23) Footsteps

Location : Portsmouth, England

Sender : Mdm Radiah

I've been living in England for the past 23 years. This happened 20 years ago, inside my very first home in England. It was a few weeks after getting married to the love of my life, an English man. My husband wanted to surprise me so he blindfolded my eyes all the way till we reached his dream house.

The moment he removed my blindfold...my heart sank. I'm a Muslim woman from Singapore who is so used to living near my neighbours and shops but...out of all houses, my husband chose a house that was far away from everyone else and we're only surrounded by woods! It looks just like the haunted house from the horror movie, Amityville. My whole mood changed from happy to very worried.

"Do you like it honey?" my husband asked me.

As a doting wife who didn't want to let him down, I said,

"I love it dear.." but on the inside i'm not happy at all.

Not trying to show off but my husband works as a financial broker so at times he needs to go outstation to other cities and I will be left alone. So right after he showed me the house, he had to rush to work and that is by leaving me behind and not coming back for at least a week or two.

Nothing happened the first few nights but on the forth night.. disturbance began. I had a jug of water with me because I didn't like going up and down my house at night as its so creepy! So I was just chilling in my room, relaxing when I heard footsteps in my house. Just imagine i'm all alone at that point of time..

"THAK THAK THAK! THAK THAK THAK!"

I started to freak out.

"Hey... who's there?! Oi ...who's there?!" I shouted from inside my room.

My bedroom door was closed as I love to keep it that way. Slowly I crept to my door and opened it. I wanted to see who it was because I know I'm alone at home.

"Hun! Is that you? Hun? Is that you?" I called out to my husband thinking he had returned home.

But there was no answer. I feel like something wasn't right. The footsteps continued walking around my house. I closed the door and just went to sleep. I don't remember what happened after that. The fifth night, it happened again. It was about 7pm when the footsteps came back. I was in my room and tried to hear the footsteps clearly. This time, I heard it coming for the stairs and then it walked all the way to my room and stopped right in front of my door. And then...

"THUD THUD THUD! THUD THUD THUD!" non stop knocking on my bedroom door.

"Hoi!! Who's there?!?!" I shouted as loud as I can and it stopped knocking immediately.

I had kept my Quran (Islamic Holy Book) inside my drawer next to my bed. I took it out and quickly read it. The more I read, the more peaceful I felt and slowly I had forgotten about the disturbance. I read and read till I fell asleep. There was no other disturbance as far as I can remember. So now I know that I have some sort of mission.

The mission is to read the Quran every night as I felt that those things were afraid of holy readings. So on the 7th night I read the Quran non-stop. There was no disturbance at all but still felt creepy. The next night also nothing happened.

On the 9th night..i was too tired to read the Quran and had fallen asleep. I woke up suddenly when I heard loud footsteps in my house. The best part was..my bedroom door was wide open! I rose up and sat on my bed for a while. I tried to listen carefully where the footsteps were. I heard that its coming up the stairs and it stopped. I knew that right after this, its coming for my room!

On the spot, I ran to my bedroom door. I could hear those footsteps coming closer and closer. Right after I closed the door,

"THUDD THUD THUD! THUD THUD THUD!"

I rushed to my drawer to take out my Quran but its nowhere to be found! I suddenly recalled that I had left it in the living room! That night I had no other choice but to continue reciting any prayers I know till I fell asleep.

I never told my husband about any of my encounters. Every night my mission in that house was to read the Quran. I became more religious slowly. I didn't live too long in that house. Once I conceived our first child, i finally told my husband to move to a better location that's located near amenities and schools. I didn't want those things to attack my child. All praises to God, I'm now living in a better home with my family without any supernatural encounters. I've no idea what happened or who's living in that house now. Thank you.