Soulless

To say the next few days were awkward would be an understatement.  Dean had given in the next day, letting Sam out of the panic room, but making sure he was never alone with you. At night, you slept on the window seat, while Dean lay on a makeshift bed on the floor. 

It wasn't until the third day that you were tiptoeing around Sam, that Cas finally showed back up. You were sitting at the kitchen table, clutching a cup of coffee in your hands, as you tried to wake up. It had been another restless night, waking up at every creak in the old house, wondering if it was Sam trying to sneak off, or coming to try something again.

"Y/N, where's Sam and Dean?" Cas asked you, startling you enough that hot coffee sloshed over the side, scalding your hand.

"Damn it!" You cussed, wiping your hand off on your jeans, trying to calm your speeding heart.

"I'm sorry, I did not mean to scare you. I came as soon as I could. Heaven has not been easy to deal with." He told you, not moving from his spot by the door. 

You stood up, dumping your coffee in the sink before turning your attention back on Cas. Even though it had only been around a week since you had seen him, he looked more tired, with dark circles under his eyes. "They are out working on the Impala. Dean won't let Sam out of his view ever since..." You said, your words trailing off, not wanting to talk about that moment.

"I see." Cas said, tilting his head as if he was reading your thoughts. "Well, let's go talk to them. I only have a short amount of time before I'm missed in heaven."

You followed him outside, staying back on the porch, away from Sam who had turned his cold and darker gaze on you. A gaze that was nothing like your old Sam, and it scared you. You could hear Dean and Cas talking, but not once did Sam join in the conversation, instead he moved away, coming closer to you. You stiffened up, ready to run back into the house, letting Bobby protect you. But then you remembered that Bobby had gone to town, and going into the house would leave you by yourself.

"Y/N." He said, standing next to you. You frantically glanced down at Dean, but he was still busy talking to Cas, not paying any attention to the two of you. "I think you and I need to have a talk."

"Sam, you remember what happened last time we talked." You started, but he reached out, painfully grasping your elbow.

"We need to talk. Alone." He said roughly, before pushing you into the house. You were ready to call for Dean, but Sam clamped his other hand over your mouth, stopping you. Deciding that playing along would be easier for now, you let him push you into the house. But when he tried directing you down the stairs to the panic room, you finally started putting up a fight. 

"Sam, no. I don't want to go down there. Please." You begged, trying to turn around and get past him, but he didn't listen. He just picked you up as if you weighed nothing. Carrying you down the rest of the stairs, he tossed you on the small cot in the room, before shutting the heavy iron door. 

"Now, this is better." He said, as you scrambled to sit up. He prowled around you, and no matter how much you turned your head, you could never keep him in your line of sight.

"Sam, what did you want to talk about?" You asked him nervously, wondering how long it would be until they noticed the two of you were missing. 

"I know you can't stand me right now. I see you watching me, with a look halfway between hatred and confusion. I know I said some things that hurt you, but Y/N. We were good together, and I miss that." He said, confusing you.

"You miss what exactly?" You questioned. "You told me you don't feel, that you don't care about anything, or anyone. So how can you exactly miss something then?"

He moved forward so fast that it caught you off guard, his upper body pressing against yours, pushing you down into the worn and thin mattress covering the cot. His lips hovered inches above yours, his long hair tickling your forehead. His multi-colored eyes staring down at you, but without the usual sparkle and love that you saw in them. "I miss this." He said, pressing his hardening length against you, and you gasped. It felt good, and you wanted nothing more than for him to fill your aching need, but not like this. Not with a man who wouldn't care about you afterwards, who would probably turn it against you as soon as he was done.

"I missed that too." You said, earning a wicked smile from him. "But, Sam, I can't do it. Not again. You've changed, and you've hurt me. I don't think I can come back from that." You told him, watching as the smile left his face, an angry scowl taking it's place.

"Then I guess I will just take what I want, and you can decide for yourself if you want to enjoy it or not." He growled, sitting up a little bit. You tried rolling away, but with one strong motion he ripped the buttons off of your flannel shirt, and you heard them hitting the room all over the place. You tried fighting, pulling the fabric back together over your breasts, but he was strong, and he grasped it, pulling it off of you and tossing it to the side.

"Sam, damn it, stop!" You yelled, but with another movement he had your jeans unbuttoned, his large hand trying to slide inside your panties. 

"Sam! Y/N!" Dean yelled from the door, but Sam didn't hear them. With his other free hand, he reached up, ripping the flimsy fabric of your bra, leaving your upper body bare to the chilly air. 

Dean!" You screamed, which angered Sam, and he backhanded you, leaving a metallic taste in your mouth. 

Dean was finally able to open the door, and he rushed in, with Cas right behind him. Pulling Sam off of you, Dean swung wildly, hitting Sam as many times as possible, before he fell down onto the cot. Cas had pulled you off to the side, offering his trench coat as coverage. Shivering in the heavy coat, you watched as Cas and Dean handcuffed Sam to the bed, Sam thrashing and yelling profanities. 

As soon as they were done, Dean came over to you, a gentle hand touching your lip where it was still bleeding. "Are you okay? He didn't, um... did he?" Dean stumbled, and you shook your head. "Good." He answered.

Cas started rolling up the sleeves to his white shirt, walking back over to Sam. "I see what you mean. Sam would never attack Y/N in that manner." Without any preparation, Cas stuck his hand in Sam's chest, causing Sam to scream in pain. 

You winced, wrapping yourself closer to Dean, who had his arm around you. What seemed to take forever was over in a minute, and Cas came back to the two of you while Sam lay unconscious on the cot. "Will he be okay?" You asked.

"He will wake up if that's what you mean." Cas answered. "But as for the other. You are right Dean. Something is different with him. It's his soul. It's missing."