Chapter 14

Dante led the way to a camp about five miles away. I held onto Cate and Logan's hand equally tight. Logan was just as nervous as I was and it was slightly reassuring to know that. Everyone's eyes were on us as we walked into the camp and it was like we were on display.

"Don't worry. Usually people like you don't come into camp," Dante reassured us. Logan nodded.

"Dante! Who are these people?" a man asked. Logan easily towered over him and it was comical to see.

"Sarah and Toby along with their two twin girls, Lilian and Caitlynn," Dante announced.

"Why are they here?" the man asked.

"Wolves had them," Dante said. Logan handed me Lily and he looked around.

"What are you talking about?" the man asked. Logan glared him down.

"Weston, I found them and brought them into the camp because-" Dante started.

"They are wolves," Weston said. Logan shifted and everyone lifted their weapons.

"Wait!" I screamed, placing the girls under Logan.

"Give us a good reason to wait wolf girl!" a girl declared approaching me. I growled and sniffed.

"You reek of sex... How many boys did you sleep with?" I asked.

"Claire step back," Weston said, "What's your real names?"

"I'm Angela and that is Logan. We are the Luna and Alpha of the Rose Creek Pack," I said. A murmur went through the crowd.

"Pack? What the hell are you talking about?" Weston asked. I took a deep breath to relieve nerves.

"Wolves mostly stay in a pack ran by an Alpha and his mate the Luna," I said.

"Everyone lower your guns... NOW!" Weston yelled. The guns went down slowly. A young boy walked forward.

"Cade!" a woman yelled, running to Weston's side.

"He is beautiful..." Cade whispered looking at Logan's wolf.

"The wolf's name is Charles," I announced. "All he wants to do is protect his people and his family, the same thing as all of you." Charles let Cade touch him and the woman watched.

"Can you shift back so she can shift?" Cade asked.

"Cade, women can't shift," Dante muttered as Logan shifted back.

"They can," Logan said as I got ready to shift ad he picked the girls up. I shifted quickly and everyone gasped. Cade touched my white fur and pressed my nose against his small face.

"How...?" Dante asked.

"You are all frightened by things you don't understand. Wolves are beautiful and powerful and other supernaturals are just as peaceful as us," Logan said.

"What's her name?" Cade asked.

"Lacey. Maybe if you spend some time talking to us, you will see we aren't out for blood," Logan said.

"I will gather the board and we will speak together," Weston said. I shifted back and Cade took my hand.

"May I show Angela the river while you do that?" Cade asked. He was adorable for a four year old.

"How about you stay here?" the woman suggested.

"Actually, ma'am, I wish to speak to you for a moment," I said as everyone started leaving. She walked closer and stood in front of me as I glanced at Logan who nodded. I was going to do a ritual wolves did when they wanted to make peace.