20) Room 1149

Location : Malaysia

Sender : Mrs Ina

A few years ago, before my bosses transfer me into the F&B department, I was working as the chamber maid or housekeeper of a hotel in Malaysia. I can't reveal the hotel's name.

Just by looking at the number, you can tell that it's located on the 11th floor. There was a family who had committed suicide in this room. They hanged themselves to death and usually the housekeeping staff will experience something... because they had to clean up the room on their own. There was a time when I was cleaning it, the door suddenly closed on its own and then I heard a child crying in the bathroom! So creepy!

I am also in-charge of booking the rooms for our customers so whenever I see a Muslim family from Indonesia / Singapore / Brunei trying to book a room, I will help them  to book other rooms. I know that Muslims are not really keen with these things and some of us are superstitious and can see and feel stuff. That was why I helped them. So what happened was one day, I was not in duty and a Muslim family from Singapore had came to stay and my colleague gave them room..1149.

The moment I return back to work 2 days later, I found out that there was a big commotion. This family had gotten into a fight with my colleagues. Slowly I found out what happened..

At night, when the family were sleeping, the wife is actually a light sleeper. So she woke up in the middle of the night suddenly... only to find a family hanging on top of them and they were all looking at her in an angry manner!! She screamed her lungs out which woke her husband and she told him what she saw.

The whole family went down to the lobby and asked for immediate change of room and of course, it was a very big commotion. The couple complained and etc. Now the room had been changed into a spare room. Every hotel needs to have a few spare rooms. These special rooms are considered as faulty but ... we will still rent it out in case of emergency. Altogether in this hotel, there are 5 spare rooms, including Room 1149.

Thank you.