Phone calls

(Your POV)

     When I got back to my apartment I started to put the food away till my phone started ringing. I put the can of peas in the cupboard and look at my phone. I smile as I see that it's my mom, I quickly answer it.

     "Hi mom!" I say.

     "Hi sweetie. What are you doing?" She asks. I walk back to the food and continue to put it away.

     "I just came back from grocery shopping and I'm putting the food away now. What about you?" I ask. She sighs, is something bugging her? I stop and lean on the counter.

     "I'm sitting on the couch. I just came home from work. My boss has been really pushing me lately." She says. I feel bad for her. She's been through so much, dealing with my younger sister and I, sometimes even my dad.

     "I'm sorry to hear that mom. He's probably doing it because he's going to give you a raise, or maybe a promotion here soon." I say. I can fell her mood lighten.

     "Thank you (Y/N), I needed to hear that. Maybe you're right. Oh, your father wants to talk to you. I love you." She says. I say that I love her back and wait for my dad to talk.

     "Hey pumpkin. How are you doing?" He asks. I smile a little.

     "I'm fine dad. The real question is how are you?" I say. He starts to laugh a little.

     "I'm doing just fine. How is it in LA? How long has it been since you left? It seems like you just left yesterday." He says. God, it's been like almost 7 months now. Holy shit that's a while.

     "About 7 months now. I'm sorry that I never call, I've been busy making videos. I just hit 3 million subscribers not to long ago!" I say excitingly. He laughs a little. I'm glad my parents are cool that I don't actually have a real job like they do. They helped me with my YouTube career for a long while.

     "Well, I'm glad. You worked your butt off to earn them." He says. He's right, I actually feel like I really have.

     "Do you have a boyfriend yet? What's his name? What's he like?" He asks. I sigh a little. That's the only downside, they want me to find a boyfriend like as soon as possible.

     "No, not yet. No one has really stood out to me. Wait, I take that back. At the grocery store today these two guys, I don't remember their names but they were trying to get my number." I say laughing a little. I hear him crack his knuckles.

     "Do I have to come over there and show them who's boss?" He asks. I continue to laugh.

     "It's alright dad. Hey, I got to go. I love you. Tell mom and Molly that I love them." I say.

     "Alright, I will. Be safe and have fun. Next time that you call I want to hear that you have 4 million subscribers." He says. I laugh.

     "I will. Bye dad." I say.

     The call ends and I put my phone back on the counter. I continue to put the food away. Maybe here in about a month or so, I should fly back to (Place You're from). It'll be a surprise for them and I'll get to see them again. Besides, I miss my best friend Hope. (Before you say anything, 1) that is my name yes 2)I'm a pretty cool person for your best friend! :D ) The last time that I talked to her was when I was leaving to go to LA. I need to invite her out here sometime. I bet she'll love it. She adores the city since she just moved to U.K. I almost forgot, I won't be able to see her, since she moved. Maybe I should text her later after I'm done.

     I finish putting away all of the food. I grab my phone and start to head to the couch. I go to Hope's contact and send her a text. Saying hi and asking how the U.K. is. I go out of my messages and go to Twitter, to see what's happening with the world. A couple minutes later my phone buzzes. I look at the text and smile

     Hey buddy! Long time no..... Chat? Lol, something along this lines. The U.K. is amazing! So many accents I love it! But whenever I go into a shop they always comment on my accent. BUT I DON'T HAVE ONE, THEY DO! I also have a boyfriend now! About damn time! She texts I start to laugh. She has this weird thing with people that have accents. Hence wise she moved to the U.K. I text her back.

     Who's the boyfriend! Tell me his name! Everything about him! Is he cute? What's he like? I text. I always get excited for her when she gets a boyfriend. The guy always makes her feel happy. Till they be a dick and dump her for some slut. My phone goes off again.

     His name is Craig! (I'm sorry I had to he's my favorite! Please don't kill me!) He's British which is fucking amazing! We've been dating for 5 months now, basically when I came here. He's adorable and get this..... he plays video games just like me and you! And after you hear this I'll win you over...... He's a YouTuber just like you! Here, I'll send a pic of us. She texts. I read it in her excited voice that she has.

     I'm glad that she's happy. I wait a couple minutes for the picture to send. My phone goes off again, catching me off guard. I look at the picture and my heart stops. That's....... Holy shit...... That's the guy from the store! The one....... The one with the accent.

     HOPE! I SHIT YOU NOT I WAS JUST AT THE STORE WHEN I RAN INTO HIM! HE WAS WITH A FRIEND! I quickly text back. A couple seconds later she texts back.

     THAT'S INSANE! Hey, I gotta go. I should've told you this when I arrived but I'm in San Diego right now! I'm going to Comic Con tomorrow with Craig and his friends! She texts. Wait.... She's here?! In California?! Maybe I should try to go to Comic con tomorrow.