Camp

(Your POV)

     During the ride it was dead silent. No one talked or did anything. At one point an officer in the back seat looked back at us and told us that the camp is much better then it is here in the city. All we did was nod our heads and looked around to were we where going. I don't know how long the ride actually was, all I can say was that it took at least an hour to get literally in the middle of nowhere. But when we finally made it there where tents set up everywhere and people walking around the place. We stopped near the other trucks and waited for further instructions. The officers get out of the truck and looked at us. I guess telling us to get out. We all stand up till one officer started to shake his head at us.

     "We just want the sick girl as of right now." He said. I look at Hope as she clings to Craig. He looks at her and grabs her hand.

     "I'm not leaving without her. You take neither of us or you take both of us." Craig says to the officer. The officer starts to laugh and points the gun at his head. Evan stands up and puts his hands out, trying to calm the officer down.

     "Woah, don't shoot, alright. He's just worried about his girlfriend." Evan says. The officer ignores him

     "Let go of the girl or you both die." He says. Hope looks at Craig and gives him a hug. She then stands up, Craig still not letting go. The officer takes the gun off of Craig.

     "Craig, it's fine, I'll be fine." She says giving a small smile at him. God I don't know how much I missed that smile out of her. He continues to hold her hand for a little longer before letting go. She hops out of the truck and walks to the officer.

     "Alright, the rest of you follow private Saunders. You follow me." He says to Hope.

     They start to walk away from the truck. We stand up and hop out of the truck. The rest of the guys get out of their truck and walk over to us. God I gotta learn their names and fast. Private Saunders looks at all of us and walks in a different direction then Hope went.

     "Where's Hope going?" Someone says. I look back, I think that was Brian who said that. We continue to walk.

     "She's going to the infirmary." Craig says looking at the ground. We stop at a tent where clothes are laying out.

     "Grab some clothes and change, then I'll take you guys to the mess hall." Private Saunders said. I look at the clothes trying to find something in my size. I grab a pair of sweatpants and a plain black t-shirt.

"Where do we change at?" I ask. Private Saunders looks me up and down.

"Honey, this isn't a 5 star hotel, change right here." He says. A couple of the guys look at me including Evan. I can feel my cheeks heat up. I put on the sweatpants and quickly take off Coles shirt and putting on the new shirt. After we all got changed we started to walk again.

"So you guys have this whole place not protected by a wall or anything like that, why's that?" Lui asks. Private Saunders just shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm sorry about that. If we would've know that this was gonna happen we would've made one." He says. Hopefully we can find at least one nice person around here.

"When can I see Hope again? She might have a panic attack and I'm not going to be there to help her." Craig says. The thought of Hope having a panic attack here, I'm afraid that she might get shot cause they might think that she's turning. I shake the thought from my mind.

"Oh the girl? You'll see here when she gets better." Saunders says. Craig looks back at the ground. Tyler puts a hand on his shoulder to try and comfort him. We stop at a large tent with some people already inside sitting at tables and eating.

"Go grab a plate. But be done in 15 minutes, cause then I'll show you guys where you'll be sleeping at." Saunders says. I put my hands in my pocket and walk in the tent. I feel someone wrap their arm around me. I look and see Mason.

"I never actually got a proper greeting when we found you again." He says. I smile a little and give him a quick side hug.

"I want to leave here and we haven't even been here for full 10 minutes." I say. Mason shrugs his shoulders.

"They did rescue us though. Who knows what would've happened if we stayed in the city. I mean they did say a heard was coming." He says. I grab a plate that's already pre made and sit at the first table. I wait a couple minutes for the guys to get their food and sit down.

"I say we break out. This place already seems like a prison." Evan says taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Who knows, these people might actually help us." Mason says. I shrug my shoulders.

"He does have a point. These people may be complete assholes but they might help us." I say.

I watch from the corner of my eye as Craig lays his head on the table and starts to cry. God, I hope Hope gets out of the infirmary soon. I hear someone start to laugh. I look towards the laughter and see two officers sitting across from each other looking at Craig and laughing.

"You just got here and you're already fucking crying looks like we can do without you here." One of the officer says.

"It's gonna suck ass for you tomorrow when you have to start working." The other says. Craig stops and buries his head in his hands.