Agony

During your life as a Reaper, you had experienced a lot of things. The supposed love of a knight, plagues and wars. You had felt heartbreak and sorrow, along with pain and weariness. Nothing that you had felt in your thousands of years could compare to the agony rushing through your system right now.

The flesh on the side of your face was burning, and in between your cries of agony you wondered if your skin was actually burning off, or if it was just your imagination. Blood seeped out of the wound, sizzling as it came into contact with the wound, and you could smell something putrid and disgusting. 

"Y/N!" Sam screamed, or at least you thought he did. It was hard to tell what was happening when you were so lost in the pain and fear that came with being poisoned by a Dragon. What was worse than the pain was the fear of leaving Sam, knowing this was much more permanent than heading back to Death.

With his arms around you, your head rolled back, laying against his shoulder as your eyes fluttered shut. Your entire body started to spasm, your legs and arms twitching as the poison moved it's way into your bloodstream. 

"Oh my god, Y/N." Sam mumbled, his words barely making it past your pain induced fog that was clouding your brain. "What can I do? How can I fix this?"

"You can't." You heard the Dragon spat, before the sounds of his death filled your ears as Dean ran the severed blade through his heart.

"Sammy, you need to get her out of here, now!" Dean ordered his brother, who sat on the iron bridge, his arms wrapped around your slightly shaking body. "I will get the prisoners free, then meet you. But you need to find Cas, get his help!"

Sam stood up, picking your body up as he went, the movement sending another wave of pain through your inflicted body and you moaned. "Sam, I can't." You stuttered, the words hard to get past your parched and peeling lips. 

"Y/N, please you have to hold on. Fight for me please. I can't lose you!" He pleaded with you, as you let your head lull back, hoping that by letting the darkness win you would be free from the pain. 

______________________________________________________________________

"Cas, what do you mean you can't help her? Look at her, she's dying!! Reapers don't die!" You could hear Sam begging as you fought against the darkness, against the pain lacing through your system.

Your face felt swollen and heavy, heated throughout. Your entire body ached, with shivers running through your body. "Sam." You muttered through cracked lips as you tried to crack your eyes open.

"Y/N!" Sam exclaimed, and you felt the bed sag as he sat down next to you. Wondering how long you had been out, realizing Sam had carried you back to the motel.

"Y/N, how are you feeling?" Cas asked, as Sam held a glass to your lips and you greedily drank the cool water, thinking it tasted even better than the pizza you adored. 

"Like I'm dying." You admitted, before you gasped as your heart clenched painfully, like a heart attack, creating black spots in your vision.

"What can we do? I know of nothing." Cas asked you, placing his fingers against your temple. He was able to take the pain away, for a second, and you were finally able to open your eyes, and stare up into a pair of blue and hazel eyes, both filled with concern.

"I don't know. It's usually deadly." You sputtered, the pain quickly returning, the side of your face turning numb. It was then you realized that this time was deadly too. Enough of the poison had moved into your system, and you were too far along that if there had been the slightest hope it was long gone.

"Damn it Y/N, there has to be something!" Sam yelled, just as the door opened, and Dean walked inside, coming to stand next to his brother. Leaning your head back against the pillow, you felt weak and helpless.

"Sam..." You said, before another round of shivers had the words stopping as your entire body took hold. It was several seconds later, with Sam's hand on your shoulder that you were able to stop. "I've only heard of death between reapers and dragons. I'm sorry. But maybe it's better this way."

Covering your mouth, you coughed hard, the movement making your head feel as if it was going to split open. Looking down at your hand, you saw blood splattering your palm, the poison slowly killing your inside. 

Grasping your hand, Sam's eyes filled with tears, his face contorted in pain. "No, there has to be something! I will find it, and I will save you, like you've saved me!"

Leaving your side, you watched as he went to his laptop, leaving you alone with a concerned Dean and Cas. "Dean, please. You have to watch him, make sure he doesn't blame himself." You begged as your eyes slowly started to close again.

The bed sagged once again as Dean sat down next to you, his hand lightly shaking you so your eyes. "Y/N, I know we've never seen eye to eye. At the beginning I didn't trust you and actually thought about killing you. But I'm glad I didn't. You became the sister I never knew I needed, and you are good for Sam. So we are going to do everything in our power to save you."

A tear slipped down your cheek, landing on the cracked and bloody wound. "Thank you Dean. Even if you can't save me, it was nice hearing that."

Another racking cough had you groaning in pain, and you felt your grasp on consciousness slipping away. As your vision turned black, you glanced one more time at Sam, sitting hunched over, his hair flopping down in front of his face, a frown showcasing how much he was concentrating. If this was the last time you were awake, you wanted him to be the last thing you saw. "Tell Sam I love him." You whispered as you let the darkness take you once again.