Confessions

You would have loved to have concentrated on the kiss with Sam. His lips against yours was the best thing you had ever felt, and you never wanted it to end. But you used the contact to push just a tiny little bit of yourself, what you considered your spark, into his soul.

It did what you had hoped. You felt him pull back, his face in awe as a silvery light shown through his entire being, lighting him up from within. He stood up, backing away from you, holding his hands out. A silver glow emitted from each finger, and he looked at you in confusion. "Is this because of you?" He asked, but he wasn't accusing you, he just sounded amazed and astounded.

"Yeah, it's a part of my being. I'm going to let you go know. Please fight to come back Sam." You said, giving him a soft smile as you floated back through his mind. This time there was no pain, only contentment, and you knew you had done the right thing.

Closing your eyes, you felt yourself being pulled back into your being, and you opened your eyes to see Sam silent and still below you. "Sam?" You whispered, hoping he would be back and okay by now.

"Y/N, did it work?" Dean's voice rang through your head, sounding fuzzy and far away. You glanced over at him, trying to stand up, but you must have used most of your energy trying to heal Sam. Wavering in your spot, you knew you wouldn't be able to hold yourself up any longer.

"Dean." You tried saying, but a moan came out instead, as you started falling to the floor.

"Damn it." He cussed, moving surprisingly fast, catching you before you collided with the iron floor. With no where else to put you, he laid you down on the cold ground, as your eyes started to flutter shut.

"Dean, he's strong. He should come back." You whispered, before you let your exhaustion take you away.

_________________________________________________

"Dean, I'm fine!" Sam's voice rang through your subconscious as you tried to pull yourself back to the living. "It worked, and I feel as good as new!"

"Thank god." Dean's voice said, low and husky. "Now that you're okay, I think we need to talk. What the hell is she? And don't tell me you don't know, because I know you do."

"Can't it wait Dean? We don't even know how she is!" Sam argued as you kept your eyes closed. This was it, the moment you had been dreading for a long time. You knew as soon as Dean found out about you, you were done for.

"She's breathing. If she even needs to breathe. It's not like she's going anywhere, so spill." Dean sounded angry, his voice booking no room for an argument.

"No." Sam said simply, surprising you. You were a little shocked that Sam stood up for you, and a little pleased. "It's not my story to tell."

"Son of a Bitch!" Dean cussed, and you could hear feet slamming down on the floor as he strode away. "I'm going to go get a beer. Come get me when she wakes up."

It was only moments later you felt a shadow over your face. "Y/N, I know you're awake. Now open your beautiful eyes." Sam's voice sounded from above you.

Following his directions you gave him a sheepish smile. "I'm sorry. I just wasn't ready to face Dean yet." You admitted.

Sam sighed, before sitting back down on the couch. You took the opportunity to search him over. While he still had the dark circles under his eyes, the pale skin, and the lack luster shine to his hair, he seemed a lot better than when you had attempted to save him.

"How are you feeling Sam?" You asked him.

He just shrugged. "A lot better thanks to you. But wasn't that reckless? You seemed pretty wiped out because of it."

"It was worth it." You answered simply.

"You know, we can't hide this from Dean forever. And it's just going to fester the longer we try." Sam told you, his hazel eyes serious as he stared down at you.

"I know." You answered. "I'm just scared of his reaction. Sam, what if he tries to kill me?"

Sam was quiet for a moment, thinking hard, and you wondered if he agreed with your assessment. "I trust Dean, and he likes you. He will give you a chance to speak, and he will listen. I think because of how much you've helped us, Dean will understand."

Sighing, you stood up, brushing the dirt from your pants. "Let's get this over with then." You said, sounding so much braver than you felt.

Sam stood up with you, placing a hand on your shoulder. "Listen Y/N. No matter what happens now, I've got your back. You mean so much to me, and I've come to care for you in such a short time. I won't let a little thing like you being a Reaper stop me from wanting to be with you."

"It's not that little of a thing." You muttered, but your heart was fluttering at the sweetness of Sam's words. You hoped it wouldn't come to the two brothers pairing off against each other, but you weren't exactly sure how Dean would react.

Sam took your hand in his, his large completely engulfing yours. Holding on tightly, the two of you made your way up the stairs. You could hear shuffling in the kitchen, and that's the way you went.

You wanted to drag your feet. To pretend to need to use the bathroom. Anything to prolong this heart break that was sure to occur.

Bobby was nowhere to be seen. Dean was alone in the kitchen, leaning against the cupboards, a bottle of beer hanging loosely in his hand. You looked at him, noticing the furrowed brows, the perpetual frown that graced his face. While Sam might have your heart, Dean was like a brother to you, and you weren't ready to lose that yet.

"Nice to see you both up and moving." He said as you say down at the table.

"Dean, we need to talk." You started, your fingers clenched tightly together. Sam stood behind you, silently offering his support.

"Damn right we need to. I know you've been hiding something from me, since day one. Now spill it before I start going through all the traps I know. What are you?"

The way he looked at you, with such contempt made the words stick in your throat. "I'm a... A... " You tried, cringing when he slammed the bottle down in frustration.

"Just spit it out already! What are you? A Demon? Because Sam's already tapped that. Let's try something a little more original."

"I'm a Reaper." You shouted, waiting to hear his reaction.