Meeting Cas

As a Reaper, you had the ability to travel through time, much as Angel's did. It wore you out just as much as it would an Angel, and Death had given strict orders that it should never be done. You knew of some Reapers that had gone against his rules, but you had never attempted it, or had the urge to. You had been a part of all of time, and you were certain you didn't want to go back and relive certain parts.

However, it seemed like you had a choice to make. Because right now, you were sitting at the table with Bobby, Sam, and Dean, talking about Angels. The topic made you nervous, you weren't sure you wanted to be around them, Angels and Reapers never really saw eye to eye. And, if their friend, Castiel, showed up like they said he was going to, you hoped he wouldn't be able to see right through your disguise.

"Y/N, did you zone out there?" Sam asked you, still concerned over your weakness from your visit to Death. You nodded, giving him a reassuring smile.

"So, let me get this straight." Bobby said. "This Angel chick, came to you, and said she needed your help. Do you trust her?"

Dean shrugged, and you could sense the unease coming off of him. "If it had been earlier, than yeah, I would have trusted her. But she was taken by the other Angels. Who knows what they would do to her."

"You're right to not trust her Dean." A gravelly voice said from behind you, as you heard the fluttering of wings. Taking cover, you latched yourself to Sam's side, partly to hide yourself from whoever had just appeared, but also as part of your cover.

"Nice of you to join us Cas." Dean said sarcastically, and you couldn't believe he would talk to an Angel like that. You knew his species and yours weren't meant to get along, but Angels had always fascinated you, and you would have figured humans would have shown them more respect.

"I came as quickly as I could. And we can't trust her. She was taken to the Angel's prison, where they probably retrained her." Cas said, as you got your first look at him. He was tall, but not as tall as the two brothers. His dark hair was messy, his blue eyes hard and unyielding, his trenchcoat flapping about him as he moved towards Dean. So far he hadn't even noticed you, and you wanted to keep it that way.

"So now what? She wants to meet with us, do we just ignore that?" Dean asked him.

The Angel squinted his eyes as he thought. "No, I will go in your place. I will see what she means to do. It will be safer that way." With that, he left, and you sighed in relief. Sam glanced down at you, seeming to notice for the first time how you had curled yourself around him.

"Hey, Cas is a good guy." He reassured you, rubbing his hand up and down your arm in comfort.

Dean nodded, moving to the fridge to get a beer. "Yeah, most Angels are dicks, but he's one of the few good ones. Don't worry about him."

You wished you could tell Sam that Cas could find out about your secret, but Bobby and Dean were too observant, so you knew you could get nothing past them. It was then a thought came to you. With a flick of your fingers, you froze the room, so only you and Sam were the ones able to move and talk. Bobby was frozen at the table, while Dean still had the bottle of beer halfway up to his lips.

Sam glanced around, before staring down at you. "Y/N, what did you do?" He asked.

"I just needed to talk to you. This seemed the best way. Don't worry, they won't know anything happened." You explained, but you could still see Sam was angry at you.

"But to use your powers? Why not pull me out of the room?" He questioned.

You shifted your head, so your gaze was pointed at the floor, ashamed of yourself. "Because they would have noticed. And I'm still getting used to being human."

"Fine. Tell me what you wanted to, then get them back to normal." Sam told you, sweeping his arm to point at Bobby and Dean.

Looking back up at him, you pleaded with your eyes. "Sam, I'm worried. Cas, I know you said he's a friend, but he could out me. Angels can sense Reapers, and our two species don't get along. I'm afraid of what he will do when he notices me."

Your admission seemed to relax Sam, which is exactly what you had not expected. "Oh, that's it. Well, I don't know what to say. Cas isn't exactly like the rest of the Angels. Maybe he will understand."

"Understand what?" Came his voice from behind you, and you jumped. "And why is everything frozen?" He asked, stepping around to look at Sam. It was then he noticed you, and he furrowed his eyes as he gazed at you. "Sam, why is there a Reaper here? And can you see her?"

Sam grabbed your hand, comforting you. "Cas, this is Y/N. Yes I know she's a Reaper, but she's here to help."

"If she's here to help, why did she freeze Bobby and Dean? I don't like it." He said, taking a step towards you, dropping his Angel blade from his coat sleeve. You crept closer to Sam, hugging his side. You would be able to defend yourself against an Angel, but you really didn't want to have to hurt their friend.

"Woah, Cas, stop, please." Sam said, pulling you tight against him. "She saved Dean and I when we tried to kill Lucifer. She's a friend. She just wanted to talk, and Dean doesn't know about her."

Cas turned to look back at his friend. "Dean doesn't know? What's going to happen when you unfreeze everything?"

"Please don't tell him." You begged. "He will kill me. I'm just trying to help."

"Fine, I won't tell him. I will leave that up to you, because I don't sense any negativity coming from you. But if you try to harm any of these men, I will kill you." Cas threatened. 

You nodded, grateful to this Angel. "Can you please zap out and zap back in? Then you can tell all of us what you meant to?" Sam asked Cas, who vanished.

"Well, that went better than I thought." You muttered, flicking your hand, bringing everything back to normal. You watched as Dean chugged his beer, before you heard the familiar sounds of Angel wings behind you.

"Dean, I've talked to Anna. And it's as we expected. She's changed, and now she wants to kill Sam." Cas announced, before giving you a look that seemed to say, see I'm doing this, but I'm not happy about it.

"Kill Sam? What if we get to her first?" Dean asked, as you stared up at Sam in alarm.

"That's the problem. She's nowhere here. She went back in time to stop Sam from being born." Cas said.

"Wait, what are we supposed to do than?" Sam asked.

"Well, we will go back in time and stop her." Dean replied, looking at Cas for confirmation.