Backfired

(Your POV)

During the course of the walk I can hear everyone's heartbeat cause of how quiet it was. Evan suddenly stopped causing me to run into him and Delirious to run into me.

"Why the hell did you stop for?" I say quietly to Evan. Evan quickly turns off his flashlight. I see Cole quickly turn off his flashlight as well.

"Stay fucking quiet." He says. I look ahead of him to try and see what he's talking about and gasp at the sight.

"Looks like it got over run." Evan says. I can already feel the tears come to my eyes. Someone from behind me pushes me out of their way.

"I SAID IF (Y/N) AND OR MASON DIES YOU WILL TO." Cole yells.

Coles flashlight was quickly turned on and shined onto Evan and Cole. Cole grabs a handful of Evans shirt and pushes him against the tree behind Evan. Cole puts the barrel of his pistol against Evans forehead. Evan looks at him in complete shock before turning complete calm. Why am I frozen here?! Why can't I fucking move?!

"Go ahead, it's not like I have anything to live for anymore." Evan says calmly. Cole presses the gun harder against Evans forehead.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING?! THEY COULD STILL BE ALIVE! IT WON'T HURT TO FUCKING CHECK!" Tyler yells. Cole glares back at me, probably to Tyler.

I shake my head and quickly walk to where Cole dropped his shotgun. I take the flashlight from whoever was holding it and start to run towards the glowing of the fire from the camp.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU GOING?!" I hear Cole yell behind me. A couple tears roll down my face but I ignore them.

I ran the whole way until I was near the trucks. I looked around as the fire is spreading from tent to tent. Gunshots coming from all over the place.

"HOPE!" I yell. I take a quick breath to try and catch my breath. The tears start to get worse, already streaming down my face.

"HOPE! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" I yell, my voice already cracking.

I feel someone grab my shoulder. I turn my head and see a zombie about ready take a bite out of me. I hit her in the gut, making her stumble back. I lift the shotgun in the time that she stumbled back and shoot her in the chest. She ignores the bullet that went through her chest and starts to limp back to me. I cock the shotgun and quickly aim at her, this time hitting her in the head. She falls down to her side and lays on the ground.

"GOD DAMMIT HOPE WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!" I yell. More gunshots start to go off. I throw down the shotgun and take the pistol that Evan gave me out of my pocket. I grip it tight along with the flashlight and start to run into the rows of tents.

     "HOPE! WHERE ARE YOU!" I yell. As I pass different rows of tents I either see zombies feasting on their prey or a soldier shooting at their predator(s). More tears start to fall down. What if everyone just left her? What if she left everyone. What if she's having a panic attack right now?

     "HOPE!" I yell, my voice cracking. I can already feel my throat drying up.

     As I look through the rows I suddenly stop when I see a zombie reaching for what seems like Mason. I run over to him and shoot the zombie in the temple. The zombie collapsed on Mason. He looks at me at shocked. He pushes the zombie off of him and quickly gets up.

     "WHERE THE HELL IS HOPE?!" I yell to him. He starts to look around.

     "She was with Craig last time I saw her!" He exclaims. I feel my heart collapse. Please let her still be with Craig. Please to fucking God. She can't have a panic attack, not here, not now. I hear Cole start to yell my name. Mason turns his head in the direction of Coles yell.

     "Go, take this, he's coming this way." I say quickly taking my knife out of my other pocket. I hand him the knife and he starts to run towards Cole. I take a deep breath and start to run again. At least my tears stopped falling.

     As I round a corner I run into a much bigger figure, a much stronger figure. It knocks me down and I scramble back pointing my gun at him. He holds his hands up in defense.

     "(Y/N)! IT'S BRIAN!" Brian yells at me. I lower my gun and quickly get up.

     "WHY THE FUCK IS YOUR FACE COVERED ALL IN BLOOD!" I yell. He shakes his head.

     "NO TIME! WHERE THE HELL IS EVAN?!" He yells. I start to hear a gun start to go crazy with its bullets.

     "I DON'T KNOW! I RAN OUT FROM THE WOODS TO TRY AND FIND HOPE, WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!" I yell. He grabs my hand and starts to pull me with him.

     "SHE'S WITH CRAIG! THEY RAN OFF AS SOON AS THE FIRE STARTED!" He yelled back to me. Shit! This isn't happening!

     "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU TAKING ME THEN?!" I yell. He stops at a tent and inside I see David laying on a cot holding his arm as blood gushes out of it. Brian turns to me, tears already in his eyes.

     "He got bit, we have to do something about it!" He says as a couple of tears start to fall down.

     I feel my heart drop again. I hand Brian my pistol and walk into the tent. David looks at me in agony. I give a weak smile and give him a tight hug.

     "I'm so glad I got to meet you David. If this never happened, I would of played Call of Duty with you." I say laughing a bit as a couple tears start to fall down. He wraps an arm around me before letting go. I look at Brian.

     "We can't do anything, we have to say goodbye to him." I say. Brian looks at me shocked.

     "NO! THERE'S SOMETHING THAT WE CAN DO! ANYTHING!" He yells as tears roll down his face. I shake my head and look at the ground.

     "We have to go Brian, NOW!" I yell the last part of him.