Chapter 13

I woke up in a room with pink and yellow walls. The walls had flowers on them and the dressers were decorated like a child's room. The bed had purple and pink sheets. I slowly came to realize that this was suppose to be my room if I wasn't given to the McCain's. I got out of bed and started down stairs.

"Morning Angela," Artemis said. I smiled and rubbed my eyes.

"Morning," I said, walking to Lily and Cate laying on the couch. I picked them up and sat in the couch with my legs up.

"Hi Angie," Logan said, walking in. I jumped and smiled.

"You're here! I thought you had to stay and help the pack," I said.

"So you didn't tell her?" Logan asked Artemis.

"Tell me what?" I asked. Artemis shrugged.

"I put a little sleeping spell on you. We need you in tip top shape to take care of your pups," Artemis said. I looked at my girls and then looked at Artemis.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked.

"Five days," Artemis said. I yawned and Logan laid next to me. He took Lily and put his free arm around me.

"You look like you haven't slept in five days," I told Logan, looking at the bags under his eyes. He nuzzled into my neck and sighed.

"Sira and I have been working on combining our packs so we can fight with enhanced-" he yawned. I covered his eyes.

"Go to sleep. As Luna, I can handle it," I said. He shook his head.

"I rather sleep with my wife and girls then let my wife deal with it," he said. Artemis chuckled a little.

"I'll let you two cuddle for a little," Artemis said. "Sira!" I giggled and leaned on Logan's chest.

"Are you excited to actually know your real parents?" Logan asked. I shrugged.

"I guess but the McCain's will always be my parents as well," I said. He chuckled a bit.

"I'm mated to a goddess," he said almost to himself.

"I would say half- goddess because my father isn't a god," I said. He shrugged.

"In our family, I'm the only one that isn't special," he said.

"Yes you are," I started before he kissed my lips softly and moved my hair out of my face.

"I am saying that with the upmost pride and joy. My girls are the most important things in the world to me and I can't imagine living without you three. You are my life. I want you three to be special and not bounded by what I am. If they want to post phone finding their mates until they are fifty, I'm there for them," he said.

"Correction! Twins have the same mate!" Artemis yelled. Logan and I exchanged a look and smiled at our girls.

"They will be together forever," I teared up.

"Don't cry. It's beautiful. They will love the same boy or girl and be happy forever," he said.

"I know. This is pure joy. I love you and the girls," I said. He kissed my forehead.

"Two Lunas for Rose Creek is beautiful," Sira said, walking in with two plates of pancakes. Logan and I both sat up and smelled the pancakes.

"How did you know?" I asked as he placed the plates in front of us. Sira took the pups from us and we dug into the pancakes and the wonderful taste made the two of us moan.

"Lucky guess... Also noticed a baby picture of you two eating pancakes in your house," he said. Logan smiled at him.

"I think this alliance will work," Logan said. Sira laughed.

"Oh course Alpha Logan," Sira said.

"Do you three hear that?" Artemis asked. We all sat up and listened.

"Art? What do you hear?" Sira asked. I focused and shut my eyes.

"Hunters," I gasped.

Hunters were the only common enemy between all the supernaturals in the world. They wanted all of us to disappear from the world and they didn't understand that some of us were born like this. They only saw wolves, vampires, night walkers, and the other supernaturals. They even killed babies if they were supernaturals.

Logan and I held the girls closer and looked at Sira and Artemis. They looked panicked and we all took a deep breath. Logan stood.

"I'll stay and-" Logan started.

"Don't be a hero, Alpha Logan. Look at your family," Sira said. Logan looked at Lily in his arms and then me and Cate. "You four will run into the woods and hid. We will change their direction and let you two go free."

"We need to get a basket so we can shift," I said. Hunters weren't common on our lands so Logan and I didn't know how Hunters worked.

"No. You guys need to run and pretend that you were taken by wolves and you had your babies in captivity," Artemis said. I nodded and Logan grabbed my hand.

"Come on," he said. We started running and tried to keep our pace the same as a human's. We held the girls tightly and we thought we were home free.

"Freeze!" a man yelled. I screamed and hid in Logan's side.

"Please! Don't hurt us!" Logan yelled. I teared up.

"What are you doing here?" the man asked.

"We were caught by these monsters," Logan said.

How can I talk about our kind like this? Charles asked. Lacey whimpered.

"Wolves?" the man asked.

"Yes," I quivered. Logan put an arm around me.

"Come with us," the man said. Logan took my hand and tried to follow the man but my legs weren't working. Both men looked at me.

"Sarah? What's wrong?" Logan asked.

Don't use real names, okay? he mind linked us.

"I'm scared, Toby. How do we know this isn't a trap and they will take us back or worse kill us?" I asked.

"I assure nothing will happen to you or your daughters as long as I am alive," the man promised.

"We don't know you," Logan said, "So your promises have no weight."

"The name is Dante and trust me I don't harm humans," he said. I squeezed Logan's hand.

"And we can leave when we want right?" I asked.

"Sarah, right?" Dante asked. "If you want to leave, no one will protest." Logan looked at me.

"It's okay," Logan said. I nodded and we followed him.