June 06 | 18:00

Jimin was shyly sitting in front of the piano, anticipating the lesson. He didn't get to practice the other day because he didn't really know what to practice.

Hearing the door open behind him, he awkwardly let out a sigh. "Hello, Jimin." He heard along with the sound of the door closing.

He felt Yoongi sit next to him, their thighs touching a soft touch as Jimin said back, "Hello, Yoongi hyung."

"Okay, so let's get started. Play with the keys," Yoongi said and just watched Jimin.

Jimin nodded, pressing on keys slowly, trying to let the sound sink in. He didn't play the other keys. He just played one. And kept pressing it, hearing the monotone just coat the walls of the room.

After he felt like he got the hang of that sound, he pressed the white one on its right, comparing it almost. Finally, the monotone was replaced with duality. Just back and forth. Then, he pressed the second one, just familiarizing himself with the sound.

He paid attention to the keys he was playing, where they were placed and how they sounded, keeping in mind to think of it each time.

After a few seconds, he pressed them together and flinched at the disgusting sound.

Yoongi laughed at Jimin's expression and spoke. "That's enough for today. Your ten minutes are up."

"Already? That was quick..."

"You didn't even realize... that's good. Anyways, another basic thing I'll be teaching you today is the pedals." Jimin felt Yoongi's feet move around his as he'd said that.

He watched Yoongi raise his hands, his slender fingers landing on the keys to press a note and immediately letting go of it. But, Jimin heard the sound of the piano stay, like the sound was getting held.

"Hear that?" Jimin nodded at the question. "That's the sustain pedal. It sustains the sound like it just did. It's the one on the far right."

Yoongi pressed another note and let it go but the sound was held again. "That's another example of its function. The next one- on the most left- is the soft pedal."

Jimin felt Yoongi's feet shift and hold down something. He pressed a note, then. "Do you hear that?"

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. And, shook his head.

Yoongi scrunched his nose making Jimin's heart drop. Did he mess up?

"I had trouble with distinguishing the other pedals, too, they're not widely used but you get a wider spectrum if you know them." As Yoongi said that, Jimin let out a breath of relief. He hadn't messed up.

Hearing a chuckle from Yoongi, Jimin felt himself pout. "You seemed worried for a second there, are you okay?"

With an intake of breath, Jimin nodded, his eyes glued on the piano keys.

"Well, let's keep going then. The soft pedal-"

🎼🎹

"And, that's it for today. No homework. Have fun playing, Jimin," Yoongi stood up ruffling Jimin's hair and turning around to leave.

"Wait," Jimin stopped, then his cheeks flushed.

Yoongi turned back around while at the threshold of the door. "Hm?"

Jimin then wondered why he even did that. He shook his head. "I forgot what to tell you. Sorry about that."

Yoongi chuckled, somehow fluttering Jimin's heart. "It's okay. Tell me if you remember tomorrow. Bye."

The door closed, the sound leaving an air of loneliness in the room.

Jimin turned back to his piano and averted his gaze downwards to the keys.

"Bye..."

🎼🎹

"Jimin hyung! Where even were you! I invited you to a meet up at 6!" Jungkook's voice yelled from the phone when Jimin finally answered a call of his. He had twenty four missed calls and fifty two text messages. Half of the text messages was probably crap from group chat.

"Um... I told you I wanted to learn piano, right?" Jimin started, then he heard a hum from the other side. "Well, I was attending my lesson. It starts at six and ends at seven. I just got back to my phone."

"Ohh- sorry about that, then. So, are you coming? We'll still be here until eight thirty, Jin's boyfriend is here, too. They're making out, though... Anyways! Are you coming?" Jimin thought about it, then looked at the time. I could spend forty five minutes with them.

He covered the voice recorder of his phone and popped his head out of his room. "Mom! Can I go out?"

"Is it with Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jin?" His mom asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah," he yelled back.

"Sure, honey. Take some money from the table. Be safe!" He heard, then went back to the phone.

"I'm in."

"Great. We're at karaoke near that nice tea shop. You know that place. Tae's finally gonna shut up now..." Jimin heard Jungkook mumbled at the end before the call ended and threw his phone onto his bed.

He dashed into his closet to change quickly. He didn't really give much effort to his clothes for the lesson because it was home lessons— the teacher, in this setting, should expect the student to come in pajamas. But, he always tried to look at least decent; he didn't know why he cared that much about what Yoongi thought.

He slipped into skinny jeans and quickly put on a button up dotted shirt. Grabbing his socks and phone, he went downstairs and somehow put on his socks at the same time.

He pulled out a few thousand wons from his mother's purse and told her how much he's taking. She just hummed in reply.

Jimin quickly slipped into a random pair of shoes and finally got out the house, feeling a cold breeze.

Maybe I should've put on a jacket?

Then, the breeze stopped and the warmth of the atmosphere kissed his skin, getting rid of his goosebumps from earlier, and he decided he'll be fine.