New home

I threw up before school so I'm at home! So expect a couple of chapters today! (I'm writing this while playing Mortal Kombat :D)

(Your POV)

     The truck ran out of fuel 40 minutes away from camp. So if I wanted to go back, it'll be a fucking long hike. I did manage to find a small cal de sac of houses a mile from the truck however. I picked the house farthest from the road and prayed that no one, or thing, was inside.

     I knocked as loud as I could a good couple of times and waited to see if anything would move inside. After a couple of minutes I pulled on the door handle, luckily it was unlocked. I peaked my head in to see if anything would try and pop out at me. The living room and kitchen where both empty. I step inside and close the door behind me, making sure to lock it, unlike the dumbasses who lived here before this all started.

     I go to the kitchen and grab the biggest kitchen knife that I see. I keep it pointed out in front of me and start to slowly walk down the hall. I stop at the first closed door and start to rapidly beat on the door. The sounds of the knocks echo throughout the empty room. I quickly open the door and find a bathroom. Now for the real question. I turn on the sink faucet and water instantly gushes out of it. I quickly turn my head to the shower and smile.

     I walk out of the bathroom and walk to the next door. I start to beat on the door like I did with the bathroom door. I start to hear growling coming from inside. Shit, thought I was home alone. I get my knife ready and quickly open the door. As soon as the door was open enough I started to stab the air, expecting something to be right there. I was greeted by another sight instead. A zombie was hanging from a noose that was connected to the ceiling. I gag at the sight of it. I can't just leave him here, what if I'm asleep and he breaks free from it. I take a deep breath and walk over to the zombie as it desperately tries to try and grab me.

"What was your reason?" I ask the zombie, almost expecting an answer. It continues to growl and trying to reach for me.

I sigh and stab my knife through its eye socket. The zombie goes limb, indicating that it's dead. I pull the knife out and wipe its blood on its clothes. I look it up and down before walking out of the room and closing the door behind me. Only two rooms left now.

After I check the last two rooms, both of them being empty, I walk back to the kitchen and start to look through the cupboards. I start to smile when I see a box of Lucky Charms. I quickly get it out and look for a bowl to put it in. After I get a bowl, I go outside to the back deck and sit on one of the patio chairs. God, no one to talk to, nothing to do. I miss the internet, where I could troll people all day on it. I miss my video games, now no one will be able to beat my high scores, eh that one isn't really a big deal. I do however miss my family, I don't even know how they're all doing. What did they do when it hit, did this thing even hit over there? Is it even safe there? Are they alright?

     I pick out the marshmallows and start to eat them. I look around at the backyard, nothing really sparking my interest except another sub division way on back. I sigh and continue to eat.

     After I finished eating I went back into the house and went into the bathroom. God I wish the radio was still working, I hate taking showers when everything is all quiet. I turn on the shower and wait for it to warm up. While it does I go into the dead guys room and start to look for new clothes through his closest and dresser.

     I managed to find a new black t-shirt and some grey sweatpants. I look at the guy one last time and leave the room with my new change of clothes. I walk back to the bathroom and start to get undressed. I step into the shower and sigh as the water hits my face. I open my mouth up and let some of the water enter my dry mouth. Fuck, I knew I should've taken showers for granted when things where normal. Never know when a zombie apocalypse might happen.

     After I shower I dry off and change into the new clothes. I walk out of the bathroom and go to the last bedroom at the end of the hall. I look at the bookshelf in the room and pick out a random book. I lay down on the bed and open the book up. After I read the first couple of sentences I close the book back up and stare up at the ceiling.

     I shouldn't have left them, I should've went back to camp and told them what happened, I would've been miserable there but at least I would have the guys to talk to, now I have no one. I hear the front door slowly open and footsteps start to come inside, shit, looks like someone found me.