May 31 | 15:40

"Come on, Jimin. I'm not going to kill you so calm down. We've literally known each other for more than two years."

Jimin shoots Namjoon a weird look at his words, replying a little incredulously, "I literally just asked why you're taking me somewhere without telling me. Where's Yoongi? I've been looking for him since morning."

"Just come with me, you'll find him later."

Pouting at Namjoon's dismissive behavior, he shrugged, going along with it.

"Is that the performance hall? What's going on?"

"Jimin, you're cute and all, but stop asking questions, please. I can't answer them."

Rolling his eyes, Jimin doesn't say anymore, deciding to just wait it out.

"Go sit in the first row." With that, Namjoon leaves.

Thinking he should just do as Namjoon says, Jimin goes and sits on the front row, one of the seats in the middle, looking at the blackness in front of him. There's nothing there, so what's the point? Is someone going to perform? What is this? His birthday isn't soon, so what were they planning?

The lights on the stage turn on, showing five people with different instruments on stage. They're people Jimin vaguely remembers seeing when he visited Yoongi's class once. But, Yoongi isn't there.

There's an unoccupied upright piano right in the middle and more to the front making Jimin wonder if he can go up and play it.

But, instead, someone comes out of the backstage curtains — someone Jimin recognizes in an instant.

Yoongi.

His grin is bright, eyes sparkling with excitement.

Jimin's face turns into one of surprise when Yoongi sits down.

"This is for you, Park Jimin."

He says, making Jimin's heart skip a beat.

Jaw slacked, Jimin's eyes don't leave Yoongi as he starts to play, the sound of the piano being the only one to dance in the big auditorium.

The sound reached in and touched Jimin's heart, making him pull his hands to his heart and curl a little into himself.

Then, when Yoongi stops playing, the other instruments join in — blending in an ensemble of the prettiest sounds.

After a few seconds, Yoongi starts playing again, the music doing a crescendo into a spilling moment of overwhelming feelings. Affection, excitement, love, warmth — all of them in the lovely notes they all played.

Jimin feels like he's flying, dancing in the clouds, stepping on the notes, on a waltz with Yoongi and his love.

The music then softens, surrounding him like a warm blanket, tucking him into a bliss of happiness.

The song elevates and spins him around, sending him on an adventure of all sorts of lovely emotions.

Jimin revels at the low hum of the cello complimenting the slow and high end of the piano, slowing down into an end.

When there is silence, Jimin opens his eyes, barely even realizing he'd closed it.

Feeling like he's about to cry, heart shaking at the display of Yoongi's love, he stands up and claps, eyes glistening.

Yoongi looks at him from the side, smile mirroring Jimin's in happiness. Covering the keys, he stands up, turning to face Jimin.

"Jimin-ah," is all he says, and Jimin is pouting, tears slipping out as he runs forward to just in front of the stage. He doesn't have to beckon for Yoongi to sit down, legs hanging off, to be on level with each other.

Arms warmly around Yoongi, Jimin buries his head into his shoulder, whining softly. "You're too amazing, you know that?"

"No," Yoongi says, laughing softly, a hand going up to Jimin's hair to gently run his fingers through it. "You're amazing."

Jimin pulls back, scrunching his nose before softly pushing Yoongi. "Don't do that when I'm trying to compliment you. Take it and be smug like you always do."

Releasing his gummy smile, Yoongi leans down forward to touch their noses. "I know I'm amazing. Why else would you be my boyfriend?"

The smug tone in his voice made Jimin laugh loudly before he pulled the elder into an endearing kiss.

They could vaguely hear Yoongi's classmates cheering in the background, but they focused on the more important sounds.

The sound of their gentle breaths, mingling in the middle; the sound of their laughter and kisses of love; the sound of beauty.