Chapter 22

I laid on the hotel bed with a pillow on my head and I cried under the pillow. I had barely moved and the pillow was getting uncomfortable. I heard the door open and close. I felt two strong arms around me I knew it was Logan based on the lemony scent.

"Angel... I'm sorry I took so long to get here," he whispered and I pulled my head out of the pillow to look at him.

"But you are here now and that's what matters," I whimpered. He kissed me and pulled me to his chest.

"I should have came to you sooner my love but the pack was angry. They all wanted to come to kill the two idiots and protect you," he said.

"He kept calling me Beautiful, Logan. He kept staring at me. He kept saying that I was a shank and that I was cheating on you," I said.

"They don't know how mates work. You are gorgeous and he doesn't mean anything to you or me," he said. I sniffled and he wiped my eyes.

"You didn't say beautiful," I teared.

"Do you want me to call you that?" he asked. I shook my head.

"No. Gorgeous sounds more..." I couldn't finish my thought.

"I understand. How is our littlest pup doing?" he asked, rubbing my belly. I smiled at the change of topic and the thought of being pregnant once more.

"The Lord of Wolves told me the gender of our little pup in here," I said. He cocked his head.

"Well tell me the gender. Do I have to make a boy or girl room," he said.

"I was thinking Logan Fen Jr. was an adorable name for the baby," I said. He smiled and lifted my shirt.

"How could he tell?" he asked.

"He is our Lord. How could he not know?" I said. He leaned down and kissed my belly.

"Lucky I know that I am the father and not the idiot named James," he said. I looked at the girls and I realized something.

"We haven't prayed in a long time, Logan," I whispered. "Not since I gave birth."

"Then come here. We should pray for a heathy and if you want a large family, a large beautiful family," he said.

"I wouldn't mind if you knocked me up after we each time we have a baby. You know I love children and I love family," I said. He smiled. He hated being an only child his whole life so he always said that he wanted to have a large family.

"Do you want to lead or should I?" he asked.

"You can. I get too nervous," I said, joining his hands with mine as we sat up.

"My Goddess of the Moon, please bless our family to be large and well everyday. Thank you for my beautiful mate and thank you for my beautiful daughter along with my sin on his way. Thank you for protecting my pack in all the recent battles that have happened and please take the souls of our dead to the best place possible. Amen."

"Amen." I hugged Logan. We both grew up very religious but from home only. Our parents thought church would poison our minds so we had home services. I guess when you are raised a certain way, it seems normal and other people's way of worship (like Tank, Allen, and Corey going to church).

"Do you feel better?" he asked. I shook my head.

"I didn't even fight him off Logan," I whispered. He squeezed me and he kissed my ear.

"It's not your fault and everyone knows that... Not that everyone knows what happened," he said, softly.

"I'm scared. I had a nightmare last night but I think I fought it off but-" I started as he pulled me back. He wiped my eyes and kissed them lightly.

"Let me fight the nightmares tonight," he said. I nodded and we laid down together.

***

I was standing in a meadow with the grass up to my waist. It was beautiful and I felt at peace. I felt hands on my waist so naturally I thought it was Logan.

"Hey Beautiful." It wasn't Logan. It was Beta James.

I sat up completely out of fright and Logan sat up with me. I was breathing hard and Logan tried calming me down but I couldn't hear him over the sound of blood rushing in my ears. I felt him pick me up and carry me somewhere. I realized it was the balcony when a wave of fresh air hit me and it felt really nice.

"Angel... it's okay. I'm here. No one will hurt you. I am going to protect you from everyone," he said. I started crying.

"You said that you would fight the nightmares tonight," I whispered. He hugged me close.

"I'm sorry Angel. It wasn't fair to you for me to lie to you of all people," he said. I sniffled and held his neck.

"Maybe nightmares aren't your specialty but you know what you can do for me?" I asked, quiet.

"What?" he seemed anxious.

"Beta James is being moved to our pack for punishment while the council deals with the rest of the pack. We need to punish Beta James to the fullest extend of our laws," I said.

"That is death Angela," he said.

"Then death it will be," I said.