June 18 | 16:15

"Ah-" Jimin started in frustration, "I'm not going to come today, you're inviting me too short in time, Taehyung."

"But, it's summer! We finished school, too! We have college to go to in like two months, what do you even have to do? Today's a Sunday, you don't even have piano lessons!"

"I'll come over Jungkook's house tomorrow morning, but I can't go today. I'll even bring you two some food," Jimin offered, arm already aching from holding up the phone to his ear.

A pause was heard on the other end for a few seconds, "Okay!" Then, the call ended.

Of course, if it's food, they'd agree to anything, Jimin thought before tossing his phone to his bed and exiting his room to head down to the music room. He wanted to practice.

Remembering the previous day when Yoongi had come over to test him, he appreciated greatly that he stayed a little more to retell him the names of the notes to the sound. He was playing the episode repeatedly in his head, humming each sound of the key and thinking its respective note.

"Jimin?" He heard his mom's voice come from the top of the stairs just when he'd reached the bottom one.

"Hm?" he hummed, halfway turning his body to look up at his mom.

"You... really love the piano, don't you?" She asked, bringing an elated burst to Jimin's heart as he vigorously nodded, evidently excited.

She chuckled before making her way into the master bedroom, "Well, don't let me stop you to it, then. Go on."

With a happy grin, Jimin followed his mother's words and entered the music room.

Sitting down in the middle of the bench, he adjusted himself to the shift of position than his usual to one side.

Playing over the treble and bass clef papers, he felt himself getting more and more familiar with sounding out the printed notes.

When he reached his fourth paper, he realized something - it was so curiously familiar to him.

With his heart pounding and conscious feeling like a strong wind hit, he realized the note he was playing was a C. The sound of his own pulse blaring in his ears in such excitement, he played the black key-

That's a C sharp, or a D flat!

Every note he pressed, he felt a surge of electric realization which note was which, connecting the sound with the keys.

Elation in every breath he gasped, he went through all the notes, recognizing each and every one.

Not being able to contain his newfound knowledge, he scurried out of the music room and up the stairs, dashing into his room before jumping on his bed, grabbing his phone in the process.

Tapping his screen, which felt like it was working too slowly right now, he immediately pressed the contact he first thought of calling.

The dial tone didn't even last, the other end picking up almost instantly. Before Jimin could let the other person speak, he squealed out in exhilaration.

"Yoongi hyung!"

"Jimin?" he heard on the other end; the voice sounded pleased.

"Hyung! Hyung! Guess what?!" Jimin asked, not being able to contain his excitement.

Hearing a chuckle, he heard him say softly, "What?"

"I figured it out, hyung! I figured it out!" Jimin exclaimed.

"What did you figure out, Jimin?" Yoongi asked, although, he knew exactly what Jimin had figured out. He didn't think it would happen this soon.

"I figured out the- the notes- the keys-" not knowing how to describe this striking of information, Jimin just let out an exasperated yet happy breath. "Everything- connected- it's so amazing. How did- I-" and again, he just let out a breath, now hearing a soft chortle on the other line.

"I'm proud of you, Jimin," he heard, making his heart flutter and fill with an ecstatic frenzy.

"I... Thank you so much, hyung," Jimin voiced, chest constricting in a hurl of happy emotions.

"It wasn't me," Yoongi said, sounding pleased, voice soft and soothing as ever.

As he was on the phone with Yoongi, lying on his back on the bed, he saw his mom peek in, a curious smile on her lips. She mouthed a question, asking who he was talking to.

His smile not faltering, Jimin mouthed back 'Yoongi hyung' before he heard Yoongi speaking again. "So, Jimin... which note is which?" Yoongi asked, knowing the answer, but he wanted to hear Jimin's excited voice tell him.

Jimin saw his mom's bright smile before she went back into her room. He got up from his bed and slowly went down the stairs and into the music room, telling Yoongi about his achievement.

"The- the one left to the two blacks is a C! The middle C! And, so is the first note you taught me with the music notes! This is so cool-"

With Yoongi on the other line, a soft smile playing on his lips, listening to Jimin play each note and telling him which one was which, time ticked by, neither of them getting tired of the other's presence, even if it was through the phone.