Chapter 5

I was nervous out of my mind. And scared. Logan had started walking over me in case these wolves tried attacking.

Logan? I can distract them while you guys run, Tank said.

No. I knew he wasn't talking to me but I wasn't going to let him get hurt for us.

Angel, we have to try something, Logan said. Lacey started shaking her head.

Then, I'll do it, Lacey said.

No. That is not happening. What if you get hurt? Charles asked.

I won't, just trust me, Lacey said. She started whimpering aloud.

What the hell is the whimpering for? the gray wolf said.

I have to use the restroom, Lacey replied, dropping her ears back. He smirk a bit as the group stopped.

So go, he said. Lacey whimpered louder.

But, I'm a girl and there's so many people, Lacey said. He gave me a look that made me cower.

Fine. Heather! Jeannette! Take her behind a tree, he said. Two female wolves walked forward and I, trying seem weak and not a fighter, jumped towards them. I was smaller than them but then again I was the smallest wolf there.

Come on, the larger female said, starting to walk. I walked behind her.

I'm Angie! Who are you? I asked. The wolf behind me fell in step with me and gave me a look.

I'm Jeannette, that's Heather, she said.

Here's your tree, Heather said. I got in position to attack and Heather sighed.

Please don't! Sira will have our heads! Jeannette exclaimed. I froze.

Sira? The gray wolf? I asked.

Yeah. The alpha of Shadow Pack. He took us and forced us into his pack, Jeannette said. They must have known that our pack was the second strongest and if they didn't come from Shadow Pack then I could easily kill them.

Then help me, I said.

To do what? We can't attack Sira, Heather said.

But I know this territory. It's my pack's. We need to run, I urged.

Fine. Lead the way, Heather said. I started running and Jeannette easily fell in step with me and Heather was right behind us.

"Angela!" Papa yelled as we approached the Pack House. I shifted and ran on my legs. Jeannette and Heather hung back even though I waved them on.

"Papa! It's Shadow Pack," I yelled as I ran into his arms. My pack started talking but the Alpha raised his hands.

"Where's the boys?" Alpha asked. I started crying.

"Follow me," I said. I ran, shifting. I heard people following.

There Alpha, I said. They were still waiting for us.

Angie, go back to the pack house, Alpha ordered. I whimpered but his growl was enough to make me step back.

Logan is my mate. Tank, Allen, and Corey are my friends. I deserve to be here, I said.

You have no use if you are dead, Luna, he said. I retreated backwards and nodded.

Angie, go home. We'll bring them home, Papa said. I nodded and turned back to the pack house. Jeannette and Heather walked to the Alpha and he started talking to them. I sighed and ran to the pack house. I shifted to human form and saw females shifting.