Grocery shopping

(Your POV)

     I get into my car and start to head to Kroger. On the way there I turn on the radio. A song just ended and the broadcasters start to talk.

"So, an hour ago, we asked you to call us in and tell us what's in Jens purse for a chance to win Blake Shelton tickets and-" I quickly change the station to a rock one. As soon as I did a song came on. I sit back in my seat and continue to drive.

     I grab a shopping cart and start to walk down the first aisle. I grab a couple cans of vegetables and fruit for an upcoming dinner that I don't even have planned yet. I start to walk to the next aisle when I accidentally ran into someone with my cart. I look up and see two men about my age.

     "Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going." I say, rubbing my neck. The tall one slaps the short one on the arm.

     "Nice going Craig. Tell the pretty girl your sorry." The tall one says. The short one rolls his eyes.

     "Are you just going to keep saying that to every girl we walk into Tyler? I'm sorry, every girl you push me into?" The guy that I think is Craig says with an accent. The taller one, Tyler I think, fixes his glasses.

     "I'm sorry, my friend is retarded sometimes, you'll have to excuse him." Tyler says to me. I laugh a little and walk past them as they continue to argue with each other. A couple seconds later I hear them stop arguing and run to me.

     "Wait, we didn't catch your name." Tyler says. I roll my eyes.

     "Look, I just wanna grab my groceries and then head home and play video games. Besides I have a boyfriend." I say. Okay, so the boyfriend part was a lie, but the part where I wanna get home and play video games isn't.

     "So, you won't tell us your name because you have a boyfriend?" Tyler says. I smile a little.

     "Yup." I say. Craig crosses his arms.

     "Well, since Tyler here failed at scoring your number, I think we're gonna go. We still have shopping to do for our friend, cause tomorrow we leave for San Diego Comic Con!" Craig says looking between Tyler and I. Shit, I totally forgot about that. Glad I don't plan on going tomorrow. Luckily I'm going to on Saturday. Tyler looks at him confused.

     "I didn't know we had to tell her everything that we where doing." Tyler says. They start to argue again and I slowly start to walk away, luckily they don't follow me again.

     I get my shopping done without any other trouble and head to the checkout line. As I put the food on the belt someone runs into the story. I stop and look at the person and see that it's a very old man dressed like he's homeless.

     "PEOPLE THE END IS NEAR I TELL YOU! I CAN SEE IT NOW, DISASTER, HUNGER, THE END! BRACE YOURSELVES NOW WHILE YOU CAN!" The man yells. The whole store goes quiet it seems like.

     "YOUR ALL GOING TO DIE! YOU AND YOU AND ESPECIALLY YOU." He says pointing at random people. He starts looking around frantically. What the hell is this guy on? What kind of drug is it? Where can I get it?! Ha, no I don't wanna act this crazy.

     "GOD IS GOING TO COME DOWN AND DESTROY THIS WORLD! IT'S GOING TO BE A LIVING HELL! THE DEVIL HIMSELF TOLD ME." Two guys quickly ran to him and grabbed hold of the man and started to take him out of the store.

     "I'M TRYING TO SAVE YOU! YOU ALL HAVE BEEN WARNED!" The man yells. People around me start to clap as he's thrown out of the store. The cashier looks at me and starts to laugh a little.

     "I've been working here for about 3 years and I have never seen something like that happen. Weird isn't it?" She says. I smile at her as she starts to scan the food.

     "In all of my years of existence I haven't seen something like that." I say starting to laugh.

     I pay for the food and start to walk to my car. As I walk out I see the man in the back of a police car going crazy in the back. Yeah, he's definitely on something. I get to my car and start to put the groceries in the trunk.

     On the way back to my apartment I start to think about what happened. The guys Tim and Clark or what ever their names were, was just by accident. Knowing me I was bound to run into someone there. It just happened to be those two losers. But the whole end of the world thing, I don't even see that on the streets. You always see them in like disaster movies and such. Whatever, the guy was on acid or something and happened to be around Kroger at the time he was on it. It is what it is.