Unspoken Worries

Arriving back at the cabin, you couldn't keep the smile off of your face. Now that Sam knew about your predicament, you were beginning to look forward to it. For so long, you had been worried and ashamed that you couldn't give Sam the type of life he had always wanted. And now, you were pregnant, a thing you never would have dreamed possible. It seemed like such a good omen, a way to bring the two of you even closer together, and you couldn't wait to go through the next step of your life with him by your side.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Dean grumbled, noticing how happy the two of you seemed to be. "Just minutes ago, you were running away from us, and now here you are, the happiest I've probably ever seen you."

"Shall we tell him?" You asked Sam, who stared teasingly at his brother.

"Hmm, I'm not sure." He answered, earning a glare from his brother.

"Seriously guys? Being childish on top of it?" He muttered, walking over to the whiskey bottle, pouring himself a shot before offering it to the two of you.

"I can't." You answered, your hand automatically moving to cover your belly. Even though you had only known for an hour, you were already feeling protective over this precious little thing growing inside of you.

Narrowing his eyes, he glanced down at your hand. It took a couple of seconds for his intelligent mind to process the facts and then his eyes widened as they met your own. "Seriously? Is that even possible?"

"I didn't think it was." You answered. "It's never been heard of. But maybe since I was human for a while? I don't know, but I'm excited!"

"Sammy, you're going to be a Dad!" Dean exclaimed, setting his shot down on the counter and racing over to pull his baby brother into a hug. "I can't believe it, you're going to be a Dad."

"Well, this is still in the new stages," Sam started arguing, looking at you. "A Reapers never had a baby before so we don't know what will happen. We just need to take things slow, and carefully. But yes, I'm going to be a Dad!"

Dean let go of Sam and came over to you, pulling you into a tight hug. "What's Death going to do when he finds out? He'll find out, won't he?"

Sighing, you looked between the two men. "He already knows. Tessa, his right-hand Reaper, already knows. She's the one who told me the truth before I even used the tests. I have no idea what he's going to do, but I don't want him taking this baby from me. I will do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen."

"Wish we could get Cas down here, have him set up some sigils." Dean sighed, rubbing his mouth with his hand. "We'll do our best, but he's so much better at it."

"Yeah, while we work on killing those freaking Leviathan." Sam muttered.

Just then, Dean's phone rang, and he answered it quickly. "Hey Meg, what's up?" Dean asked, letting the two of you know who he was talking to. "He is? We'll be there as soon as possible."

"What's up?" Sam asked Dean as soon as he hung up.

"Cas is awake, but he's a little different and she needs help." Dean explained, grabbing his coat.

"Alright, let's go." Sam agreed, before glancing your way. "Maybe you should stay here..."

"No, I want to go. Cas is my friend too!" You insisted, earning another sigh from Sam.

"I know. But with the Leviathan out there, and your new situation, I just thought it might be safest." He pleaded, but you shook your head.

"Just because I'm the first pregnant Reaper in the history of Reapers doesn't mean I'm going to sit in a freaking rocking chair, knitting baby clothes while the men go off to do the important things." You growled, the wind whipping around you in your frustration.

"Okay, okay!" Sam answered, holding his hands up. "I was just trying to keep you safe!"

"I know." You mumbled, calming down instantly. "But Sam, I need to stay by your side. With you and Dean beside me, that's the safest."

Without any more argument, you made your way to the Impala, sliding into your normal spot in the backseat. Sam and Dean came out moments later, bags in their hand.

As Dean easily navigated the familiar roads back to the hospital, you stayed quiet in the back, reflecting on your news, and what it meant for your future. Truthfully, you didn't want to have your baby living up in a life of rotating motel rooms, but you weren't sure what else to do. Sure, there were the cabins that Sam and Dean frequented. They would be much better than a motel room, and you could work on making one Baby friendly.

What also worried you was your Baby itself. Would it have a normal, human cycle of pregnancy? Or would your Reaper genes speed up the pregnancy? Would your Baby be normal, or would it have powers that you would have to teach him or her to control? There were so many variables that regular people didn't have to deal with, and as the news of the pregnancy settles in, all of these thoughts worried you more than you wanted to admit.

"Y/N, everything okay back there? You're awfully quiet." Sam asked softly, turning in his seat so he could see you.

Smiling up at him, trying your hardest to act as if everything was okay, you nodded. "Yeah, everything's fine. Just a lot to think about, you know?"

Reaching back, he squeezed your hand. "I know. And I'm right here, if you want to talk."

"And I'm right here too." Dean answered, lightening up the mood. "Seriously Y/N, you're not in this alone. You've got your Moose of a man, and his brother who would do anything for you."

"Thanks guys." You answered, but you didn't want to voice your worrisome thoughts. Because they were probably running through their minds as well, and you didn't want to ruin the relief that another friend of yours was up and running, but maybe not on all cylinders. Cas was the important thing to worry about right now. And then, maybe he could help you with some of your questions.