Traffic

(Your POV)

As soon as I got on the highway to head to San Diego it started to downpour. A couple minutes later there was already a traffic jam. On a fucking Saturday, why is there so many people out?! I get out my phone and decide to call Hope. After a couple rings she answers.

"Hello?" She says tiredly. I think she just woke up.

"Uh hey, I'm gonna be late. There's this huge traffic jam and I don't think I'm going anywhere." I say. I hear her gasp.

"SHIT! THE POWERS OUT! THANKS FOR CALLING ME (Y/N)! I'LL SEE YOU IN A LITTLE BIT!" She says before hanging up.

Well, that was a nice talk. I sigh and turn on the radio. As soon as I did the emergency siren started to go off. I sigh again and turn up the volume a little bit. After all the beeping the lady starts to talk.

     "The following counties have been issued with a Thunder storm warning j-." I start to tune out, I know I'm in one of the counties so why does it even matter.

     "-Until 12:00 P.M today." The lady says the beeping goes off again and then it goes back to the radio. I look at the clock an see that it's already 7. Must be a pretty big storm then if it's lasting till noon. The news comes on and they start to talk about the accident on interstate 405. Well, it's gonna be a while.

     The car behind me honks the horn telling me to go. I look at the road and see that we didn't move an inch. I look through the rear view mirror at the guy and flip him off. The guy honks the horn again and gets closer to my car. What the hell is this guy doing?! I look completely back through the back window and throw my hands up at the guy.

     "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" I yell.

     I know he can't hear me but sometimes, I act like they can. I turn back around and look back at the road and see we moved an inch. I move the inch to make the guy happy. Suddenly I feel a bump from the back of the car. That's it I had it with this jack ass. I put on my black hoodie and put the hood up. I park the car and get out. I put my hands in my hoodie pocket and walk to the guys car. The rain already getting on my face and making me already drenched. I stop at the guys car and he rolls down his window.

     "You about rear ended me jack ass. I can't go anywhere!" I yell at him. I look in the back seat and see a woman laying down with her hands on her stomach. She starts to scream in pain. I get instant regret.

     "I'M NOT TRYING TO BE MEAN HERE! BUT SHE'S IN LABOR AND THIS BABY IS ABOUT TO COME OUT. THE NEAREST HOSPITAL IS THE NEXT EXIT!" He yells. I look between the two.

     "I don't think we're moving for a long time. So I'm gonna run up to the accident and get a paramedic to help you." I say. He nods his head and rolls his window back up.

     I start to take off running with my hands still in my pockets. My hood flys off of me and a couple seconds later it already feels like I took a shower.

     I make it to the accident and before I can take a step farther police stop me, telling me that I can't go any farther.

     "LOOK YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND! A LADY IN THE CAR BEHIND ME IS GOING INTO LABOR! SHE NEEDS TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL!" I yell. One of the officers starts talking on his walkie. He looks at me and crosses his arms.

     A paramedic runs up to us with a stretcher. He looks at me, telling me to lead the way. I start to run back to the car. I stop when I hear a blood curdling scream. I turn back around and see the paramedic even stopped as well to see where the scream came from. I finally see that a man broke through a women's window and was now pulling her out of her car. While biting her at the same time. Cars start to honk their horns.

"I'm sorry. I have to help this lady!" He yells. He pushes the stretcher towards her. I need to get back to the car but my legs stay planted where I'm at.

The paramedic reaches the man and the women. The man looks at the paramedic and takes him down like the lady. This isn't happening right now! I'm dreaming! I start to run over to them to try to help but the man catches a glimpse of me and now has his full attention towards me. I stop half way and look at him, as blood coves almost his whole face and most of his clothes as well. He stands up and starts to walk towards me. I am not going to be this guys next happy meal. Whatever this dude is on.... I don't even know what it is!

I start to run back to my car. As I run more and more cars start to honk their horns. I make it to my car well before he did. I get in and lock the door I move to the passenger seat and try to get as far away as I can from the drivers window. I take a couple deep breaths, I'm definitely out of shape. The man comes and looks at me for a few seconds before starting to beat on the glass. Luckily the glass doesn't break, not yet anyway.

Tears start to fill my eyes till I remembered. I get in the glove compartment and pull out my 6 inch knife. I've been attacked once at night in LA from a gang. Ever since then I always had a knife in my car to protect me. Tears start to roll down my cheek. Why is this happening?! Suddenly my phone started to ring. I look and see Hope calling.