Chapter 8

I was positive that I wouldn't be able to enter the cove. That I would be blasted back or something so my eyes were slammed shut. I kept walking until I was clear of the water. I was surprised but looked around.

"Hello Lacey." The voice not only echoed in the cave but in my mind as well.

"Who are you? Where are you?" I demanded.

"I'm woven into your soul and Angela's. I am in everything you seen and are," the voice said.

"Give me your name please," I said, softer.

"I am Artemis, the Moon Goddess," the voice said as the girl I saw appeared in front of me. I bowed and she chuckled.

"Please excuse my incompetence," I said. She smiled and lifted my chin.

"Luna Angela of Rose Creek Pack, there is no reason to apologize for anything. You are simply frightened," she said. I nodded.

"Yes, my goddess. My pups are targets and I need to protect them. You gave me quite a scare at the ceremony," I explained.

"You have questions about what I have chosen for your life," she said.

"If I am allowed to question your choices, I do," I said.

"You may. In fact I would encourage it," she said. I stood straighter.

"Why am I white?" Lacey blurted.

Lacey! That's not what we wanted to ask! I scolded.

I have to know why we are the only white wolf we have ever seen, Lacey said. Artemis laughed.

"That is a very special trait handed down from a very special bloodline. My bloodline," she said. I stared at her.

"Your bloodline?" I asked.

"Evelyn McCain was going to have a still birth and her pain was going to kill her. I happened to be pregnant at the time and switched the babies. I switched the real Angela McCain with you, my daughter," she said, moving my hair.

"So I'm not a McCain?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I had to do it to protect you, my daughter. You all believe I pick mates but I don't. My father, your grandfather, does. He understood what he did after the fact," she said.

"Putting me with four mates?" I asked.

"No, mating his granddaughter. The four mates has nothing to do with you. The real Angela McCain is mates with Allen Tei and she is part of you. So two mates are expected," she said.

"What about Tank and Corey?" I asked.

"Two more female pups died and I had to protect their mates; Corey Penatki and Tank Willow. You never got four mates. Your sister wolves made it seem like you had four mates," she said.

"Sister wolves?" I asked. She smiled.

"Wolves that die the same day one is born. You just all happen to be around the same age," she said. I sighed and looked at her.

"This is a lot to take in..." I muttered. She touched my hair and I looked up.

"I know but you have the right to know," she said.

"So I never rejected them?" I asked. She nodded.

"You felt like you did but your sister wolves didn't do it so no, they aren't rejected nor are the boys. Would you like them to heard it from me?" she asked.

"You would do that?" I asked. Lights flashed and instantly the boys with us. They started at Artemis and Logan took my hand.

"Who is that?" Logan asked.