A kiss

(Your POV)

     At sunset I went into the only bedroom that doesn't have a dead body in it. I close the door and make sure to lock it. I don't know whats the point of locking it if Cole might try to lock pick it to try and talk to me. I crawl into the bed and bring the blanket up to me. I stare up at the ceiling and start to think.

      What if Cole is right? What if this IS a suicide mission? What if we do get caught? Will we just be put back to work or will they actually kill us? Will they kill Hope and the others if we get caught? Will this even be successful? A knock comes at my door and stopping my thinking. I get up and unlock the door. As I open it I was greeted by a shirtless Cole. I can already feel my cheeks heat up as I see how ripped he is.

"I don't plan to be sleeping in a room with a dead corpse. Mind if I bunk with you?" He asks. I quickly nod my head and let him in. He walks in and goes to the other side of the bed.
I close the door making sure NOT to lock it this time and walk back to my side of the bed.

"Where's Lui, Delirious, and Tyler gonna sleep then?" I ask crawling into bed. Cole begins to laugh.

"They insist that there gonna take out the body's, but they haven't done that yet so I'm not taking my chances." He says. I nod my head and turn on my side.

"Say (Y/N), what was your life like before all of this shit?" He asks. I sigh and turn on my other side so I'm facing him.

     "Ever heard of YouTube? I was a YouTuber with 3 million subscribers, played a lot of video game cause that's what I did on YouTube. Played video games and ate pizza. Nothing really special, what about you?" I ask. He shrugs his shoulders and puts his hands behind his head.

     "I already told you. Sophomore in college that played Baseball. I'm really just your average guy, nothing special about me." He says.

"I would've died if you Mason didn't come and rescue me. I think that's pretty special, saving my life." I say. He starts to smile and looks at me before leaning in and planting a kiss on my lips. I looked at him in complete shock as he had his eyes closed just kissing me. He stops and just looks me in the eyes.

     "I'm sorry, I just, I had-" he stops talking and starts to rub his neck.

     "Forget that ever happened. I don't even know why I did that." He says. I hear someone clear their throat at the door. I didn't even hear the door open at all! I look towards it and I see Evan standing there, hands in his pockets, kicking his foot at the ground.

     "Now might be a good time to get some rest. You know, get some sleep for a little while." He says. He looks at the ground before closing the door and walking away. All Cole does is roll over so his back is to me. I sigh and turn my back against him.

     I don't even know how I managed to fall asleep, because soon someone was lightly shaking me awake. I open my eyes and was greeted by darkness. I look over and see a shadow kneeling next to the bed. I'm guessing probably Evan.

     "Want to eat or shower before we go? Leaving in about 30 minutes." Evan says. I yawn and sit up.

     "I'll eat something. Is everyone already up?" I ask looking over at the other side of the bed, seeing Cole already gone.

     "Yeah, everyone's out in the living room eating, thought that you might wanted to sleep a little bit longer though." He says. I smile before getting out of bed.

     "Hopefully you guys didn't eat all of the lucky charms." I say starting to laugh. He starts to chuckle.

     "You might have to talk to Tyler about that. He was eating them when I was heading in here." He says. I gasp and run out of the room into the dark hallway.

     After all of us finish eating. We gathered up all of the flashlights and guns on the dining room table and headed to the truck. I got stuck in the back of the truck with Lui. We had to bring sweatshirts with us because it felt like negative 80 degrees outside and Lui and I aren't planning on catching hypothermia anytime soon.

"Do you know why this all started? Like the zombie outbreak? Cause at one moment we where all playing Wii bowling, drinking, and having a good time. Now we're rescuing our friends from a camp that's a prison." He says. I look at him and hug my body tighter.

"Who the hell knows, some things just happen for a reason. I don't know what this reason might be though." I say. I look behind us and see a zombie not to far away, on the ground eating something. It completely ignoring us as we drove by.

Evan comes to a stop after a little bit. Lui and I look at each other confused before standing up. The guys start to get out of the truck and start to load up the guns we got back at the house. Lui and I hop off the side of the truck.

"We're walking from here, it's about a mile from here, I didn't want to risk going any closer with the truck." Evan says before handing me a pistol and a flashlight.

"Don't turn on your flashlights I'll lead in the front and have mine on, Cole will be in the back with his on as well. Stick together and keep quiet." Evan says already walking towards the woods. I sigh and walk behind him.