December 08 | 18:57

Watching Jimin from the side as he's playing a song he just learned, Yoongi stares.

When the younger finishes, he meets his eyes in question, probably to ask how it was.

But instead of answering that question, Yoongi says something he didn't expect at all.

"What do you say about performing a song on the piano for the first time?"

"Huh?" The sudden offer takes Jimin by surprise. Performing a song?

"You know," Yoongi starts, tilting his head a little before continuing, "Like in front of a crowd. Christmas is coming up. The others and I have a show, and I thought you could open it with the piano?"

At a loss, Jimin just slacks his jaw, not knowing how to react.

Awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck, Yoongi reassures, "It's okay if you don't want to. I just think you're capable enough already."

"No, I want to!" Jimin answers, a delighted twinkle in his eyes. "Thank you so much for this opportunity, hyung... And for teaching me everything so far. Thank you."

Heart filling up with warmth at the words, Yoongi softly pats Jimin's back. "You deserve it. I'll give you the song you have to play when it's ready, okay?"

Jimin nods, a happy flush to his cheeks, "Okay!"

Ah, how cute, Yoongi thinks before glancing at the time. He's little disappointed they don't have more time; it's a Friday, too.

"Our class ends here, then. See you next week, Jimin." With that, Yoongi stands up from the bench, ruffling the younger's hair before he walks out.

Jimin just sits there, happy beyond belief. Then, he feels a surge of determination to play more - love the piano more.

He looks at the keys, and his eyes just soften up, falling in love with the instrument all over again at that one glance - the memories of its sounds filling his head.

His fingers once again land on the keys, engulfing his soul in the warmth of the sounds that follow.