Visitor

Kevin's voice could be heard through the entire cabin as he yelled for Sam. Cas stayed by your side, as another pain wracked your body. "Cas, what do you think is happening?" You whispered, extremely scared.

"Do you want the truth? Or as I've been told to say, the sugar-coated truth?" He asked.

Trying to take deep, calming breaths, you groaned your answer. "The truth. The whole truth, no matter how painful it might be."

"In my opinion, it's your Reaper's body reacting to the pregnancy. A Reaper is not supposed to be pregnant, and your body might be fighting it." Cas answered, exactly as you were afraid he would.

"Y/N!" Sam yelled, rushing through the door, his chest heaving as he came to stand next to you. "Kevin said that you're in pain. Is it...the baby?"

"Sam, I don't know." You answered truthfully as another pain erupted in your lower abdomen, and you winced in pain.

"Cas, can't you do something?" Sam pleaded with his friend as he kneeled next to the bed.

"I'm afraid there's nothing I can do. We just need to wait and see what's causing this." Cas spoke softly, before leaving you and Sam alone.

Reaching out, he grasped your hand, squeezing it gently. "Y/N, I..." Sam started, coming to a stop. His words seemed to vanish, and you totally understood why. After all, this was his baby too.

"Sam, I don't know what's happening. It's not like there's a guidebook to pregnancy as a Reaper." You spoke softly. "There's a good chance that one of us, the baby or I will not survive this pregnancy. But I'm willing to take that chance, to start a family with you."

"But I don't want to lose you. If it comes to that..." He cried, his hazel eyes feeling up with tears.

"Then you'll raise our daughter. Cas will help you, I know he will. If she has any sort of powers, he will be the one to turn to." You insisted, both of you hating the way this conversation was going.

"Maybe this is just growing pains, and you'll both be okay." Sam whispered, both of you hoping that was the case.

Feeling exhausted suddenly, you reached up, cupping Sam's cheek. "Can we talk about this later?" You asked him. "I feel like taking a nap."

Leaning forward, he pressed a gentle kiss to your forehead. "Rest. We'll figure this out later."

______________________

You had fallen asleep quickly, the nerves and pain exhausting you. Sleeping fitfully, you dreamt of ghosts and hospital rooms. Death and black windowless rooms. They weren't reassuring dreams, and you woke up even more tired than before.

Darkness had fallen outside, your room chilly and dark. Wrapping the blanket around your shoulders, you slowly rose from the bed, nervously waiting for the pain to come back. When seconds ticked by and nothing happened, you decided to leave the room, and find the rest of the group.

Heading down the hallway, you heard hushed whispers coming from the main room. Just murmurs, nothing you could understand. As you started to round the corner, the entire cabin shook, lightning cracking outside the window.

"What the hell?" Dean grumbled. Taking the short strides to stand next to Sam, you held onto him as the cabin shook once again.

Sam's arm came to wrap around your shoulders, just as the wind picked up outside. Blowing hard enough to whip the trees around outside, the wind was strong enough to blow the windchime from the porch. With a sinking feeling in your gut, you knew exactly what this meant.

"Sam, you guys need to run. Please." You begged, but it was too late. The front door slammed open, breaking off it's hinges with the force. "Sam, go!" You tried again, pushing against him, but it was like pushing a brick wall. He wasn't leaving you there.

Dean pulled his gun from his back pocket, holding it in front of him as a familiar lean figure strode through the front door, his cane entering before him. "Hello Y/N." Death spoke with authority as he came to stand in front of you. "It's been a while."

"Death." You tried to speak calmly, even though you had no idea what was going to happen.

"I see you have some unique company. Two hunters, an Angel and a prophet. Not to mention the life growing inside you." He stated, tapping his cane, making a chair scoot over behind him. Perching on the edge of the chair, he nodded his head towards you. Sitting down on the couch, you watched as Sam moved to sit next to you. "I don't think so Sam Winchester. This is between Y/N and I."

With another tap of his cane, the rest of your group were gone, leaving you alone in the room with the formidable Death. "Y/N, I was very disappointed when you ran from me. For a while I wanted nothing more than to smite you."

"I'm sorry." You hung your head, hoping he wouldn't take it out on you now.

"Don't' be." He surprised you. "Because you stayed with Sam, we have some interesting new developments. Mainly that girl growing inside you. She's the reason I came to visit you."

"Please, don't take my baby." You pleaded.

"Nonsense. I'm not here to take your daughter. At least not yet. The best place for her to grow up is in your company, with hunters and an Angel to teach her the ways of the world. But she is powerful, more powerful than even you can imagine." He answered, seeming back to his old self, the one that favored you.

"Sir, if it's not too much, can I ask a question?" You asked him, and he nodded his head. "Well, today I've had some severe pains, and I'm scared."

"My dear, we have nothing to go on. You're the first Reaper to ever be pregnant, and we won't know if these pains are normal or not." He spoke as he stood up. Coming over to you, he placed his hand on your stomach. Normally, his touch would kill a normal human, but it did nothing to you. It was almost comforting. "Ooh, that's interesting." He spoke, more to himself than you, but it made you nervous all the same.

Seconds ticked by, before he stepped away, steepling his fingers together. "I think I know what the problem is. Your daughter as I said is very powerful. She wants to be born, and I have a feeling your pregnancy will not be as long as a normal person. These pains are your body trying to accommodate her. The next weeks will be hard on you, but I have a feeling you're strong enough to overcome them. And as an honorary grandfather, I will be stopping by to check on you."