The zombie pit

I think every Sunday, I'm going to update this book since it's Walking Dead day and that's when I feel most motivated to write this book! Lol yeah, that's what I'm going to do! Sorry for the inconvenience.... anyways... ON WITH THE STORY!!

(Your POV)

     Every other minute it seems like he keeps hitting me with the butt of his gun at my back. Literally every other minute.

     "Okay, I get it. You don't have to keep hitting me every other goddamn minute. I know that I'm going to die in a few minutes so why make the last few minutes miserable?" I ask the guard, looking back at him. He glares at me but doesn't say anything.

     What I did, Eddy just pushed my buttons too far. Practically forcing me to join his side then talking about Jonathan, that pushed it far enough. The bastard better be lucky that I didn't kill him. I'm glad that I at least got a few good punches in on him, even though it costed me my life. Eddy said how I blew my chance at surviving when I attacked him. But at this point, what's the point on even going on with life if everyone that I know and love is dead?

     I stop walking and look down at a pit that's about 7 feet deep. The pit containing at least 6 zombies in it. The zombies notice us and come to where I'm standing at and start to reach up at me. I look back at the guy.

"What are you waiting for, aren't you going to push me in?" I ask him. He points the gun at me face now, finger on the trigger. I start to chuckle and shake my head.

"See, you wouldn't shoot me cause Eddy SPECIFICALLY told you to put me in the pit, and right now I'm not IN the pit." I say crossing my arms. Might as well be a smart ass in my final moments. He keeps the gun pointed at me still. Is he going to push me in or am I gonna have to do it myself?

     "SHOOT ME YOU FUCKING RETARD! EITHER THAT OR PUSH ME SO I CAN DIE QUICKER!" I yell at him. He takes a step towards me and now holds the gun to my forehead, but still doesn't shoot or push me in.

     "Coward. You would've done something by now." I say to him, spitting while I talked, on purpose.

He puts a hand on my shoulder and I can feel him starting to push on me. But he stops when a gunshot goes off, and when that does go off, he slumps to the ground and hangs off the small cliff before falling into the pit. I start to frantically look around, looking for the source of where the gunshot came from, not seeing anyone coming out to show themselves.

"HEY! YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THAT! I WANTED TO DIE ANYWAY!" I yell out to the empty space around me.

I continue to look around still not seeing anyone come out from the tree line. They probably saw what was going on, handled the situation, and then left like a normal person.

"Why would you want to die? I thought we where going to go look for our best friends?" I hear someone say loudly behind me.

I turn to look where the voice came from. My heart drops as I see Jonathan limping his way towards me. He's.... he's actually not dead. He's..... hes walking towards me, he saved my life. I was going to die and he saved me. I start to run towards him.

When I finally reach him I jump on him and hold on for dear life. He catches me and holds onto me tightly. I start to cry into his shoulder.

"I THOUGHT THAT THEY KILLED YOU! THEY SHOWED ME THIS ROOM THAT HAD GUTS IN IT WITH NO BODY AND THEY TOLD ME THAT IT WAS YOURS!" I yell. I feel him squeeze me tighter.

"I can assure to you that I'm not dead." He says softly. I start to laugh as I cry harder.

He sets me down and stares in my red puffy eyes. I wipe at them and stare back at him.

"You're gonna have to tell me your secret. That was..... that was some hoodini magic. How you came back to life." I say starting to laugh a little. He continues to look at me and laughs as well.

"I can survive anything. I'm like a Twinkie, like how they can survive a nuclear bomb." He says, making me laugh even more.

I wipe at my eyes again, trying to make the tears go away but he grabs my hand and stops me before I can wipe at them anymore.

"What did they do to you?" He asks me. I shake my head.

"They just threw me in a room with a zombie in it and left me there for..... I honestly don't know how long." I say. He nods his head. I look down as he still holds onto my hand.

"Let's go, I have no fucking idea on where we are, but I just want to get away from these fucked up people as far as we can." He says, looking down at our intertwined hands.

He places a finger under my chin and lifts my head up so I'm looking into his blue eyes. He then leans in and places his lips onto mine. His eyes are closed so I don't see the blue anymore. I close my eyes as well and enjoy our first kiss together. He moves his hands to my back and brings me closer to him. I smile into the kiss and do the same.

At about the same time we both parted from each other and now stare at each other again, both of us smiling at the other.

"You don't know how long I've been wanting to do that." He says to me, his smile still on his face. I start to laugh a little and lean back in.