Company

2k!! Thank you guys so much! This book isn't as good as some other zombie books but hey! I'm just glad that you guys are reading, voting, and commenting on this story! Thanks again and as per usual enjoy the chapter ;)

(Evans POV)

     "I still can't believe that you BEGGED me to bring Morgan along with us." Tyler says looking in the back seat, looking at the tiny girl. I hear her giggle making me smile.

"She has to learn how to defend herself. Besides, we're just taking a quick trip to the store." I say. Morgan screams before bursting out in a laughing fit. Tyler and I both turn our heads to see what's happening. I turn my gaze quickly back to the road.

"MAKE HIM STOP UNCLE TYLER!! MAKE HIM STOP!" Morgan screams. Tyler begins to laugh before hitting either Marcel or Brian.

"She said stop uncle Brian." Tyler says calmly. Morgan stops laughing before sighing. I hear a slap come from the backseat followed by Brian saying ow. We start to laugh again.

We pull into the stores parking lot but I slam on the breaks. Morgan gasps and peers her head to the front of the car.

"SHE LOOKS LIKE MY AGE!! CAN I PLAY WITH HER?! CAN I UNCLE EVAN?!" She asks looking at me. I shake my head no. I turn off the car and look back at Brian and Marcel.

"Let me get out first then I'll wave you guys when it's all good." I say turning off the car. I grab the small pistol from the door and slowly get out of the car.

The little girl stares at me as I fully get out of the car. I put my hands up, showing no sign of hurting her.

"I sweetie. Are you here-" she runs inside the store before I can finish my sentence. Okay, I don't think I look THAT bad to make her run inside. I turn my head to wave the guys but I hear the store doors open and the sound of a gun being cocked.

"ALL OF YOU OUT OF THE CAR NOW!" A woman's voice yells. I look at the women and see a guy and the woman in their mid 20s pointing, a gun at me. I put my hands back up and look at the guys. They slowly start to get out of the car with their hands up as well. The last one to get out was Morgan. She was soon shoved behind Tyler and in front of Marcel.

"WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS HERE?!" The man yells. I turn my attention back to the couple and their child.

"We're..... we're just here to get some supplies and then we're heading back to our place." I say. The couple looks at each other and starts to whisper quietly. After about a minute they turn their attention back to us.

"Okay, but if you pull ANY AND I MEAN ANY funny business. I'm feeding ALL of your to our zombie pit." The guy says. I look back at the guys and nod my head, they start to nod their heads as well and I look back at the couple. I know he's lying, but who the hell knows with people these days.

"We wouldn't want that to happen." I say. Slowly setting my hands down. I walk up towards the store but before I go in the guy stops me and sticks out his hand.

"I'm Jonathan and this is my girlfriend Holly." Delirious instantly comes to my head. God how I miss my best friend. Jonathan starts to shake my hand. I smile and shake back.

"What's your daughters name?" I ask. He stops shaking my hand and looks at the girl.

"That's my little sister actually. Her name is Ava." He says. She looks our way and smiles at us. Morgan walks up to her and smiles. Ava smiles back at her.

We walk inside and I grab a shopping cart. The guys hesitantly walk in.

"You sure they'll be okay out there?" Tyler asks. Holly nods her head and walks up to me.

"We secured the area, they'll be fine." Holly says. "Besides, we're just passing through here. We're on our way to Atlanta Georgia to the CDC. We heard on the radio that they've found a cure." She says smiling. I look at Marcel who was now right next to me, confused.

"I uh..... hate to ruin the party but the radios haven't been working. How could you POSSIBLY have heard something?" Brian says. Both Jonathan and Holly shrug their shoulders.

"We heard the broadcast yesterday. We packed what we needed and now we are on our way." Jonathan says. I grab a couple of cans of mixed fruit and put them into the cart.

"Well, we wish you the best of luck then when you do go out there." I say. Earning a smile from the both of them.

     I start to hear a scream and then another scream following that one. I drop the can that I was holding and run towards the front of the entrance. I burst through the doors and see two staggering zombies reaching out for the girls. I pull out my gun to try and shoot them but Tyler runs past me and runs to the two girls. He pushes the zombies into each other and away from the girls. Ava grabs Morgan's hand and runs to me.

     Tyler pulls out his knife and stabs one of the zombies, the one closest to him, in the head. As he pulls out the knife ready to stab the other one, the zombie took a bite out of his shoulder. I hear everyone gasp behind me. I was able to shoot the zombie in the head before it can take another bite out of Tyler.

     Tyler falls to his knees and grabs his right shoulder in pain. It could be a matter of minutes, maybe even seconds before he turns. I raise my gun up and aim it at his head. Tears already coming to my eyes. Marcel and Brian push me out of their way and go to Tyler.

     "EVAN! NO NOT YET! WE HAVE TO SEE HOW LONG!" Brian yells looking at me, tears already rushing down his face. Another one of our friends he witnessed being bitten. Marcel and Brian help Tyler stand up.

     "MAYBE.... MAYBE WE HAVE SOMETHING BACK AT HOME?! IT DOESN'T HURT TO TRY..... RIGHT?!" Brian yells. He's not gonna make it, he's gonna be dead by morning.

     "Yeah..... lets go see." I say grabbing Morgans hand and quickly walking to the car.