Chapter 34

Logan was driving with Tank right next to him and Allen and Corey in the seats furthest back. Tank was on the phone while I made faces at the girls in the middle set of seats. I sucked in my cheeks and made faces I wouldn't normally make in public.

"Look at my pretty mate making pretty faces to my pretty pups," Logan said.

"Shut up please," Tank said to Logan. We all looked at him. "I don't care how much it will cost! That's the treatment I ordered and that's the treatment you will do!" I flinched and Lacey whimpered.

Don't worry. He won't hurt you, Charles soothed Lacey.

How about my pups? Lace asked. Logan looked back and shook his head.

He won't touch them Lace. I swear, he said.

"I swear to God! Just do what I asked and shut up about it!" Tank yelled. He hung up and sunk in the chair. We all stared at him.

"What's wrong?" Logan asked.

"Nothing I can't deal with," Tank responded.

"Tank Willow, what's going on?" Logan's Alpha voice asked. It sent shivers down my back and I lowered my head, submissively.

"My mother was diagnosed with cancer last month," Tank said. I looked at Tank and yet another wolf moved in my head.

Can you touch his arm? it asked. It was a boy's voice and it confused me. But I reached out to touched Tank anyway.

"Your mate asked me too," I said. Tank stared at me and tried looking into my eyes.

Tell him I'm sorry, Tank's mate said.

"He said that he's sorry," I said. Tank raised an eyebrow.

"He?" Tank asked.

Oh God! He hates me so much! Is it because I am a boy? Tank's mate said.

I don't think so. He just wasn't expecting it, Devin said. I rubbed my temple.

But-but he always had girlfriends and never a boyfriend, Tank's mate said.

What's your name? Lacey asked as I leaned back from a headache I was getting.

Liam, he whimpered.

Liam... I am sure that he will love you like Logan loves me, I assured him.

"His name is Liam," I said, rubbing my temple.

"That's a cute name," Tank said, softly.

He thinks my name is cute, Liam whispered. I nodded and leaned back. Corey and Allen cocked their heads at me.

"Oh Lord," I said, closing my eyes.

Close your eyes, Lacey said. So I did.

Four and a half hours later

I woke up in a bed with really soft sheets. I curled up in them and I heard a soft laugh. I took a pillow and covered my head.

"Angie, darling, I know you are awake," Logan said as he laid next to me on the bed.

"No, I'm not," I said. He pulled me to his chest. I had a massive headache.

Advil please, I whined. Logan chuckled.

"Darling, do you have a headache?" he asked.

Yeah. I do, I said.

"Let me get my magic pill," he said. I smiled under the pillow.

Make sure pregnant people can take the magic pill, I said. He got up and chuckled.

"Of course, Love. Let's see here..." he trailed off. I chuckled to myself and I felt his eyes on me. "I care too much about you to just let you be sick in bed while we are at your aunt's and uncle's." I put my head on the pillow as he sat back down with two pills and a water bottle.

"You should. I'm your mate," I said. He slid the pills into my mouth and gave me some of the water.

"I love you, Darling. You are so gorgeous and my personal slice of heaven. But... Lacey is a submissive to me and it's my job to take care of my submissive," he said. I blushed under his gentle yet harsh gaze. "Aw... is my girl being shy?"

"No..." I lied. He grabbed my arm.

"I don't tolerate lying, Angie," he said. I looked at him through my eyelashes and he tilted my head up.

"I'm sorry," I whispered. He kissed me lightly and my phone went off with a text. I picked up my phone and saw a name I never thought would text me.

"Who is it?" Logan asked.

"Izabella," I growled opening the text.

Izabella: Luna. We have a female problem in the pack that we need your help with.

I moaned and fell back.

"You don't like her do you?" he asked. I glared at him.

"I have no idea what you saw in her," I said. He sat me up and rubbed my shoulders.

"You are Luna. You have to respect everyone and help them," he said. I sighed and answered her.

Me: What's wrong?

"Why do you have her number programmed in your phone?" he asked.

"Because your mom programmed everyone's number in my phone so if they contacted me I would know," I said. She answered again.

Izabella: The males in the pack are committing domestic abuse with multiple female in the pack. Every female is alarmed and scared.

I got scared and looked at Logan who was respectfully looking away.

Me: Are they mates?

Izabella: Some. Others are daughters.

I dialed her number and put it to my ear.

"Izabella. What exactly is happening?" I asked when she answered.

"Almost forty females came to the store today to work and make things but they were all scared with bruises," she said. She sounded scared as well.

"There is a new wolf in the pack, Dean. He worked with the Supernatural Council. Have him call me ASAP, do you understand?" I asked.

"Yes, Luna," she said. I hung up.

"What's wrong?" Logan asked.

"It sounds like a few males in our pack have decided that smacking their families around is appropriate," I said. He looked shocked.

"Why would they do that?" he asked.

"I have no idea... I can't imagine hitting family on purpose," I said. Logan was silent and I looked at him.

"I can," he said.

"Hunter hit you and your mom?" I asked.

"Sometimes and I already raised my had to you," he said. I looked down and remembered.

I was talking about things I ordered for the girls. I knew Logan was angry and stressed but I wanted to tell him.

"No colors, I assume," he said. I shook my head.

"Pink," I stated.

"Why would you do that? We don't even know the sex of the babies," he complained.

"I know they are girls," I said. He turned around and smacked me with claws out. I touched my cheek and he looked shocked. I pulled my hand back and saw blood.

"By accident," I reasoned. He held my waist.

"That's not a reason," he said as I looked at the mirror. I had the faintest of scars on that cheek. I was surprised no one noticed it and if they did they probably thought it was from a recent fight.

"It's okay Logan," I said. "Everything is okay."