Chapter 60

Angela's P.O.V

"James." I couldn't believe that he was standing in front of me and Logan. I hid behind Logan out of fright.

"Well, hello, beautiful," James said. I held Logan's jacket tightly.

"What do you want?" Logan asked. James walked closer and Logan backed us up.

"Let's play a game. And guess what? I'm in charge," James said as he lifted us with magic and into the house. I was tossed into the couch and I tried standing up but it was like there was silver bars around my whole body.

"Let us go," I cried as James locked all the windows and doors of the house.

"No! You broke our promise!" he yelled at me. I stared at him.

"Our promise?" I asked. He touched my head and a memory came back.

My mama said that I could play in the woods for the day since everyone was busy planning for my birthday. I was looking for someone but I couldn't remember who.

"Angela," a boy whispered. I walked to the voice and knelt down.

"James. You came," I whispered. James? I looked at the boy's face and studied it. This was Beta James.

"Of course I came. It's your birthday but it's the last day I can come," he said. I cocked my head at him.

"Why James? You promised to visit me everyday and-" he said. He touched my lips.

"You can't fall in love with anyone, okay?" he asked. I was six and I knew he was ten. But I felt like I could make that deal.

"I promise, James! No one will steal my heart but you," I swore. He kissed my forehead.

"Go have fun at your birthday," he said and I stood starting to walk back.

"Bye, James," I said. He smiled and disappeared.

I stared at James and shook my head. James's face fell and I tried to move away.

"I was six! I didn't know what the hell love was!" I yelled at him and he grabbed my jaw. I looked at Logan in the love seat trying to get free.

"You. Are. Mine," James said and then walked upstairs.

***

Two hours later, Logan and I both gave up on fighting the magic James had casted. I kept replaying the memory that James gave me.

"I am sorry," Logan said. I looked at him.

"It's okay, Loggie. We will figure it out," I said. He smiled and I forced a smile.

"So who is hungry?" James asked, walking in as he ate. We looked away.

Don't cave in, Logan urged me.

Just ignore whatever he says and I say. I want to get either you or me out as quick as possible. I love you, I said.

I want you out, Angel, he said.

He might not let me go but I might be able to release you, I said.

"Stop it!" James said, slapping Logan. I whimpered and felt the pain slowly spread across my face. The closer we were to our mates the more pain we felt if they were hurt. I whimpered and James looked at me. "What happened to you? Is Logan hurting you again?" James asked, reaching for my face. I moved away.

"No! You are!" I yelled and he looked offended.

"Is the constraints too tight?" he asked. I stared at him and stared at him.

"You are hurting my mate you idiot! I hate you!" I yelled. He kissed me and I kicked him. I got him in the - well you can guess if he double over holding his lower region.

"You don't mean that," he said. I looked at the window and heard James throw something against the wall. I looked. My Little Precious dolls.

"No!" I screamed. He slammed one against the table as he stared at me.

"A promise is a promise," he said. I started crying.

"Please... just don't break those," I cried. He grabbed a picture of Logan's and my wedding and smashed it against the table.

"You caused this, Angela," he said. Logan started fighting against the magic again as I sobbed.

"Stop you monster!" Logan yelled.

"I'm the monster? You are the one that hurt her!" James yelled.

"She has nightmares of you and lives in constant fear thanks to you! How about you and I settle this like men and not like you have all the power?" Logan asked. James chuckled.

"No. I'm not stupid," James said. "I know you called for help and your guard is surrounding the house and you just want me to go outside like a fool. Well, guess what? I'M NOT FALLING FOR IT!" I looked at Logan and he stared back .

"You are monster," I whispered. He looked at me and went to touch my face.

"Angela," he whispered. I shook my head and looked at my lap.

"I'll wait until you are ready to talk," James said as he walked upstairs. I looked at my lap and Logan watched him go.

"We will figure this out Angel," Logan whispered. I looked at him.

"He broke my dolls, Logan. One of the few things that I actually spent my whole life collecting," I said. Logan looked at his lap and I sniffled.

"I know, Angel. But as long as you aren't hurt, I am happy," Logan said. I teared up.

"But they can be replaced, right?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded.

"Of course baby. We will fix everything soon," he said. I smiled at him and twisted my wrists to try to push myself out of the magical restraints.

"This is all my fault," I said. Logan shook his head.

"This is no ones fault except that sick twisted-" he said but shook his head. "He isn't even worth the breath."

"Logan, you and I just need to stay alive for the kids," I said. He nodded.

"I love you," he said. I smiled.

"I love you too," I said, causing him to smile. James laughed.

"Once I'm through here, neither of you will love each other!" James yelled from upstairs. I was ready to defend my family.