38) The Woman At The End Of The Canteen

Location : Singapore

Sender : Ms Izah

I work in a factory in Singapore. The canteen of the place where i worked normally operates from morning till 8.30 pm everyday. But the doors of the canteen remains unlocked for staff who does shift duties like myself. Also, i always bring my own food to work whenever i'm on night shift duty. For night shift, we have 2 breaks. The first one is 1 hour long from 10 pm till 11 pm while the shorter break is from 2 am till 2.15 am. 

Due to heavy work that night, i went down around 11 pm to have my dinner. The canteen at this factory is very big and i was all alone that night. I started to enjoy my food. One bite, 2nd, 3rd till the 4th bite i didn't realize anything. Suddenly, i looked up to look around and i was so shocked to see that i was not alone. Right at the end of the canteen, i saw a woman eating. 

"Aye... when did she come in??" i whispered to myself. 

The reason why i was so shocked to see her is because i am seating near the main door to the canteen. There's no other door into the canteen. So i ignored her at first. I continued enjoying my food, looked at my phone and then my eyes would travel around to look at her again. 

I continuously did this that night for no apparent reason. More than 3 times my eyes would travel around to look at her. I can't see her face because her back was facing me. I just noticed that when i first saw her, she was seated right at the end of the canteen. But the third time i looked at her, she had moved 2 tables closer. It was so strange but true! The more i looked at her, its like as if she is moving closer and closer towards me.

I started to feel uncomfortable. I read some prayers continuously until suddenly, i heard the voice of a woman crying faintly. The more i read, the more the voice didn't stop crying. I got up quickly because i started to feel very scared. I rushed towards the lift to go back to my office. My whole body was filled with goosebumps. It felt like as if 'she' was right behind me!

The canteen is located in B1 (basement level 1). I can choose to walk up the stairs but i felt that taking the lift was faster. I pressed the lift button but for the first time, that night felt like a thousand years. The lift was taking so long to come down! I kept on pressing the button to make it move faster. If only that was the trick but nope.

In the end, it came and i rushed in and went up towards production line (my department). Thank God 'she' didn't attack me inside the lift! One thing i learned from this crazy but short experience is not to eat alone at night because you might never know what will happen.