Cliche things

(Your POV)

Hope quickly sits up and starts to gasp for air, like she hasn't been breathing for awhile. I get up and go to her side while she looks around the room.

     "Hey it's okay. I'm here, just calm down." I say to her. She looks at me and grabs my shoulders.

"DON'T LET CRAIG GO! I ALREADY LOST HIM ONCE!" She yells at me. I look at her confused.

     "What do you mean? Craig's still in your guy's bedroom? He's been asleep since you started your watch." I say to her. She continues to look at me confused and shakes her head.

     "But.... he left..... he left after our fight." She says. I start to smile and shake my head.

"Hope, I assure you that Craig did not leave. And the only fight that you two had today was over who loved each other more." I say. She nods her head and starts to rub at her eyes.

"I have to stop sleeping while I'm on watch. I start having shit dreams like that almost every time." She says. I look back out the window as rain starts to come down. Hope looks out the window as well and sighs.

"Do you think I can take a rain check? Ha get it cause...... it's raining out.... right now?" She says. I look back at her as she looks at the ground.

     "I believe that was the worst pun you have ever made." I say. She looks back up and starts to laugh. "But yeah, go ahead and go back to your room. I don't know why we need two people on watch." I say. She gets up and sets her bow on the table.

     "Hey before you go to bed. Back at the store when we all grouped up again. Why didn't you hit me with the arrow?" I ask. She looks back at me and shrugs her shoulders.

     "I don't do it unless I know that I have to. I usually do that to get whoever's attention." She says. I nod my head and she walks towards the hall. I look back out the window to see if anythings coming, but then turn my head back towards the hallway when I hear someone walking down the stairs.

     "Where's Hope at?" I hear Evan asks quietly.

"She went to bed that's all." I say. He walks into the living room and sits down next to me. For a couple of minutes we sat there, neither one of us saying anything to the other.

     "So.... what happened while we where all separated from one another?" He asks. I thought that we all discussed what had happened when we where all at the store?

     "I thought I already told you last week at the store?" I ask. He shakes his head at me.

     "You didn't really go into depth about what happened." He says. I might as well so he'll be happy and won't ask any more questions.

     "Um.... Coles dad kidnapped Jonathan and I. Jonathan ended up escaping somehow when I thought he was dead and Coles dad wanted me to join his gang but of course I denied. He got one of his people to drag me to this pit filled with zombies but Jonathan shot the dude and then we found each other." I say. "I just summed everything up. I mean that was about it." I say. I really don't want to mention all the times that Jonathan and I kissed, I don't think he would want to know it anyway.

Something hits against the house causing the both of us to jump. We both look out the window and see a zombie starting to walk towards the door, going along the window. Evan turns to me and shakes his head, he starts to laugh.

"You're slacking on your job (Y/N)." He says.

I grab the knife on the table and get up. Evan gets up as well and walks with me to the door. I open it up and see the zombie turn and look at me before starting to stagger towards me. I walk out the door and to the zombie before stabbing it in the head. Evan comes up behind me holding a knife of his own.

"I see another up ahead." He says to me as he points towards the woods up ahead of us. I look at him and nod my head before starting to walk towards the woods. As suspected he walks with me.

As we get closer, the zombie notices us and starts to limp towards us. Evan goes ahead of me and stabs the zombie. After he takes the knife out, the zombie slumps towards the ground. Evan looks at me. I smile and cross my arms at him as he walks back to where I stopped.

"I'm on duty tonight. I had that kill." I say. He starts to chuckle and stops in front of me. He stares at me before leaning in and placing a kiss on my lips. I was shocked, not knowing what to do. He stops and keeps his face near mine before he starts to laugh quietly.

"What's so funny?" I ask him. He stops and looks at me.

"I've had the biggest crush on you since the day that we met each other and I just now have the courage to tell you about it. (Y/N), I have a crush on you. No.... (Y/N) since the day that we've met and I know it's going to sound cliche but I fell in love with you. Call it love at first sight, but I know that I'm in love with you (Y/N)." He says. I feel my heart drop. All I do is stare at him now. Trying to figure out what to say to him. What if I'm just dreaming? None of this happening and I'm back in bed. This has to be a dream.

Sorry it's a bad chapter! I'm tired but I wanted to get a chapter out and this was the results! Again sorry about it ._.