Month

I'm writing this authors note at my homecoming! I'm sitting in the main hallway of my school legit trying not to cry because I have a bad case of social anxiety and there's SO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE HERE! I'm just trying to get through the night. Your probably asking, "oh if you have social anxiety then why are you at homecoming?" I was dragged here by my parents AND my friends and as soon as we got here all of them left except one ;_; I just wanna go home and write and or play video games. The story is probably gonna be written back at my house so yay, homecoming. The picture explains how I am..... like no joke. I'm legit a girl version on Mini that it's not even funny.

(Your POV)

     As soon as Hope and Craig come in through the door Delirious and I pop out from behind the couch.

     "HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOPE!!" Delirious and I both say excitingly. Hope gets a huge smile on her face then quickly loses it.

"My birthday is on the 3rd of October (TTTRRRUUUEEEE) that's like what a couple week away." Hope says looking at Craig. Craig shakes his head no.

"Nope it's today, I've been counting..... TRUST ME!" He exclaims. Hope buckles down to her knees and starts to shake her fist at the sky.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE 21! I'M MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY A SIX YEAR OLD!" She yells. We all start to laugh as she sighs before finally standing back up again. I start to pat her on the shoulder.

"How does it feel to be older then me?" I say still patting her on the shoulder. She rolls her eyes and crosses her arms.

     "I'd rather be six then 21 to be honest." She says. I laugh and point towards the kitchen.

     "I found Pringles and hair dye for you and Delirious found Bugles for you as well." I say. As soon as I said hair dye she ran to the kitchen. Almost pouncing onto the table grabbing the food as well as the hair dye.

     Still can't believe it's been a whole month. A month and I think 2 weeks since this whole thing actually started. A month since we got to this house, we barely go away from the house and if we do it's to go to the creek near the backyard to wash up. Sometimes we hear people talking up the stream and we would always hide until after they stopped, always a precaution. Hopes slowly getting back to her old self but still not acting like it though. I wish the old Hope was back, I honestly miss that.

     "So Craig what did you guys talk about on your daily walk today ?" I ask Craig sitting down on the couch.

     Delirious sits next to me and puts an arm around me. I'm honestly confused with Delirious. He does this stuff like wraps an arm around me and holds my hand sometimes, like are we dating and I just not know about it or not?

     "I uh..... it was honestly a couple of weird discussions." He says rubbing his head and starting to get red. Hope walks out of the kitchen and sits at the couch across from us next to Craig.

     "We talked about how a wedding will go during this time. LIKE HOW COULD YOU EVEN GET MARRIED?! THERES NOT A PRIEST AND LIKE WHAT ABOUT GUEST?!" Hope yells. Delirious starts to chuckle.

     "I've always wanted to be a priest. And the guest can be zombies of course!" Delirious exclaims still laughing. Both Hope and Craig look at him confused.

     "Wait, who's getting married? No ones getting married dude, we where just talking about how a wedding WOULD go during an apocalypse." Hope says. "And why in the hell do you mean by you want to be a priest?!" I smile and start to laugh a little.

(Evans POV)

     The gun goes off and I flench again, still trying to get used to the sound.

     "Like that Evan?" Morgan asks me. I smile and nod my head.

     "Just like that Morgan! You did SO good! You hit the target!" I say smiling at the little girl. I still can't believe her parents ditched her after a couple of zombies where getting at them. Glad I ran when I did.

     "So why exactly are we teaching an 8 year old to shoot a gun exactly?" Tyler asks walking up to us. Morgan puts the gun down and looks at Tyler.

     "Cause Evan said uncle Tyler!" She says smiling. Tyler begins to chuckle. Ever since we rescued her she started calling us her uncles.

     "Well uncle Tyler is just wondering as to why." Tyler says looking at me. I shrug my shoulders.

     "Hey Morgan how about you go see what uncle Brian and uncle Marcel are doing." I say. She gasps before starting to run back towards the house.

     "What if something bad where to happen to us? She would have no way of defending herself, or what if we get attacked by zombies again? She can help shoot them." I say. Tyler crosses his arms, still not approving of the idea.

     "What if something goes wrong with the gun? Boom she's dead." Tyler says. I shake my head no.

     "And nothing bad will ever happen. I'll even make sure that nothing does happen." I say. Tyler still shakes his head.

     "She's too young dude, I just think we need to hold it off until she's like ten at the least." Tyler says. He would make a very over protective dad I swear. I throw my hands up in defense.

     "Just making sure that she'll be alright." I say. Tyler sighs before starting to walk back to the house. God I can't believe that it's been a while fucking month already. I honestly do miss (Y/N). I hope that she's alive and well.