The bridge

Mature themes up ahead! You have been warned.

(Your POV)

     "So Hope? Was this birthday successful?" I ask her. She starts to smile and nods her head.

"Yeah! I mean, I would've wanted to go to a night club but you know, it's only the zombie apocalypse." She says. We all start to laugh.

"Oh come on, you loved it." Craig says starting to give her a noogie. She starts to laugh and playfully pushes him away. She then stops laughing and sighs.

"I'm gonna go for a quick walk before we all go to bed." Hope says standing up. I stand up as well.

"Want me to come with you? Just to make sure everything goes okay?" I ask. She shakes her head no and grabs one of the guns on the table.

"I'll be like 10 minutes at the most. Just gonna walk around and get some air." She says as she walks out the door. I look at Craig as he smile a little and gets up, starting to walk towards his bedroom that him and Hope share together.

     "Is it just me or do those two-" Delirious was already nodding his head, knowing what I was gonna say next.

     "There acting more distant by the day it seems like." He says. I hope they'll still stay together, for Hopes sake at least.

     "I hope that they don't break up. I don't know what Hope will do if they did." I say. Delirious puts a hand on my shoulder.

     "They won't break up, he loves her to bits, as does she. They both love each other very much." He says. He's right, they both love each other very much. Maybe they just need a bit of space for a couple of days to keep their relationship healthy.

     "How do you think Evans doing right now?" He asks out of the blue, actually catching me off guard. I look at him confused.

     "How do we even know that he's even alive?" I ask. Okay, that was a little rude on my part. I sigh and look at the ground. "He's probably doing just as good as us. I just miss having him around." I say, still staring at the ground. Delirious nods his head and looks at the ground as well. Both of us quiet, along with the whole house.

     I glance outside after what seemed to be about 20 long minutes of just staring at the ground and not talking. I get up from the couch and get a better look outside. Not seeing her anywhere.

     "Delirious she's gone." I say in a panicked tone he looks up and looks outside.

     "Fuck, get in the car and I'll get Craig." He says. I stare at him as he gets up and starts to walk towards the hallway.

     "No, I'll go find her, you two stay here." I say grabbing one of the guns and running out of the house. I hear Delirious yell my name as I slam the door behind him and get into the car. I turn on the ignition and pull out of the driveway.

     What if she's in the woods? What if I'm just wasting my time and she's just in one of the houses? I look out in the distance seeing the sun going below the horizon. It's gonna get dark here soon, I should've brought a flashlight. As I drive I see two zombies on their hands and knees eating away at something, looks like a deer to me. They ignore me as I pass them. Hopefully they didn't notice Hope, if she even did go this way.

     I slam on the brakes as I get to the bridge a mile away from the zombies and a couple of miles away from the house. I see Hope standing on the other side of the railing just looking down at the high drop below her. I turn off the car and quickly get out of the car.

     "HOPE?! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" I say running up to her. She looks at me, red faced along with her eyes. Tears continuing to fall down her face.

     "DON'T COME ANY CLOSER (Y/N)! I SWEAR..... I'LL...... I'LL JUMP!" She says through her tears. I stop walking and stare at her.

     "Hope, listen to me. You have SO much to live for. SO MUCH! Don't ruin your life because of something bad that happened." I say. She starts to shake her head no.

     "Shut up.... SHUT UP! IT'S ALL OVER (Y/N)! I'M JUST A FUCK UP! I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT! (Bonus points to anyone who knows this reference. Sorry..... bad time!)" She yells. I shake my head no and take a step closer, hoping she doesn't notice.

     "Hope you're not a fuck up! What will Craig think?! Hope, he'll be so fucking heart broken." I say. She wipes at her eyes and shakes her head.

     "We broke up. He said that he wanted to be my friend but not my boyfriend." She says. She's the heartbroken one. I shake my head.

     "Hope, don't do this. Trust me, I know you'll find someone else." I say. She starts to laugh, almost like a Delirious laugh, scaring me a little.

     "(Y/N), a fucking zombie doesn't count. Just forget it, it's over." She says as she stops laughing. She turns back around. Her back to me and her head looking down.

     "I'm going to hell for this, but I mean, we're all going to hell, right?" She says smiling, looking back at me.

     She takes a step forward and lets go of the railing. I gasp and run as fast as I can to the railing, reaching my hand through the wire, attempting to grab her. It was all to late. I watched as she falls to the Earth and tears start to quickly fall down. I start screaming her name as loud as my voice would allow.

     I sit up in bed, sweat falling down from my forehead. I look around the dark room, still trying to collect my breath. I hear Delirious move in the bed next to me.

     "Bad dream?" He asks tiredly. I sigh, thank god it was just a fucking dream. "Yeah, more like a nightmare to be honest." I answer back to him. I hear something hit the wall behind my bed before quiet laughter coming from Craig and Hope is heard.

     "The lovebirds have been talking since they went to bed. Anyways, get some rest, you really need it here lately." He says rolling back over.