Chapter 59

Sleeping without Logan in our bed was the oddest feeling. It was cold and foreign. But I resisted the urge to run to Logan. However that urge didn't last long since I gave in.

I woke up to Lacey whimpering. I sat up and looked around until I felt a wet fluid between my legs.

We lost them Angela! Lacey cried. I held back a sob. The pups were gone.

No. This can't be happening. No, no, no. Lacey tell me I cut my thigh on the bed, I begged. Lacey whimpered. I let my sob be released in the world.

"Angela? Are you okay?" Logan asked. I shook my head and he walked closer.

"I lost the triplets," I choked out. He was instantly around me.

"It's okay," he said. I just sobbed in his shoulder.

***

The next morning I walked next to Logan on our way to the Pack house. Jackson was playing in front of us and he was pushing the stroller with the girls and Freddie. He understood that last night that I need to cry but he wasn't forgiven so he was trying to do anything and everything.

"Morning Alpha Logan and Luna Angela," Luna Maddie said. I looked at my feet and walked to the kitchen.

"Baby girl, are you okay?" Mama asked as I walked in. Papa, Mama, Hannah, Jay and Mariam were there and I rubbed my face.

"No."

"What's wrong?" Papa asked.

"Did Logan do something? I will hurt him," Jay sneered. I shook my head.

"I don't want to talk about it," I whispered as I opened the fridge and grabbed an orange juice bottle. There was silence. Logan walked up behind me and rubbed my arms, gently.

"Can you hand me an apple juice?" he asked softly. I handed him one and walked to the garden. I sat on the bench and looked at the sky.

"Morning Angie. Are you okay?" Hannah asked, walking out and sitting next to me.

"I'm fine," I said, flatly. She sighed.

"Something is wrong because Logan said that he has to cancel treaty debates for a few days. He seems more worried about you then anything," she said. I looked at my orange juice.

"I-I lost them," I choked, ready to cry. She cocked her head at me.

"Who did you lose?" she asked. I felt tears roll down my face and she wiped my eyes.

"The pups. Last night," I said. She looked even more confused.

"But-" it was like a light went on her mind, "You lost the pups you were carrying." I nodded and started crying harder.

"Oh baby girl," Mama said as I was suddenly in her arms.

"I-I-I," I tried to get out.

"Don't worry about it," Mama said. So I just cried.

***

I sat on the couch in the Pack house. Everyone heard and were looking at me with pity. It was annoying. I ended up standing and walking outside. I took a deep breath.

"Oh, Angie, what's up?" Tank asked. I looked over and saw him with his sisters as they planted more roses.

"Nothing. Just wanted fresh air," I said. He patted the bench next to him and I sat on the bench.

"Come on, Cupcake. You know you can tell me anything," he said. His sisters giggled as I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I know," I said, "There is too much to talk about with little ears around." We looked at his little sisters.