17) Lost My Way

Location : Johor, Malaysia

Sender : Mr Saiful

I live in Woodlands area in Singapore, a place very close to Johor, Malaysia. So it is normal for me to travel to Johor frequently, especially when my family members love the food there. 

On this particular night after 12.30am, i went into Johor. My family members were all craving for some Malaysian food so my Mum told me to buy food in an area in Johor called.. Stulang Laut. After checking out of the checkpoint, i straight away go to Stulang Laut. There are a lot of food stalls there. I ordered 4 packets of food to bring home.

After that, usually i would do a U-turn but this time i went straight into the streets of Stulang Laut. My friend had once told me that if i ride home using this particular road, it would be faster to reach Singapore. 

As i ride through the street, all of a sudden, the street lights just..blackout! My heart almost stopped beating but i just ignore it and continued riding. I was the only one on the road and the only light was coming from my motorbike's headlight. It felt so creepy because it was so dark!

I wasn't satisfied so i stopped riding and called my friend. He explained to me how to go about and that's when i realized i had gotten onto the wrong street. He said, i was supposed to turn into the second road but instead i went into the first road! As i put down the phone, i turned and stopped.. because what i saw really creeped me out! 

Right there on my right, there was a whole stretch of... the Muslim cemetery!! I quickly got on my bike and started riding back to where i came from. On my way there, i kept on reading the prayers non-stop! As i came into light again and turn into the supposed street, i felt a huge sense of relief!

The other street was very lively, full with food stalls and people around. It is so different from the other one. But as i ride, i noticed almost everyone there kept staring at me! I just brush it off and waited for the green light. 

"Boy! Oh boy!" i realized an Uncle there was calling out to me. 

"Come here..just come here for a while.." he said again.

I parked my bike at a corner and went up to him.

"Sit here for a while. Order anything from my shop for free. The thing is still there.." he said while looking at my bike.

I turned around to look but i could not see anything. 

"You can't see it..but i can. It is seating on your bike. Just rest at my shop for a while. It will get bored of you. Where you from?" he asked again.

"I'm on my way back to Singapore, Uncle.." i told him.

"Oh..a Singaporean. There have been so many encounters. People have told me many stories about that street. There is an old Villa there..and there's a cemetery there.." he added.

I ordered coffee and sat there while at the same time tried to gain some knowledge of the other street. I think i sat there between 15-20 minutes.

"You can go now. Its gone..Go home now.." he told me.

I looked at my bike and him again.

"Don't worry. Its gone now." he said again.

What an experience that night. I only felt its presence but thank God i didn't see it. Big thanks to the Uncle for saving me from whatever it is.