Chapter 29

I stood at the window. The window was my favorite place in the apartment. James was working at a law office since he had a law degree. I spent a lot of time at home with the pups.

"Hey Beautiful," James said as he walked in and touched my waist.

"Hey James," I said. We stared outside in complete silence.

"Have you thought about about dinner?" James asked. He loved eating almost as much as I thought he loved me.

"I made pot roast. It will be ready in an hour or so," I said. I had only been here a day or two and I was getting the hold of things.

"So that what smells amazing," he said.

"Thank you," I said.

***

The next morning after James left, I started nursing the girls. There was a small knock on the door and I walked over to the door.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"I'm lost. Can you help me?" a voice I could only describe as a young girl asked. I opened the door and saw a small girl looking at me.

"Hello. What's your name? I'm Angela," I said. She shuffled on her feet.

"Athena Fen," she whispered. Something clicked in my mind. Like I met her before but I pushed the silly thought away.

"Athena... That's a beautiful name," I said.

"Thank you. It's Greek for wisdom," she said. I smiled.

"Is it now? Come in, Athena. Let me get you something to eat," I said, taking her hand.

"Thank you Miss Angela," she said. I smiled as she hopped into one of the bar stools.

"My fiancé just left so I hope you don't mind if the pancakes are a bit cold," I said as I put some pancakes on a plate.

"I don't mind under one condition," she said. I cocked my head at her.

"What condition is that Athena?" I asked.

"My big brother is down stairs. In front of the building. Can you go down and talk to him and tell him I don't want to see him?" she asked. I walked to the window and looked down. James had told me not to go down stairs because his pup I was carrying was prized to a lot of dangerous people.

"Which one is your brother?" I asked. She walked over.

"The one with the three guys around him. His name is Logan. He is some sort of leader," she said. "An alpha per say." I looked at her.

"You're a wolf," I whispered. She nodded and I took a deep breath.

"So will you?" she asked. I touched my belly and nodded.

"Just this one time," I said. She smiled and pushed me to the door.

Logan's P.O.V

I had Athena go up and talk to Angie. Don't ask me how we found her because I'm not proud of it. Athena was suppose to send Angie down so we could talk to her. And by we I mean Allen, Tank, Corey and myself.

"She should be coming down," Allen reasoned as we all grew impatient.

"I know but Athena knows how to pull heartstrings," I stated. Suddenly I smelled her. The rosey scent filled my nose.

"Alpha Logan?" Angie's shy and timid voice asked as she walked closer.

"Yes?" I asked. She looked around panicked.