Rescued

(Evans POV)

     As I was limping towards the car, Tyler and I both leaning on Marcel for support. I look back, the horde still coming after us, slowly but surely. At least there isn't any runners. I start to fire off my gun, shooting at the closest zombies.

"I'M ABOUT OUT OF BULLETS!" I yell to Marcel.

We actually make it to the car, I get in the passenger seat as Tyler gets into the back. Holding his shoulder tighter then ever. Marcel gets into the driver side and turns the key. The car starts to have trouble starting. Marcel keeps turning the key, hoping that it'll start up after the last turn. After the 5th failed attempt, Marcel starts to beat on the steering wheel, yelling curse words, one after the other.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO?!" He yells. I look at him, for once I actually don't have a plan for this.

Gunshots start to go off and the zombies that are starting to surround the car drop to the ground, dead. We cover our heads and duck down so whoever is shooting at us doesn't aim towards the car. The sound gets closer and closer, soon they stop and I hear both the drivers side door and my door open. I was soon pulled out of the car after that.

     The person who got me out of the car got Tyler out as well, quicker then they got me. The people where soon pushing us towards a building. As we got in they put a crowbar over the double set of doors. I continue to walk backwards but end up tripping over my bad ankle. I fall back and landed on my ass, I then got a good look at the people. Both of them where grey hoodies and black pants. They also wear gas mask over their faces.

     "What the hell?! Where the hell did you people come from?!" I say. One of them points to Tyler's bandaged shoulders. Tyler throws his hands in defense.

     "I got bit! But I'm-" he couldn't finish his sentence as the one who was pointing at Tyler walked up to him and pointed a gun to his head.

     "HE'S CURED! I SWEAR ON MY LIFE!" I yell throwing my hands up in defense. The person looks at me, keeping the gun still pointed at Tyler's head.

     "Why do you think where in the city?! We heard that there was a cure but we couldn't go to the CDC! THERE'S A MEDICAL CENTER HERE!"  I exclaim. Marcel and Tyler both nod their heads.

     "We got the cure just in time! He was gonna die and.... the worker who discovered it gave up his life for it! It was the only bottle that he had and he gave it to Tyler! He discovered it before we got there!" I say. That's when the zombies came into the building and we had to quickly get out of there. Poor guy, it's like he WANTED to die. I don't blame him though.

     The person slowly puts the gun down and looks at their friend. They then looks at us and takes off the mask. I was shocked to see a girl that almost looked like (Y/N) but it wasn't. Her friend takes off their mask and I see a guy who looks somewhat like Craig. I can't believe the girl was about ready to kill Tyler.

"Thank you! For saving us and spareing my life." Tyler says taking a deep breath. The girl roles her eyes and puts the gun away.

"Now that you're here. You gotta talk to them." The girl says. I look at the guy, all he does is cross his arms, not wanting to talk to us at all. I look back and forth between the two.

"Them? As in others?" Marcel asks. The girl starts to nod her head and starts to walk to the back of the store, the guy catches up to her and we follow behind them.

They start to walk up the stairs with quick feet. I decided to go last up the stairs because of my foot hurting. I swear I think I ended up spraining it, that or maybe it is broken which I really hope it isn't.

     I finally make it up to the tenth floor and sigh of relief, thank god I'm at the top. The door to the roof is open and I limp my way to it. As I walk outside, a loud shot goes off from a gun. I look and see Marcel and Tyler standing by the guy and the girl, watching a dude as he stands near the edge shooting a sniper rifle. My heart sinks as I realize who it is. I wish I'd never would run into him again.

     Cole looks at Tyler and Marcel before looking at me. His hairs longer than before. It looks like he got stronger, but that might be just my eyes playing tricks on me. He smiles at me and starts to walk over. Shit, now what?

     "I saw you down below while the zombies where chasing you. I sent Emily and Josh to come get you guys." He says. That stupid smile still on his face. I start to look around, wondering where Mason might be. Mason's alright, it's Cole who bugs the shit out of me.

     "Oh, Mason. He's right over there." He says pointing to the next building over. I look to where he was pointing and see Mason with a sniper rifle as well. He smiles and waves at us. He doesn't look as dorky when I first met him. He actually looks like he can defend himself now.

     "I answered where Mason was. Now where's (Y/N) at? Is she back at your camp?" He asks, losing the smile. I start to look towards the ground, as I kick my good foot at the cement.

     "(Y/N), Hope, Delirious, and Craig all got separated from us. It's been a month and we haven't found them. There probably dea-" He looks away from me. Not wanting to hear the rest.

     "You leave when the horde clears up. We have a car that you can take back to your camp." Cole says starting to walk back to the ledge, he stops as he gets passed the guys.

     "But you guys have to stay up here until I let you guys go." Cole says as he picks up the sniper.