June 27 | 18:12

"Today's another theory class, Jiminie," Yoongi stated just as the first ten minutes were up.

"Hm?" An anticipating glint in his eyes, he looked at Yoongi expectantly.

"I'll be teaching you all the basic terms you need to know, like staccato, forte, and piano and such."

"Piano?" Jimin repeated, lips slightly pouted out in confusion making Yoongi's heart clench.

Ignoring it, Yoongi just let out an amused breath, saying, "Not the instrument, it's a term for the volume you play in."

"Ah," Jimin voiced, understanding. Then, he sheepishly grinned, "That makes sense."

Nodding, Yoongi gave a small smile, the skin on his chin crinkling slightly- Jimin always noticed this, and he found it adorable to a level of the universe's existence. He'd never say that out loud, though. Never.

"Okay, let's start with the volumes," Yoongi said, fingers ghosting over the keys before bringing them up a bit and then strongly pressing them down, emitting a loud chord making Jimin flinch in surprise.

"That's forte, it's loud."

Then, he pressed his hand so softly, gently as catching a feather. A low sound of the same note sounded.

"That's piano, soft."

Now, the realization hitting Jimin, he felt the urge to voice it but he kept it in, curious for more.

"There are also moderate of each of these. Moderate of piano is called mezzo piano, just a little louder than piano," saying that, Yoongi pressed the chord a little stronger than previously.

"And, there's mezzo forte, moderately loud, more than mezzo piano but less than forte," with that, Yoongi played the chord according to his words.

"You got it?"

Jimin let the information sink in before nodding. "Yeah," he breathed out.

"Okay, so moving on to legato and staccato, then."

Hearing such words, Jimin giggled softly. "So weird."

Yoongi grinned, seeing Jimin's amused expression.

"You'll get used to them. For now, let's keep going. It isn't getting boring, is it?" Yoongi's eyebrows furrowed, worried if Jimin was losing interest.

With a bright beam, Jimin shook his head.

"Not at all!"

Like the sun rising to bring warmth to the day, Yoongi's heart warmed seeing Jimin's smile, reassured.

"Great. So, where were we? Oh, right, legato..."