, I couldn't control the overwhelming emotions running through me. So, I'm sorry." You admitted, keeping as close to the truth as you could. You hated lying to Sam, but you knew it was for the best. Otherwise the wall could come crumbling down at any moment, and you didn't need that.

"You don't have to apologize. Never apologize for something like that. I understand completely. While I was in Hell, there was one thing that I could look back on, and make me sane. And that was you. Your smile, the sparkle in your eyes, the way everything seemed new to you even though you had been around for a long time. You were my rock, even when Lucifer got creative, and I'm still in disbelief that I can hold you in my arms once again. That this isn't one of his more creative tricks."

You tilted your head up, your lips meeting his. They were warm, while being a little chapped, but exactly what you had remembered. Letting him pull you tighter to him, you wrapped your hands through his silky hair, letting the locks slide through your fingers before you gently tugged on them, pulling his lips closer to yours. 

You could feel his hands moving along your back, sliding over your shirt before slipping underneath the flannel fabric, the calluses a stark contrast to your smooth and soft skin. Running them up your body then down, he slid them over your butt, squeezing tight before lifting so you were laying on top of him.

Sitting up, you pulled your shirt off, leaving you in just your plain black bra and jeans. Sam's hands slid up, undoing your bra, letting it drop, before they came around to your front, cupping your breasts. "I never thought I would be able to run my hands along your body again." He whispered, before leaning forward and pressing open mouthed kisses to the top of each breast, lathering them with attention.

Moaning, you arched your back, pressing your breasts tighter to his mouth, when there came a knock at the door. "Hey, sorry to interrupt the two lovebirds, but I just found a hunt." Dean's voice came muffled through the heavy wooden door.

Sam rested his forehead against your chest for a moment before answering Dean. "Give us ten minutes at least. Then we'll be down."

You could hear Dean grumbling as he walked down the stairs, but your attention was turned away from that as Sam tossed you from his lap and you landed on the bed with a plop. He leaned over you, his hair framing his face and tickling your nose. He had a knowing smile on his face, as he leaned down and pressed his lips to yours once again. "We have just enough time to finish what we started." He said.

___________________________________________________

What was more like a half an hour later, you found yourself getting dressed, your body a little sore and lethargic after your frenzied lovemaking with Sam. Sam had already gone down to meet his brother, giving you a little more time to yourself. Needing it, you sat down on the bed, pulling your socks and shoes on, lost in thought. You weren't sure how you felt about spending your last days with Sam on a hunt, but you understood the reasoning behind it. Dean was trying to keep Sam occupied, so he wouldn't begin to wonder about the missing time. But still, you would rather spend the last couple of days up here, just the two of you.

Pulling on a sweatshirt, you carefully made your way down the stairs, seeing your two favorite men standing by the door, waiting for you. Sam had a huge smile on his face, it still flushed from your earlier activities. Dean shook his head as he looked between the two of you, before giving you a sympathetic pat on the back. "Let's get this show on the road."

Yelling bye to Bobby, you followed them to the Impala, climbing into the backseat. As Dean started out of the long driveway, Sam turned his attention on you. "So Y/N, what did you do while I was stuck in hell?"