Ominous

"Are you..." You stuttered, overwhelmed by the need to pull her to you in a hug. She took care of that, running towards you, throwing herself into your arms. She smelled of sunshine and hope, and you couldn't control the tears of happiness that slipped down your cheek.

"Mommy it's me, you're daughter," she giggled, holding tight to me, and I never wanted to let her go.

"Sweetheart, where are we?" you asked her, as you snuggled her deeper into your arms.

"Our dream," she exclaimed. "I wanted to meet you, I couldn't wait."

Sounding a lot older than she looked, your daughter pressed her tiny little palm to your cheek. "Sweetie, I love this, but why?"

"Because I know what's gonna happen," she mumbled against your neck.

"What? What's going to happen?" you tried asking her, but you could feel the dream slipping away, and you didn't want it to. Not yet. You wanted to spend a couple more moments basking in the sun, holding your daughter, your perfect little daughter.

Peering up at you with beautiful eyes so like her Dad's, you were scared at the fear and sadness already in them. "I can't save you," she whispered, before the sunny valley slipped from your mind, bringing back the dingy cabin walls as you sat straight up in bed.

"Whoa Y/N, what is it?" Sam asked, jumping up from his seat beside you, coming to stand next to your bed. His eyes searched your face, trying to gauge what was going on.

"I saw her," you whispered, a tear slipping down your cheek. "Our daughter, she came to me, in my dream!"

Most people would have been sceptical about your statement, not believing it. But Sam had seen too much, knew there was still so much out there he didn't understand. Instead of blowing it off, he sank down onto the bed beside you, grasping your hand with his. "Tell me about her," he asked.

"She's beautiful," you started. "In my dream she was about four years old. She had curly brown hair, so close to yours in color. Her eyes were mirrors of yours, so beautiful. Her nose was mine, as were her lips, but she looked so much like you."

"She sounds beautiful," he agreed. "Did she have a purpose for the visit?"

"She seemed frightened, and sad," you started to tell him, her last words scaring you as well. "Sam, she said she knows what's going to happen!"

His hand tightened against yours, as he took a deep breath. "And what? What's going to happen?"

"She said she can't save me," you mumbled, before lifting your gaze to meet Sam's once again. "Sam, what does that mean? Am I going to die?"

You could see his mind working fast, his jaw clenched with the weight of your news. Your dream had seemed so nice at first, actually getting to meet your baby daughter. But the last part had been ominous, scaring you. "Sam, what if I never get to meet her? What if she was trying to warn me?"

"Y/N, you'll get to hold your daughter," he assured me. "She's just a baby. Sure, if you believe Death, she's a very powerful baby. But that doesn't mean she knows what's going to happen."

"But Sam, she seemed so upset, so worried," you cried, letting him pull you into his arms, your swollen belly making the movement awkward.

"Maybe she's just feeding off of your fear and uncertainty," he tried again, and you had a feeling you wouldn't get anywhere else with him.

"Maybe," you conceded, letting yourself be comforted by being in his arms.

________________________

It was almost a full three days later, and you were going out of your mind. Almost everyone else in the small little cabin came and went as they pleased, often stopping at a grocery store, bringing you back little sweets, or things that you might enjoy. You were stuck inside the cabin, hardly ever moving from your bed in that tiny little bedroom. It was enough to drive any person crazy.

You had pleaded with Sam to take you to town on his last trip. Promising to stay in the car, needing to get away. No matter how much you pleaded with him, he still refused, not wanting to risk it.

So, you were stuck in the cabin, along with Kevin who always had to stay behind as well. He had made his own little spot at the table in the corner, away from any windows, just an old fashioned lamp to light up the stone tablet in front of him. Night and day he studied that thing, often ignoring everything around him as he worked. He wasn't much company, and you had given up trying to get him to talk.

Sam and Dean had been gone for much longer this time, almost a full day, and you were beginning to worry. Laid up on the couch, a blanket covering your belly, it had been peaceful so far. No horrendous pains shooting through you. Your daughter was quiet, and had been ever since that dream.

"Kevin, do you think they'll be back soon?" You called out, wishing that Cas was here to help you. But as soon as Death had shown up, he had vanished, and had yet to return.

A hum was your only response, exactly as you had figured. Sighing in frustration, you wished your cell phone would work out here, but no reception. You had no way of checking in with either brother, making sure they were okay. Asking them to bring back a book, or something to pass your time with.

About ready to give up and walk down the long, overgrown driveway, you breathed a sigh of relief when you heard the familiar rumble.

It was only minutes later Sam and Dean were struggling inside, their arms full of boxes. "What did you guys buy?" You asked them, struggling to move off the couch when Sam fixed a glare your way, stopping you from moving.

"We know you've been going crazy in here, stuck inside, unable to move around much, with not a lot to do. We stopped at the local thrift store, and found this."

Dean began taking movies out of one of the box, while Sam pulled out an old TV, the DVD player built into it. "I know we don't have TV reception in here, but they had their movies on sale. I know it's not much, but it's a start," Sam explained, moving to set up the TV.

"It's wonderful! You exclaimed, clapping your hands together. "Anything's better than sitting here, letting my mind wander!"

It was only a short time later, the four of you were crowded around the TV, Kevin finally pulled away from his tablet by Dean. There was a bucket of chicken in front of you on the coffee table, along with all the fixings, and a huge pie that Dean promised to share with you. Cuddled up against Sam, you watched the old Western. Westerns had never really been your thing, but it felt nice, all being together, having something to do besides going crazy.

"I hope this makes it a little better," Sam whispered. "I know you're upset, and I want to do more, but my hands are tied. We're being hunted by the Leviathan, and Angels. And you were told to stay on bed rest. I can only do so much."

"This is a start Sam. And thank you for it," you assured him, just as Dean moved to slice up the pie. "And Dean, I want a big piece!" You exclaimed, your daughter kicking as you spoke. "Guess my daughter is taking after her uncle. She seems to love pie."

As everyone laughed, you couldn't help the frown that wouldn't seem to leave your face. You still couldn't shake the statement made by your daughter, even though it didn't seem to worry Sam.