Chapter 51

Logan actually went to the house that we lived in alone. He told Tank that we had to 'discuss things about the war' among other things. I didn't move as he sat me on the couch and I looked out the window.

"Angel... we need to talk about why you ran out and that comment you made. I'm scared that you are getting too depressed to fast," he said, rubbing my knuckles.

"I embarrassed you," I said. He stared at me.

"What do you mean?" he asked. I teared up.

"I made you bow in submission in front of the whole pack just because I thought I could handle the war on my own. I'm just a stupid girl," I said. I felt a few tears roll down my face.

"No you aren't. You wanted something from me and you took it. Do I wish you did it in private? Yes, I do. Was I impressed and proud of you? Yes, I am. I was like that's my best friend. You go best friend," he said with a smile.

"It's not my place to speak out like that to you in any place, setting, or any time. I'm suppose to the beauty to your harshness. The heart to your voice. The face to distract to your violence," I said. He sighed.

"You read the books my mother gave you," he said, sadly. I nodded.

"She gave me homework the night before our Alpha and Luna ceremony and wedding," I said. He looked at the ceiling and sighed.

"I had hoped you wouldn't have read those stupid books," he said. I looked at my lap.

"I'm sorry," I said. He lifted my head and I adverted my eyes from his.

"Why are you sorry for reading a book that you thought you were suppose to read to be a good Luna?" he asked.

"Because you didn't want me reading the books," I sniffled. He hugged me.

"I don't care if you read those books a million times as long as you don't listen to every little thing in those books. You are my best friend, mate, we grew up as brother and sister, we have kids together, you can do whatever you want to do. I will always be proud of you and cheer you on," he said.

"I don't mean to embarrass you and make the pack think that you aren't worthy to be Alpha," I whispered.

"The pack will see that they have a powerful Luna that isn't scared to tell me that I am doing something wrong when she sees it in front of her," he said. I shook my head.

"That was just a show before you came back to us. I had to act strong for you and the pack and I let it get to me head to easily. You are the chief, the leader, the Alpha. I am the chief's wife, the leader's mate, the Luna," I said. He leaned forward and kissed my forehead.

"We can change that, Angela," he said. I shook my head.

"Generations have had girls as respectful mates to our counterparts. We have a job and you have a job," I said.

"Do you know one of the steps of rebellion and genocide is separating groups with 'them' and 'us'? I don't want to start a genocide," he said.

"Start? It's already starting Logan. We have twenty males in jail for hitting their female mate and children! That's not something we can change. You've hit me," I cried. He sat still, processing. "I'm sorry," I muttered.

"You're right. Which is why we need to change things now before they get any worse. I need my daughters and their daughters and our daughters' daughters' daughters' to feel safe in our pack. That they don't have to rely on their male mates just because we didn't do something," he said.

"Logan... it's woven into our culture. We will have a revolt on our hands. I don't want to put the pack through that. Pitting mates  against each other. Pitting families with different views. Most males will force their mates to fight against us," I said. He chewed his lip in thought.

"We need to find away that they change their ways so we become stronger as a pack," he said. I was silent.

"Maybe we can just leave it alone and lead by example," I said. He shook his head.

"We will work together. Everything will be an agreement between the two of us. Alliances. Treaties. War plans. Pack decisions. We have to both agree," he said. I shrunk into myself and played with my hands for a second.

"I told them to do an Anaconda approach to the attacks so they are trapped in their lands so they can't leave," I said. He smiled.

"That's a brilliant idea. Have you thought about the river that runs through the center of their lands?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Do you think we need to claim the river?" I asked. He nodded.

"What do you think?" he asked.

"Yeah. We need to block the river," I said. He kissed my forehead.

***

Around midnight, Logan and I were back in the pack house looking at the map I had been updating the duration of the war. We had drawn red lines for my plans and black lines for his.

"Mommie? Daddie?" Jackson asked. Cade was right behind him, both boys were rubbing their eyes.

"Hey Jackson," I said.

"What are you doing, Luna?" Cade asked, studying the map.

"Planning. Why are you boys up?" I asked, looking at Logan who was still studying the map.

"We can't get everyone to quiet down. They are too excited that we are all in the same room but we want to sleep," Jackson said.

"Remember the room that I put you in earlier, Jackson?" I asked. Jackson nodded. "You and Cade can sleep in there. Daddie and I will be up shortly to tuck you both in, okay?"

"Okay," they muttered together as they walked upstairs. I turned back to the map and leaned on Logan.

"That's the other thing you need to change," I said. He looked down at me.

"What?" he asked. 

"Helping the children in the family and the pack," I said. He nodded.

"Anything for my beautiful mate," he said. I smiled and he kissed my forehead.