Chapter 16

Mama and Luna Mariam had me in the kitchen at the pack house. Logan was laughing as they were having me help with dinner for the pack as he bounced the girls on his hips.

"You aren't bad in the kitchen, Luna," Mrs. Willow said. I blushed.

"Thank you," I whispered as I tried carrying a pot of boiling water to the counter. Logan was stifling laughs as he talked to the girls.

"Your mama might burn down the pack house today and then it will be funnier that than Uncle Tank falling down the stairs," Logan said. Tank yelled at Logan as I shot Logan a look. I put the water down and looked at Logan.

"Is dinner ready? We really have to keep working on the houses," Allen said as Corey and him walked into the kitchen.

"Wait... Luna Angela is cooking?" Corey asked. I looked at him and nodded. They both left the kitchen shaking their heads and I threw the apron I was wearing on the counter.

"I am done," I said. I didn't know why I was so frustrated but I found everyone so infuriating at the moment.

"Angie..." Logan started as I took the girls.

"I just want to go for a walk with the girls," I said. "I have had barely any time with my daughters." I started walking to the woods and bounced the girls on my hip.

"Well, well, well, I didn't think they would ever leave you alone," Alpha Thomas said. I gasped and held my girls.

Logan... I mind linked softly.

"What do you want?" I asked. He walked closer and I stepped back.

"You and your pups," he said. I held my pups closer and he blocked me into the tree.

"Why?" I asked.

"For the spell," he said. I whimpered.

"Angie!" Logan yelled. I looked back and saw him running towards us.

"That's it," Alpha Thomas said as he yanked my arm. Lily started screaming. Alpha Thomas threw me into the back of a van and locked the door. I held the girls close and watched as Tank and Logan tried catching up. Watched as they got further and further.

"Why are you so adamant on it being my pack that you sacrifice?" I cried as I curled around my pups.

"Because we can't shift thanks to your pack," Alpha Thomas said.

"We have done anything to you though," I said, rocking my girls.

"You are just like your father. Beta Fredrick McCain is an ass," he said.

"My father will attack you!" I shouted. He glared at me.

"Good thing you will be death by midnight," he said. I remembered a faint memory of spells they taught us.

"You have to do it during a natural full or new moon," I said. He moaned.

"Wow, the non-magical knows things doesn't she? But I guess you are right. Your pack will never find you though. We aren't stupid," he said. I rocked my girls.

Logan... Save me... I mink linked with tears in my eyes.

Logan's P.O.V

Logan... Save me... Angie mink linked me. I could tell she was ready to cry and it killed me. Alpha Thomas took my mate and two daughters.

"Logan, we need to attack now and attack fast," Tank said as more warriors came running towards us.

"He took my family Tank," I said. He looked at me and nodded.

"What do you want to do about?" he asked.

"Kill them all," I said, shaking with anger.

"May I cut in?" Corey asked as him and Allen walked over.

"What?" I snapped.

"That's what they will expect. The whole pack to attack and they will be prepared," Corey said.

"We need Angie to fight from the inside out to throw them out. Their wolves haven't been active in generations so they don't know how well mind link works," Allen said. I sighed.

"I don't want to risk my mate or pups," I said. They nodded.

"We will create a plan," Tank said walking away. I nodded and turned my back on my best friends. I looked where Angel was just taken.

We should have followed our Angel and pups, Charles said.

We couldn't shift quick enough, I said.

We have until the full moon to get mate back. Lacey gets restless without us though, he said.

I teased her and she was mad at me, I muttered.

"That wasn't her. The was hormones," Artemis said. I looked around and realized everyone left me.

"From just giving birth?" I asked, looking back at her.

"No," she said.

What is she talking about? Charles asked.

"What else would she have hormones for?" I asked.

"My daughter is very easily impregnable so don't act like we don't know what you and my daughter did today," she said. I rubbed my face.

You idiot! Angel is going to slap you! Charles scolded.

"I'm sorry," I moaned.

"Second pregnancy is always quicker to notice. I promise you this pup will be protected better than the girls. I swear," she said.

"We are attacking tonight and I am going to hold my wife and pups," I said. She sighed.

"Your pack already fought today... Do you really want to go through another battle today?" she asked. I teared up.

"But Angela..." I started.

"Is going to be okay for one night," she said. I sunk to the ground and started crying.

"Logan?" Mom yelled. I looked over and she ran to me.

"I didn't protect her. They could use magic against her," I cried. Mom hugged me.

"I know baby," she cooed.

"I never did my Alpha mission," I whispered, sitting up straighter.

"Logan... This is too dangerous," she said.

"They are my family and I am not losing my family now when I just got them," I decided.

"Be brave baby," she said as I helped her stand.

"I will but don't worry about me... Worry about the damage I will do to them when I get Angela back and Charles's rage is released on their pack," I said. She moved my hair and nodded.

"I will return to the pack house and announce that you are going for you Alpha mission," she said. I nodded and started walking down the road.

Athena's P.O.V

Ex-Alpha Hunter put me on his lap as we waited for Alpha Logan to come back with Ex-Luna Mariam. I was one of the two orphans of the pack so Ex-Alpha Hunter took me in like a daughter. I was grateful for that since he didn't have to take me and just assign a family to me. The only other orphan was Cade.

"Mariam? Where's Logan?" Hunter asked. I saw her walking towards the pack house.

"He decided to make saving his family his Alpha mission," Mariam said. Hunter nodded and I struggled in his arms to be put down.

"Athena, what's wrong?" Hunter asked. I jumped down and fell on my knees.

"A pup needs to go to with Alpha on his Alpha mission or it doesn't count. I need to run to catch up with Logan," I said. They smiled as I ran after Logan.