Chapter 19

I sat between the girls and did the paper work. I was quite curious to find out where money goes within the pack and a lot of the paper work was from Alpha Hunter and Luna Mariam. I was reading a tax file when a letter fell out of the papers. I picked it up and started reading it. It was clearly a copy of the letter and dated the day after my birthday.

Dear Alpha Thomas,
I believe I have created a plan that will work for you avoid the war you so desperately want. My son has just been mated to my Beta's daughter and I know that our twin spell will be broken by them. 

As happy as I am for the duo, I do not wish to go to war with your pack. You must take their pups and my son's mate. I feel as if she is unfit for Luna and we can arrange a marriage for the lad.

I will inform you as soon as the duo is pregnant over the phone.

With regards,
Alpha Hunter Fen of the Rose Creek Pack

My heart broke as I finished reading the letter. Tears were in my eyes and I looked at my beautiful sleeping pups. Their grandfather wanted all three of us gone so Logan still looked good to the other packs. Did he really see me as unfit? I knew what I had to do.

"Hello?" Tank asked as he answered the phone.

"How far are you willing to go for your Luna, best friend, and the girl that is the current vessel for your mate , Tank?" I asked. He hesitated.

"As far as you need me to go," he stated, "Why? What's wrong?"

"I need you to arrest Hunter Fen," I said.

"Why?" he asked, shocked.

"Treason. He is the one that told Alpha Thomas about the twins. He wanted me and the twins killed," I said. Tank growled.

"What will I tell Logan and the other Fens?" he asked.

"That their Luna has ordered you to arrest the ex- Alpha for treason while in the position of Alpha," I said. He was silent for a minute.

"Yes, Luna. I will call you when I am finished," he said, hanging up.

"Is there a problem Luna?" Dante asked.

"Nothing to concern yourself with. I will bring up to the council," I said. Dean and Dante nodded and focused on the road. I placed the letter in a folder by itself. My phone rang. Logan.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Why is Tank arresting my father? What treason did he commit?" Logan demanded.

"Spying and attempted murder in the first degree," I stated, "Along with question authority of a leader of the pack."

"What are you talking about? My father was the Alpha," he said, his voice losing strength.

"I found a letter he wrote addressed to Alpha Thomas," I said. I could hear Logan about to cry.

"What does it say?" he asked, softly. I picked it up and read it slowly and clearly to him. By the end, I could hear Logan crying.

"You know I didn't want to arrest him right? It had to be done. He betrayed our pack and trust," I said just above a whisper.

"I know... My own father wanted my family dead before he even met them," he said.

"Do me favor, Logan," I whispered.

"Yeah," he said, almost lifeless.

"Don't visit him. If you have to work on the girls' room until I return," I said. I could see him debating.

"Can we FaceTime later?" he asked, softly.

"Of course. I would love to see your handsome face," I said. He chuckled.