Stargazing

(Your POV)

     "And that one is Orion's Belt. Pretty cool huh?" Jonathan asks me. I look over at him as he continues to look up at the stars. I smile and get closer to him. I lay my head on his chest and look back up at the starry sky. He hasn't asked me out, but it sure seems like we're dating alright.

     "When the world was normal I never actually had a chance to look at the sky like this. It was never this quiet or this dark before." I say looking up at him.

     He looks down at me. That split second it just felt like it was just Jonathan and I left in this world. No zombies, no other survivors, just us two. I like it like this, I wish it could always be like this. I watch as he sits up, I sit up with him. He leans in and kisses me on the lips. He brings a hand around the back of my neck and brings me closer to him. I start to smile and pull away, I stay only a couple centimeters away from him. My forehead resting on his.

     "I just wish it was just us two left in the world. No zombies, no other survivors, just us two." He says quietly, his breath hot. I smile and lean in, giving him a quick kiss before leaning back away.

"I was just thinking that." I say.

He starts to laugh quietly before stopping. We continue to stare at each other, the moon being our only light. The feeling went away when we heard loud banging coming from the front of the house, specifically the door. He gets up and grabs the pistol next to him. I stand up as well.

"If you hear a gunshot, I want you to run like fucking hell. Don't come back for me. Don't come back at all, I don't want to risk you getting hurt." He says.

What if I do hear a gunshot? This will practically the last time I'll ever be able to see him. He embraces me in a tight hug while kissing me. He stops suddenly and walks up the stairs of the back porch and into the house. I clutch my knife in my pocket, just in case I have to start running.

"Holy shit, how are the odds?" I hear a familiar voice say. I let go of the handle and wait.

I then hear Jonathan say Craig followed by a '(Y/N), come here'. I slowly walk into the house and see three flashlights shine onto me. The middle one turns off and I see Craig standing at the door with two other people. He walks in and gives me a hug.

"Have you seen Hope since she left?" Craig asks. He's...... he's still looking for her. He's not giving up on her.

"No, I'm sorry Craig." I say. He looks at the ground and curses under his breath.

"Wait, Craig, how do you know these people?" A girl asks. She turns off her flashlight and steps inside. The last person steps inside as well and turns off their flashlight. I see that it's a guy that looks to be around Jonathan's age.

     "(Y/N) is practically Hopes sister. Delirious is one of my best friends. We got separated when I was looking for Hope." Craig says looking at them.

     "I'm not Delirious any more. You've already seen my face and YouTube doesn't exist any more. I'd rather you just call me Jonathan, Craig." Jonathan says. Damn, I would've thought that he would've at least kept that part of him. Something to hold onto from the past. Craig looks over at him before walking over to him and giving him a hug. The girl walks up to me and sticks out her hand.

     "I'm Alex, that's Ethan, and I'm pretty sure you already know Craig." She says to me, as she shakes my hand. She stops and starts to look around.

"I know this is rude, but do you think we can crash here for the night?" She asks me. Jonathan was quick to answer back.

"You kept Craig alive, hell I don't see why not. If Craig can trust you, I can sure as hell trust you two." Jonathan says. I walk over to the couch and sit at the edge of it. Soon after that we all sat around the coffee table, talking about how we all met each other.

I bring the blankets up to my face and sigh. Jonathan gets in on the other side and lays down on the bed. I turn to him while he turns to me.

"Are you sure we can trust them? I mean yeah, they helped kept Craig alive and everything, but..... I just don't trust them? What if they leave when we're sleeping and steal our food and weapons? Then what will we do?" I ask him quietly.

"Then we'll move, go to a different house. We'll always move around that way if we run into this situation again we'll have a different house." He says. Always on the move? What if something happens that prevents us from moving for a while?

"What if they kill us in our sleep?" I ask. He chuckles quietly.

"I'm a light sleepy (Y/N), I'll hear them." He says. Knowing that they're in the room across the hall is frightening.

"Well, I'm going to go to bed. If I die I'm blaming you in hell." I say. He laughs causing me to smile. I turn on my other side having my back to him.

"Night Jonathan." I say. He says night back to me. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep.

When I woke up it felt like someone was hugging me. I turn my head and see Jonathan spooning me, completely passed out. Didn't know he was a cuddlier. The door opens and Craig walks in.

     "They just.... left..... they didn't take anything they just left." He says, waking Jonathan up.