January 07 | 22:03

Ugh ever since I updated wattpad, I haven't been getting any notifs for comments :'( so I'll probably come to the chapter itself to reply until it gets fixed.

As he's getting ready for bed, Jimin is reminded of something he'd noted to ask about.

Quickly entering his warm blankets after brushing his teeth, he curls up. Unlocking his phone, Jimin immediately goes to the messaging app, hoping the recipient is available.

Opening the chat, he sees the last time he'd sent something was a week ago. Feeling bad, he sends a greeting text.

To Hoseok hyung — Hey, hyung! How've you been? It's been a while since we texted!

And just as hoped, the read receipt immediately pops up, the 'Hoseok hyung is typing...' bubble appearing.

From Hoseok hyung — Heyyy Jimin~! ❤️️ how's my dongsaeng doing?

Smiling at the response, Jimin quickly types a reply back.

To Hoseok hyung — I'm doing well :) how about you, hyung? Anything exciting happening in Gwangju? How's noona?

Hoseok is indeed away on a trip to Gwangju with his sister, making good use of his last week of winter vacation.

From Hoseok hyung — I'm great! Gwangju is nice like always. I mean, I was born here, you know 😎 and noona is doing fine, too, she wishes you happy holidays!

To Hoseok hyung — That's good to hear. Tell her thank you and wishes from me too, please ^_^

Now, Jimin wonders: how should he get to the question he needs to ask?

From Hoseok hyung — Ah, I'm tired, and need to sleep. You should head to bed, too, Jimin. Goodnight!

Panicking a little, Jimin hurriedly asks Hoseok to wait.

To Hoseok hyung — There's something I want to ask

From Hoseok hyung — Hm?

Might as well just ask, Jimin thinks, a little embarrassed for being so flustered to ask such a normal question.

To Hoseok hyung — When is Yoongi hyung's birthday?

From Hoseok hyung — Oh yeah, it's coming up, not before mine though. It's in March

To Hoseok hyung — ...Can I have the exact date?

From Hoseok hyung — Already thinking of a present? That's just like you, Jimin hehehe

From Hoseok hyung — March 9th

Calculating how much time he has left to think of a good present, Jimin grins.

To Hoseok hyung — Thank you~ that's all I wanted to ask. Goodnight hyung! ❤️ sleep well

From Hoseok hyung — You too, Jimin

Shutting his phone, Jimin leans back on his pillow, thinking of all the options of gifts he could give Yoongi for his birthday.

And so, for the next hour, he stays awake, squirming and going on his phone every now and then to find the perfect present he could possibly give.

Just when he's about to give up and go to sleep, a notification from YouTube pops up: REACTION TO MIN PD'S 'SOULFUL INTIMACY'. And just then, the something strikes Jimin's mind.

The idea for the perfect gift, he's got it.