Time Travel

"Yes, we do need to go back in time. But maybe I should just go." Cas started saying, but all of you could tell that was not going to go over with Dean. He crossed his arms, set his shoulders, and stared Cas down.

"Do not tell me you will go back in time and save Sam. We are going back. At least you and me. Sam can stay here with Bobby and Y/N, but you're going to need help." Dean answered, his tone booking no argument. Grateful he wanted you to stay behind,  you weren't sure you wanted to go against Death quite yet.

Sam stepped forward, an angry pout to his lips. "What? There is no way I'm going to just sit around Bobby's house, while the two of you try to save me!"

"Sam, Dean, I don't think you realize exactly how hard it is on me to travel in time, let alone bring two people along with me." Cas tried explaining, but both men were having none of it.

"Cas, it needs to happen." Dean argued, moving forward to stand right in front of his Angel friend.

"Fine. But Y/N stays behind. Or none of you go." Cas ordered, giving you a long look, and you knew he said that more for your benefit than his. 

Bobby came walking over to you, wrapping his arm around your shoulders. "Don't you worry about Y/N, and I. We will stay busy here, searching for ways to stop this damn apocalypse."

"There Cas. It's final. Let's go." Dean said, striding over to him, and Sam started to follow suit, but turned to pull you into a quick hug. 

"Don't worry. We will be back in no time." Sam whispered into your ear, his lips so close to your skin.

"Sam, if something happens, if you need help, just think about me. I will be listening, and if I hear you calling my name, I will break the rules, and come find you." You whispered back, making sure Dean couldn't hear.

Nodding, he went and stood by Cas, who placed his hands on each of their shoulders, and before you could even blink they were gone. Standing there for a moment, already missing Sam, you startled when Bobby patted you on the back. "These books ain't going to read themselves." He told you, before handing you one of the biggest and oldest books he had.

Opening it up, you stared at Bobby in confusion. "Bobby, this book is in an ancient language! How do you expect me to read this?"

He just smiled, and shrugged his shoulder. "Well, I know you're not a who, but a what. And I figured that until you told me what you were, and why you're helping my boys, I would try to figure you out."

"What?" You asked, but really, you weren't surprised that the old man had figured it out. Truthfully, you were surprised that Dean hadn't either. You weren't exactly the greatest at hiding secrets, and it would be so much easier if it came out.

"Don't you lie to me girl. Not anymore. Now, I can tell you're not here to hurt us, but that doesn't mean I'm going to trust you. Especially since you lied to me at first. Wait, does Sam know? Or Dean?" He asked, and you could see his hand inching towards the gun on the desk.

"Bobby, I promise, I'm not here to hurt anyone. I just want to help. And yes Sam knows, but Dean doesn't." You said, holding the book tight to your chest as you waited to see his next move.

"What are you then? Not a typical monster. My holy water and silver didn't work on you." He told you, and you should have realized he would have tested you. He had been in the business way too long to trust a simple story.

"A Reaper." You whispered, waiting for the look of revulsion or hatred to cross his face, but nothing happened.

"Hmm, wouldn't have guessed that one. Maybe that's why I felt Death in my house a couple of nights ago. I was wondering about that." He said, as if you had just told him you were going to the store. Nothing fazed this man.